“Do not hesitate!”

Ranked #54 of 100 Hotels in Sorrento
Melbourne, Australia
“Do not hesitate!”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

These are high quality apartments in a great location. Modern furnishings, well fitted out with everything you'll need. Supplies such as towels were plentiful which we appreciated! Everything worked! Excellent staff especially Raffaela who is warm and very professional.

Room Tip: Ask for one with a terrace.
3 Thank Sonia358

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Just returned from a trip to Italy including 3 days/nights at Rota Suites in Sorrento. The Suites are located within a 10 min. walk to everything you would need and Sorrento is a great base for excursions to the Amalfi Coast, Capri, and Pompeii/Herculaneium. We were welcomed very warmly by Daniela and she was extremely helpful and informative. She even guided us while parking our car as the driveway is a bit narrow. The suite was very clean, spacious and accommodating for a family of four. Salvatore, on overnights, was also very helpful. A very, very special thank you to Raffaella, who went out of her way to help us find a town doctor when our child came down with a severe ear infection. She also provided us with great information regarding excursions and restaurants. She was always very pleasant and patient. She is truly a gem and I would recommend Rota Suites for anyone traveling to Sorrento.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with an extended family, you may be able to book two suites that are adjoining...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank anthonytg45
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Loved these apartments . First trip to Sorrento and first time not staying at hotel/apartments with pool. However, got use of the lovely pool and boardwalk at nearby Grand Riveria Hotel only a few minutes walk away ( not sure if this only applies if you book a package deal).

Apartments were lovely: spacious, simply furnished but very well equipped. It was a pleasure to come back to the lovely air conditioned apartment after a long day sightseeing or lazing by the pool in the heat! The only slight negative is the lack of view...but to be honest the apartment was so nice that the lack of view wasn't really a problem. Centrally positioned with lots of shops, cafes and restaurants nearby.

The staff were very helpful and friendly and created a lovely atmosphere. Rooms were cleaned weekly and guests were warned in advance of what day and time this would happen with the option to change this if unsuitable.

The free wi-fi was a great bonus especially for the kids who had to keep in touch with friends back home!

All in all the Rota Suites helped create a lovely relaxing holiday and if holidaying in Sorrento again (hopefully soon!) I would not hestitate to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Denise G
Mermaid Beach, Australia
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I would like to start by saying that my wife and I were extremely pleased with our total experience at Rota Suites. From the moment we arrived we were greeted by the smiling, cheerful face of Raffaella and the pleasant atmosphere of the hotel. We did our introductions,
My wife is Italian which made the experience even better when the staff found out about their Italo Australian guests. They were all extremely accomodating.
The venue itself was awesome. The room was very clean, modern, very large and conveniently located. We originally booked for 4 nights but chose to stay an extra night because it was so lovely.
We made Sorrento our base which made day trips to Positano and Capri easy to organise.
It was our first trip to Sorrento and the mid point of our 4 week trip throughout the EU. In my opinion, our overall experince at Rota was by far the best we came across in terms of service and presentation.
Thumbs up times 10.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michael J
Glasgow
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We were delighted with the Rota Suites. It was our first visit to Sorrento and we did not want to be bound by hotel mealtimes and be able to eat out in some of the local restaurants.

Our suite could not have been better - there was a spacious living area with cooking cupboard - Microwave oven/grill, two small electric rings, sink and drainer. There was also a TV in the living area, a large dining table and sofa.

The bedroom area was also spacious, with its own TV. The large bathroom was equipped with a bath/shower, bidet and large, very stylish, wash hand basin with flat areas on either side, meaning that toiletries etc had somewhere to sit. Good quality shampoo etc were also supplied on arrival.

The suite was cleaned and linen changed midway through our stay.

We found all the staff to be excellent and extremely helpful.

Although we overlooked the car park to the side of the building, there were still lovely views over the hills and it was nice and quiet.

The weather was extremely warm while we were there and the air conditioning was a welcome bonus! We also had free WiFi and use of the Pool and Beach at the Riviera hotel, 5 minutes walk away.

Rota suites are ideally situated for exploring Sorrento. There are a couple of supermarkets a few minutes away and no shortage of cafés and restaurants within easy reach.

I suspect that we will return to Sorrento and that Rota Suites will be our first choice for accommodation.

2 Thank dadioGlasgow
Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I came to Sorrento for the first time two weeks ago and had the opportunity to stay at the Rota Suites from 15 of Jun to 22 ed of Jun. I was with by my wife and three small children's. Knowing nothing about the accommodations in Sorrento , I checked the web and the review on Tripadvisor . I needed an apartment sort acommendations. Most of the opinion was positive on Rota Suites and its manager "Raffaella" . I made the booking with Booking.com but really was not sure about the quality of the apartment. From the moment I arrived to the moment I departed the front desk was fabulous led by an a supper manager "Raffaella" . The apartment was excellent and ready with two baby , we had two connected one bedroom apartments. The location is quite and at the same time is walking distant from the center.

The story do not end here. I departed Sorrento to Capri then to Geneva. When I landed in Geneva , I discovered my credit cards wallet is missing which contain two important IDS.
I was so sadden by this and started search by sending E-mails to all hotels and apartments that I stayed in. Then I found an E-mail from guess who "Raffaella" telling me she found the wallet and she had it in here safe . I was so happy and she took all the efforts to send it to me with a secure carriers. She kept the contact with me and forward here Mobile also .

I thought I share this opinion to those who will come to Sorrento . Do not waste your time in finding a place. I know now my address for my next trip to Sorrento

Room Tip: Book early. The suites reserve quickly specilly in weekends
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Worcester
Reviewed June 26, 2013

All of the staff from cleaning through to reception staff are very friendly and make you feel at home. What makes the difference are people and you have some of the best I have encountered and I travel worldwide on business and for leisure.

The apartments are very clean and the location is great with easy walks to the centre and local bars and restaurants.

1 Thank BritishIrishLions