Hotel Tourist
Grand Hotel Capodimonte(Sorrento)
$464
$432
  • Breakfast included
Grand Hotel De La Ville Sorrento(Sorrento)
$239
$446
$213
$207
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsair contrain stationbusy cornerpool areanight managerthe main squarethe ritztourist taxstar hotellight sleeperthree starcentral locationshort breakcleaned every daylemon and orange treesrooms were very cleanfew minutes walk
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights in October 2013, the welcome was nice and they were fairly friendly. The room was clean and spartan, it contained all the basic amenities you would need. On the 2nd day they upgraded us for free to a room with a balcony. This was a nice touch which they didn't need to do. The breakfast was a simple affair, bread rolls, yoghurt, fruit and pastries. the Coffee was not so good, drinkable but for Italy it was poor, no choice for cappuccino etc.

Overall the location its right in the centre of things, and not far to Piazza Tasso and the train station which is useful for Ercolano and Pompeii!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the back are quieter
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank steevo86186338
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We were on a National Holidays coach tour. We were relieved to arrive at the hotel in Sorrento as it was a long journey getting there but we were very disappointed in the quality of the meals. At breakfast there was no muesli or plain yogurt and the bread wasn't very fresh. The dinners were often overcooked and the choice was not great. Also we were not offered water with our meals or coffee/tea after dinner, for this we had to pay extra.
In all other ways the hotel was very nice, clean, good size rooms, friendly staff(mostly), central for walking to shops and the sea front. The only drawback was the traffic noise and fumes. It was unfortunate as well that there was no bar or lounge for people to sit after dinner, only the reception or pool area.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter. There is a room on the sixth floor that has access to a roof garden.
3  Thank Lisa M
Reviewed October 7, 2013

When I first booked this hotel, I accidentally booked 2 rooms instead of 1. I quickly contacted them and they emailed me saying they had cancelled one of the rooms so the price would be 290 Euros for 3 nights.
My husband was unable to come with me at the last miute so I changed the booking to a single person and was quoted 201 euros.
When I came to pay my bill when I checked out, they tried to charge me 580 euros for 2 rooms, I refused and showed them the email correspondence. After about half an hour of pleading my case, they charged me 290 euros even though I had an email quoting 201 euros. I was not happy but had to go as I had to get to the airport. I left with a bitter taste in my mouth!
I am visiting Sorrento again next year and will NOT be staying at this hotel!!

4  Thank KReid78
Reviewed September 30, 2013

stayed here for 10 nights, clean rooms very big, staff were friendly and very helpful, food not bad you had 3 courses so always full, they had what they called a gala night we had music and a 4 course meal very nice, we were central to everything bus stops a few min walk, train station 5 mins down the road, and 2 amazing ports one of which you could get boats to all the islands which we used quite alot , i would recommend for families and couples another good find.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank angie58_11
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I stayed here for 6 days in September with my mum on a tour of Italy with National Holidays. We received a warm welcome from the staff and the location is quite close to the centre of Sorrento. Rooms were comfortable (we had single rooms) and air conditioning was a blessing! The food was of good quality with plenty of choice. Those who used the hotel's outdoor pool certainly enjoyed it! My room on the 4th floor overlooked the pool, here traffic noise was quieter. Hotel Tourist is a nice place to stay when exploring all that Sorrento has to offer.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are generally quieter, and if you find your a/c has been turned off feel free to ask at reception to have it turned back on.