“Good value and a great location!”
Review of Hotel Tourist

Hotel Tourist
Ranked #80 of 100 Hotels in Sorrento
Reviewed April 11, 2014

I actually came to this hotel on a organised school trip a few years ago, and it wasn't bad at all. The location is great, right in the heart of Sorrento with shops and cafe's at your disposal! It is cheap and cheerful, with a decent bathroom and the rooms are a good size too. The breakfast was average, and dinner was okay too. We were in a big group of about 30 of us, and it was a lot of fun. A few things did go missing from people's rooms though, which was a little worrying but all in all the facilities were good. I did see a pool on the rooftop, but never actually used it as it was a little bit chilly for that. The staff were reasonably friendly and it was a good trip. Definitely recommend organising lots of historical excursions, as the hotel is a 5min walk to the station which is very useful!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Claudia_Yol

Reviewed December 19, 2013

Our room felt large (beeing at a minimal room in Rome the days before, haha?) and had a nice bathroom. The bed was quite comfy (a bit hard). Nice pool area too, but we didn't use it much 'cause it was a little too cold to sunbath or take a swim.

The breakfast was really nice, with a variety of stuff - yoghurt, fruit, bread, cookies, pies (!) and more. The local pies were great :)

The staff was nice too, althou we wished them to help us get tickets to Pompeji by bus and he forgot... But we fixed it our selves anyway so no harm done in our case.

Overall - nice! Liked the room :) And the location was rather good.

Room Tip: If you want a more quiet room, try to get a room faceing the garden/pool area instead of the room (w...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank RosaRussinet
Reviewed November 20, 2013

A very good hotel for the price, basic but good none the less.The breakfast was typical continental but ok to start the day, the wifi in the hotel wasn't that good, if I needed the internet I would walk down the street the the Irish bar. The room was cleaned every day and fresh towels left, the shower was excellent and if needed the air conditioning cooled the room down perfectly. I would stay there again without a doubt, if on a budget then this hotel is for you.

• Stayed: September 2013
4  Thank Stephen W
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights in October 2013, the welcome was nice and they were fairly friendly. The room was clean and spartan, it contained all the basic amenities you would need. On the 2nd day they upgraded us for free to a room with a balcony. This was a nice touch which they didn't need to do. The breakfast was a simple affair, bread rolls, yoghurt, fruit and pastries. the Coffee was not so good, drinkable but for Italy it was poor, no choice for cappuccino etc.

Overall the location its right in the centre of things, and not far to Piazza Tasso and the train station which is useful for Ercolano and Pompeii!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the back are quieter
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank steevo86186338
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We were on a National Holidays coach tour. We were relieved to arrive at the hotel in Sorrento as it was a long journey getting there but we were very disappointed in the quality of the meals. At breakfast there was no muesli or plain yogurt and the bread wasn't very fresh. The dinners were often overcooked and the choice was not great. Also we were not offered water with our meals or coffee/tea after dinner, for this we had to pay extra.
In all other ways the hotel was very nice, clean, good size rooms, friendly staff(mostly), central for walking to shops and the sea front. The only drawback was the traffic noise and fumes. It was unfortunate as well that there was no bar or lounge for people to sit after dinner, only the reception or pool area.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter. There is a room on the sixth floor that has access to a roof garden.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Lisa M
Reviewed October 7, 2013

When I first booked this hotel, I accidentally booked 2 rooms instead of 1. I quickly contacted them and they emailed me saying they had cancelled one of the rooms so the price would be 290 Euros for 3 nights.
My husband was unable to come with me at the last miute so I changed the booking to a single person and was quoted 201 euros.
When I came to pay my bill when I checked out, they tried to charge me 580 euros for 2 rooms, I refused and showed them the email correspondence. After about half an hour of pleading my case, they charged me 290 euros even though I had an email quoting 201 euros. I was not happy but had to go as I had to get to the airport. I left with a bitter taste in my mouth!
I am visiting Sorrento again next year and will NOT be staying at this hotel!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank KReid78
Reviewed September 30, 2013

stayed here for 10 nights, clean rooms very big, staff were friendly and very helpful, food not bad you had 3 courses so always full, they had what they called a gala night we had music and a 4 course meal very nice, we were central to everything bus stops a few min walk, train station 5 mins down the road, and 2 amazing ports one of which you could get boats to all the islands which we used quite alot , i would recommend for families and couples another good find.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple