All reviews national holidays no coffee tea facilities easy access to the town centre mini market regina giovanna the free hotel shuttle bus night shift the local bus service family hotel pool area is lovely starters and mains enjoyed my stay hotel management rooms are basic bus stop breakfast and evening meal breakfast was included
Selected filters
Reviewed September 3, 2019

What is most important for us - the location. It's close to city center, just 7-10 min by a public bus or a hotel shuttle (for free).
The room was very clean with sea view, the personnel was very nice and helpful. Included breakfast was amazing. The swimming pool is also free and very clean and cosy.
There was a rock beach just 10-15 min walk from the hotel.
The only thing I didn't like - towels. There were old, sometimes with holes, some spots.

Reviewed August 31, 2019 via mobile

We’ve just returned from a weeks holiday in Sorrento, having stayed at the villa Igea.
We got a great reception from the staff from the start & this only continued. I found them all very friendly, helpful & organised; albeit that we came across no problems.
The rooms & shower rooms are basic, they could possibly do with some modernisation & our air con worked great but did make some banging noise after a while. Like most things, a quick turn off & on again resolved the issue. The pool area is beautiful, it was relaxing, clean & had a great selection of drinks & ice creams. Food wise, we only used the hotel for breakfast a handful of times as the choice was limited to us, so we always ate in the town.
The road into Sorrento is very dangerous & I would always recommend using the free shuttle bus provided by the hotel or the local bus, €1.60 single into town.
There is a handy restaurant next door & we enjoyed our first main meal in there.
Across the road, you can take a lengthy walk down to some ruins & the sea. The bus into Sorrento offers many eateries, walks & possibility of booking tours, however I would advise booking trips with the hotel, as we found theirs better in value & organisation.
Overall I would recommend this hotel, it’s great value overall just expect what you pay for. Thanks guys!

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2019

This is an honest review of our stay.... we had read the reviews here on trip advisor and was worried about being half board. We arrived at the hotel to a lovely welcome. The reviews about the road is very true ... extremely dangerous to cross with little ones. But once you cross wow - the views are unforgettable.

The hotel was clean and tidy and everyone was lelawbr and kind. We absolutely loved the food x good home cooked Italian food. Nice wine and nice beer. We was made to feel welcome by the three men in the restaurant and the girl who worked by the pool. The hotel offers free rides to town and back - very handy.

The purpose of our trip was a family wedding. Most stayed on town in Sorrento. Most nights we took the bus and met up with family for food or drinks in their hotel - all very nice and pleasant. At the wedding we spoke of competing back next year all together as we had loved Sorrento. I suggested we all stay here at Igea as was quiet and homely. I suggested coming for lunch. I asked twice different staff at different times if coming for a lunch would be possible- yes was both reply’s. Unfortunately they couldn’t use pool facilitys but certainly the restaurant.

Perfect ... it was arranged. My niece arrived first with her husband and three month old baby ... the reception they got was frosty by the women on the front desk... then a cousin arrived and got the same x my older children took two of the party to show them the view leaving my niece and her very young baby in the restaurant where she tried to contact me. Because of location her signal was poor and unable too x she knew me and my little ones where by the pool. She waited 30mins for me (I didn’t know she had arrived) and walked a few minutes to find us. I saw her come to Pool side waved to her to then see a women start shouting at her !!! I told u no pool - I told you no pool - extremely rude !!! Very embarrassing also x she was not going to use the pool just find me to join her for dinner .... x

We went back to restaurant- my children and others returned only to be shouted at also for using the wrong lift to the restaurant . I rang the remainder of the family due to come in the next hour for food and said they are clearly not welcome here. And at that point I felt I was not also . That incident really let it down. The women’s tone of voice - shouting - for no need what so ever - has sadly determined our final review. It upset the children and the praises I had sang for The hotel were not believed by the family. My intention was to have a lovely family lunch and possibly book for next week . Due to the women’s crazy angry actions this will not be the case. She spoke to me and my family horribly- there was no need. Shame to end it like this .

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 27, 2019

The hotel is beautiful and good facilities. However, this review is posted due to theft from multiple rooms in the hotel. Persons from our trip have had 200 euros taken from their safe. Tonight we have noticed 50 euros missing from our safe. In addition to this, we have new clothing with tags on it missing from the room. The manager has been extremely unhelpful and said 'it is not possible'. Following the other thefts from the safes, we deliberately counted our money and there is no doubt it is missing.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Suzy_1980-1
Reviewed July 31, 2019

Second stay at Hotel Villa Igea and we were not disappointed. We managed to get a room with a sea view and balcony. The room was clean, large and had an amazing view. The bathroom was clean but the shower stall was small. The free Wifi worked well in all parts of the hotel. The breakfast was adequate, being a selection of cold cuts, cheese, cereals, breads, pastries, tea/coffee and juice. The hotel offers a free shuttle bus which runs mornings and evenings (except Mondays). There is a also a Bus Stop at the front of the hotel which runs regularly into and out of Sorrento. There is a Tabacchi and bar next door, a small shop across the road. The hotel has lovely grounds, a pool and nice terraces and seating areas to enjoy. Parking is available near by, but can be busy as it also provides parking for the public and nearby beach goers. The staff were extremely helpful, friendly and courteous.

Room tip: Room with a sea view and balcony.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends