“Does what it says on the tin!”
Review of Hotel Leone

Hotel Leone
Ranked #61 of 100 Hotels in Sorrento
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for somewhere in Sorrento that is of reasonable value but without the view of the sea, then this is your place. Rooms clean albeit a little dated, good breakfast and just off the main drag, but an easy walk. Sun Terrace useful on the roof for an hour or so too. If you are staying here for a wedding, note that the hotel does not own an iron, nor does the 5*? Hotel Ambascatori, in their defense, so would like to suggest to management that the cost of €30 to purchase one, would make a lot if travelers very happy, especially as Sorrento seems to be 'Wedding Capitol' of Italy.

• Stayed: September 2013

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Pros:
-good location, a 10 min walk from the train station
-easy access to capri from the marina
-easy access to positano, amalfi and ravello via the sita buses at the train station
-the front desk employees were very friendly and helpful
-the breakfast was great with a full assortment of fruit, pastries, cheese and sliced meats
-the wifi worked well in the room
-the room was clean and comfortable. We also had a balcony
-we enjoyed having drinks on the patio of fauno bar in the main piazza. Check it out!

Cons:
-the coffee in the morning was terrible

I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Nick P
Reviewed September 30, 2013

My friend and I stayed for a week and had a lovely time in Sorrento. The hotel is run very efficiently, the rooms are basic but clean and the breakfast is good. The staff are professional but some of them were not so friendly (this did not spoil our stay). The only issue is the noise of the outside traffic but I suspect that would be true of many hotels and after a while you do not notice it.

Regarding location, its on a slight hill and was a little too far to walk with luggage from the train station for me but fine without; trips to Pomepeii etc. via train were very easy. It's a short stroll into the town but a bit of hike to the port and/or pontoon by the sea.

I recommend the wine shop across the road that sells a variety of wines for 2 Euros a litre.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Very clean and tidy, no frills, hotel. Good wi-fi. Breakfast was adequate with a fairly good range of foods in the continental style. Staff were professional and polite, however the guys at reception were very unwelcoming. They never smiled and their work seemed like a heavy chore to them.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank crirvine
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I just had to share my recent experience with this Hotel. My friend was staying here and I, along with the groom of a wedding party where staying in another hotel. We had arranged for us 3 to get ready for my best friend’s wedding day at this hotel as it was away from his bride. We simply wanted to get into our suits and prepare for the wedding at the hotel in my friends room which would have taken 1hr max. The hotel manager would not let us up and into his room as he said we was not paying to stay at his hotel. We therefore had to get ready for my friends big day in the hotels absolutely disgusting toilets in the main ground floor area.

The manager’s attitude towards us was shocking. He was so rude and un thoughtful it was actually unbelievable.

Although I did not stay here I really wanted to leave this review as it was such a sour point of our trip all thanks to one complete moron.

I spoke to the staff at my hotel (De La Ville) the next day and they could not believe what had happened. They said that had it been the other way round they would have been more than happy for my friends to get ready in my room for the wedding day.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Andy M
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for one night due to our original B&B over booking. The hotel is clean and safe - it is a little walk into the heart of Sorrento, but nothing too strenuous. The breakfast is plentlyful and the staff on the front desk were great. A perfect stay if you are looking for cheaper accomodation in Sorrento

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank deannelee13
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Clean hotel very close to the city centre, fantastic breakfast catered for all tastes with real Italian coffee. Staff was professional polite and helpful, free parking if you are driving. Good value for your money. Would stay again.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple