“ricordi felici, cibo delizioso, una fortuna scoperta”
Review of Camera & Cucina

Camera & Cucina
Ranked #165 of 288 Restaurants in Sorrento
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Camera&Cucina is a "place" where you can eat the best Campania cuisine and a gallery where you can admire the works of international photographers. You eat Italian but speaks all languages ​​of the world, as it always does in Sorrento.Camera & Cucina is a place where everyone can choose how to spend your time, a new living room of entertainment in which distant worlds meet and cross different routes of taste: taste, eat, watch, listen. Sorrento is famous for its gardens and also C & C has a typical terrace with a garden bar- The Cortile- where every evening, from the aperitif on, you can experience cocktails and listen to the notes of our soundtracks. You just have to come, make yourself at home
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I spent my last day and evening in Sorrento at Camera & Cucina. A wonderful discovery, or as we say in English--a bit of serendipity. It began with a cooking class in the morning. I was picked up by Giuseppe and Valentina at my hotel in a charming cart with canopy, which reminded me of a golf cart in the U.S. I was whisked through the streets of Sorrento to a super mercato to pick up fresh mozzarella for the eggplant parmesan I was going to make. The staff at Camera & Cucina create a family atmosphere the moment you arrive. Fortunately, I was the only one signed up for the cooking class and received a personal lesson from their exceptional head chef, Ciro, and his partner, whose name I don't remember. I was dressed in an apron and chef's hat, which I later kept. They put me to work and I made a Grandmother's Cake, which I traveled back to the U.S. with and shared with my friends and family...perfetto! They taught me how to make fresh ravioli and a simple but delizioso fresh tomato sauce. I also learned how to properly cut eggplant. I sat down with a wonderful glass of white wine and Valentina and enjoyed every morsel of my prepared lunch. Mauro, the owner, joined us later and I now have wonderful pictures as a keepsake. I returned for dinner that evening and was extremely impressed with my light dinner, prawns of shrimp over a citron salad and plenty of Prosecco. A must on your list of places to visit while staying in Sorrento!

There are newer reviews for Camera & Cucina

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Based on previous reviews, we decided to try this restaurant. We were sorely lacking veggies. It was super close (staying at H. Antiche Mura). It clean, nonsmoking (what a relief!), international music, minimalistic (but not cold) and had a cool vibe.
Mauro was our server who suggested a very lovely middle of the road (price point) which was local. Not too aged but full bodied enough to hold up to steak and not too much for the amberjack tuna.
Food was refreshingly different, not just charcuterie and pasta.
Very fun, would return w/o a second thought!

Reviewed September 27, 2013

During our stay in Sorrento we found this restaurant through Trip Advisor and decided to give it a try. It was close to our hotel and we had no trouble finding it and so glad it wasn't on the very crowded Main square with busloads of tourists filling all the pizza/pasta joints. It was empty which isn't a good sign, but my husband thought we should try it. Well, it was amazing! The staff, especially Richard, were warm and friendly, and the food was delicious. I had a huge piece of perfectly grilled tuna with some fresh crunchy veges, just what I wanted after all the pasta/pizza. My husband had mixed seafood and veges all fried to a golden crisp and not greasy. We also had salads which were great, love the fennel. A lovely dining experience at reasonable prices for sure. Give it a try, you will not be disappointed!

1  Thank jlhinckley
Reviewed September 18, 2013

The food was excellent as was the service. Staff very friendly and helpful.
Just two minutes walk from our hotel.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

This place was a nice find a short walk from the main square. There was a wedding on in the next room but the service was still excellent and the food was of a Hugh standard. I had sea bream ravioli with sea fruits and it was divine. A nice quiet place away from the tourist traps.