“Family Travel”

Ranked #55 of 100 Hotels in Sorrento
Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
“Family Travel”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I came to Sorrento for the first time two weeks ago and had the opportunity to stay at the Rota Suites from 15 of Jun to 22 ed of Jun. I was with by my wife and three small children's. Knowing nothing about the accommodations in Sorrento , I checked the web and the review on Tripadvisor . I needed an apartment sort acommendations. Most of the opinion was positive on Rota Suites and its manager "Raffaella" . I made the booking with Booking.com but really was not sure about the quality of the apartment. From the moment I arrived to the moment I departed the front desk was fabulous led by an a supper manager "Raffaella" . The apartment was excellent and ready with two baby , we had two connected one bedroom apartments. The location is quite and at the same time is walking distant from the center.

The story do not end here. I departed Sorrento to Capri then to Geneva. When I landed in Geneva , I discovered my credit cards wallet is missing which contain two important IDS.
I was so sadden by this and started search by sending E-mails to all hotels and apartments that I stayed in. Then I found an E-mail from guess who "Raffaella" telling me she found the wallet and she had it in here safe . I was so happy and she took all the efforts to send it to me with a secure carriers. She kept the contact with me and forward here Mobile also .

I thought I share this opinion to those who will come to Sorrento . Do not waste your time in finding a place. I know now my address for my next trip to Sorrento

Room Tip: Book early. The suites reserve quickly specilly in weekends
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Worcester
Reviewed June 26, 2013

All of the staff from cleaning through to reception staff are very friendly and make you feel at home. What makes the difference are people and you have some of the best I have encountered and I travel worldwide on business and for leisure.

The apartments are very clean and the location is great with easy walks to the centre and local bars and restaurants.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BritishIrishLions
Reviewed June 24, 2013

As this was our 5th time in Sorrento, we decided to try these apartments, and were glad we did. From the moment of check in (the staff were very friendly and helpful) we knew we had made the right decision. Our apartment (number 12) was at the rear of the property and its 2 balconies overlooked a private garden. There was no noise once the doors were closed and at night we kept the shutters down but the windows open and were not disturbed. Plenty of room in the apartment and on more than one occasion the friends that we travelled with (who stayed in apartment 16) joined us for meals in ours and there was plenty of space. A small kitchen (no oven) meant we could cater for breakfast and lunches each day. Great to be able to use the facilities of the Hotel Riviera just 5 minutes walk away. At the pool you could only use a deckchair, with an umbrella and a towel, whilst at the beach lido no such restrictions seemed to be in place, although it may help that most days we bought drinks or something to eat at the beach lido. A short walk into the centre of Sorrento (less than 10 minutes) and a good supermarket 5 minutes up the road, and a convenient small bar right dext door for drinks and snacks.

Room Tip: Room 12 has 2 balconies and overlooks the small garden at the rear of the building. Room 16 has 1 ba...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Thesnowdonfamily
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Just back from a week staying at the Rota Suites, which I booked through Citalia.

The apartments are excellent, clean, modern and spacious. There is a lounge/dining area with a sofa bed, plus a clever kitchenette that is hidden behind cupboard doors when not in use. Large bedroom with large (super kingsize?) bed and lovely modern bathroom. Lots of wardrobe and draw space in a dressing area between the bedroom and bathroom. Good air con, plus balconies from the bedroom and living area.

Its great to have use of the pool and sea bathing platform at the Grand Hotel Riviera just down the road. You have to pay to hire a sun bed (EUR 6 a day) but if you're only there for a short time you can use the deck chairs for free and beach towels are provided. There is a bar down a the bathing platform where you can get drinks and snacks, which saves the long lift journey back up to the hotel.

The apartments are in a good location, about 10 minutes walk from Piazza Tasso, in the centre of Sorrento. There is a large supermarket on the main street, but there are also lots of small shops including bakers, butchers, fishmongers on the street itself, plus a cafe bar in the ground floor of the building.

Top tips - there is a hairdryer provided but its the wall mounted type with a tube supplying very gentle warm air usually found in your local swimming baths, so definitely take a hair dryer if this is important to you!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
east kilbride
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Stayed there for our 25th wedding anniversary
staff were fantastic
accommodation is easy walk to the center of town less than 5 minutes
a small family bar outside the front entrance no noise even though directly above
use of hotel swimming pool 5 minutes walk
there is no restaurant on site but you have your own kitchen supermarket 4 minutes away
you can also use the hotel that is part of the group 5+ staff and food

staff went above and beyond
for those that like the quality of a hotel but your own space
would i stay here again very much yes

Room Tip: ask for a sea view
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bio1963
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 10, 2013

The apartments are large, modern and very clean with a welcoming reception area and friendly staff.
We had booked a two bedroomed apartment which was situated at the side of the building therefore not really offering anything in the way of a view. The air conditioning worked well which was great as the weather was exceptionally hot during our visit. The kitchen facilities were basic but adequate.
The apartments are managed by the same company that runs the Grand Hotel Riviera. This hotel is about a five minutes’ walk from the Rota Suites. For a price you are allowed to use the facilities of the sister hotel. We were charged approx 10 euros/ person / day for the use of the hotel swimming pool and sea bathing platform. Which we felt was very expensive, but when you have children then it really is a necessity.
The annoying thing was that after we had arranged our travel and accommodation the Rota Suite website then started advertising that pool access was included in the rates. When I contacted them prior to arrival regarding this they said it was only for bookings after a certain date. So be careful when booking these apartments. Wi-Fi access also costs extra.
The small bar (The Cosmopolitan?) beside the main entrance to the suites does basic food and nice cold drinks and is reasonably inexpensive by Sorrento standards.
These apartments are well positioned within a 10 minute stroll of Sorrento’s main square and “old town” area. Walking along the main road can be a bit busy during the day but in the evening the traffic is re-routed and the main street becomes a pedestrianized area.
All in I would recommend these suites as a good quality alternative to a hotel. Do try to get a deal where pool access at the sister hotel is included in the price. At 40 Euro per day it’s a lot of money to pay for an hours visit to the pool after a hot days sightseeing.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank bigbri1964
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Lovely apartments, very central location and most importantly really friendly reception staff. Raffaella, the Manager, is very helpful and made our holiday a great one.
We have been there several times and we will certainly book it again in the future.
If you want a quiet apartment the ones at the back of the building are the ones for you.
Very close to supermarkets and a few minutes away from the sea front.
Mr Coretta