2,530 results
All reviews comfort room the main square piazza tasso surrounded by lemon trees pool area pastries amalfi coast train station breakfast room perfect location junior suite beautiful hotel bottle of champagne restaurant recommendations loved this hotel naples airport breakfast was excellent
Reviewed November 21, 2013

We just want to echo all the great reviews of this hotel. In the past three years, we have stayed at fifteen hotels all over Italy, most of them four star hotels. The Antiche Mura is our favorite. Great location, beautiful grounds, nice rooms, friendly staff, and the best breakfast buffet in a beautiful setting. The rooms had amenities we hadn't found in other hotels, such as a 115 volt outlet and a choice of three different showers. And we loved the beautiful tile floors in our room and in the breakfast room.
We were in Sorrento the first week of November. The weather was fine and we didn't encounter hordes of tourists.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We had such a wonderful time at Hotel Antiche Mura, located conveniently just one block from Piazza Tasso. The staff were courteous and the room was exquisite. We upgraded to a suite and were not disappointed. Lemon and and trees in the hotel garden and a spectacular view of the mountainside added to the ambiance and this amazing hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 12, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at this wonderful hotel in November. Our welcome was so warm & inviting and we were upgraded to a junior suite, which was wonderful. The breakfast that was included was stellar. Both waiters were very engaging and friendly. The food was delicious. The weather was too chilly to enjoy the pool, which looked beautiful. The gardens were also lovely. The location of this hotel was great. It was a very easy walk from the train station and also to all of the restaurants and stores. We also walked to the ferry stations (took a boat to Capri) and the bus stations (took a bus to Positano.)
Unfortunately, we had to cut our vacation short because of a family emergency and the hotel was very sympathetic to our needs. They easily could have charged us for an additional two evening but graciously, released us from the obligation. Honestly, we will definitely come back again!!
Thank you to the wonderful staff!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

I agree with the other reviews here. A really fine hotel centrally located but quiet. The breakfast was the best we had in Italy. At least there were different types of eggs along with all of the beautiful carbs.
The staff was very helpful. I felt ill with a bad sore throat and the desk had a doctor who spoke English in my room in 25 minutes. The doc prescribed antibiotics and something else and within a day I felt so much better.

I have one suggestion. We paid extra for the second level room. Basically the window was a little bigger. I don't think it was worth it.
The bigger window wasn't so big and really how much time do you spend looking out a window? I would suggest either going cheaper or going more expensive--if you want to pay for a balcony you can sit on.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NyFunnygirl
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We had booked a room at this hotel because we were not able to reserve a room at another hotel on the water. We were not disappointed and regretted we were only here for one night. Our two week trip to Italy, including Florence, Venice, Rome, and Cortona was ending in Sorrento and this was our favorite hotel. The hotel staff was very welcoming and helpful, the location was wonderful, the room was absolutely charming, and we had a beautiful view of the pool and gardens. Breakfast was delicious and one cannot beat fresh squeezed orange juice. I would like to go back to Sorrento and this would be my choice of hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends