Excellent bits: - Location. 5 minutes from bus and train station, 10 minute stroll into the centre of Sorrento (on the flat unless you want to go to the harbour). Hotel staff very friendly and helpful. Hotel very clean.
Not bad, but not brilliant: - If you like to complete your 3 course evening meal from sitting down to leaving to be around 30 to 40 minutes you will be fine. If you like a leisurely meal - no chance. We had to ask the staff to slow down between courses as we didn't have time to digest and appreciate, but that didn't help much.
In the same category we would advise that if the restaurant is busy at evening meal time (6.30 to 8.30) the one and only bar man is called in to help so you cannot get a drink or a table cleared until he gets back which can be in excess of an hour so if you like a drink before dinner get in early, if you like a drink after dinner you could be lucky or you may have to take a stroll out.
Would we visit again? Sorrento NO, its far to expensive for eating and drinking, but if prices fell to a reasonable level we would recommend Sorrento and would definitely stay at the Michelangelo (where surprisingly for a hotel prices aren't too bad).
Rooms not a bad size and have a TV (only a couple of English speaking channels). Many of the Americans did not think the shower cubicles were big enough. We British must have smaller bathrooms as we felt ours adequate. We had a large terrace backing onto the railway line which never bothered us one bit. The trains do not run particularly early or late and actually not that often so no problems.
Go get on a train to Pompeii its only 11 euros and a great day out. Sorrento is the last stop on the line so you cannot really get off in the wrong place. Pompeii well advertised as a stop so you are unlikely to miss the stop.
Go have a great time but take lots of spending money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An oasis in the heart of Sorrento. The Hotel offers a special atmostphere and right environment for spending a relaxing and amusing holiday. Even if it is located in the centre of the town, the Hotel is a tranquil oasis. The structure has been developed around an ancient tower, dating back to the sixtieth century. It hosts three large suites which are characterised by intimate and luxurious atmospheres. Our services Swimming pool, Credit Cards, Satellite TV, Hairdryer in room, Safe, Fax, Photocopying, Luggage Storage, Restaurant, Internet point, Wi-Fi. Our staff speaks English, French and German. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Cancelon, Orbitz, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Michelangelo Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Michelangelo Hotel Sorrento
- Hotel Michelangelo Sorrento
- Michelangelo Sorrento