Hotel il Faro
Grand Hotel Capodimonte(Sorrento)
$464
$432
  • Breakfast included
Grand Hotel De La Ville Sorrento(Sorrento)
$240
$343
$213
$207
  • Breakfast included
Hotel del Mare(Sorrento)(Great Value!)
$204
Agoda.com
Grand Hotel Ambasciatori(Sorrento)
$911
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsrestaurant attached to the hotelthe cliffferry portthe hotel staffbreakfast stafffifth floortown centrebudget hotelthe busevening mealyogurtpiazza tassosun terracemac and cheesesmall balconygelatomount vesuvius
Reviewed April 11, 2010

We got there with my group of 25 and the owner and his family was there to welcome us! they have internet wifi in the lobby, a little tiny bar and a restaurant just in fronf of the harbour of Sorrento, a dream if you are going to Capri early in the morning! You have to climb the stair to reach the main square, Piazza Tasso, but you can also get a bus for 1 euro or so. I suggest this hotel as the owners are sooo kind! It is very easy going, not expensive but in a terrific position!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 1, 2010

Il Faro is a small hotel down by the small ferry terminal. It is clean, if a little dated. When we travelled in February, the restaurant was closed as it was out of season. The town is easily reached by frequent bus from across the road, or by 3 flights of steps. Better to walk down than up! Buses stop around 8pm, so you will need to either walk down or get a taxi in the evening. The ferry port is relatively quiet, only operating craft to Naples and Capri. If you are looking for a relatively cheap hotel in Sorrento, then consider this one.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 6, 2009

I stayed at Hotel Ill Faro in Sorrento, Italy in August this year (2009). The Hotel was the worst we have ever stayed at, and made our overnight experiences in Sorrento unpleasant. Here is why:
- We had lunch at the hotel's outside restaurant. There was a big old dog that wondered around near the tables and kept shaking and scratching its self near where we were having lunch. Staff did not seam to care.
- Room was BASIC. No fridge, the air conditioning did not work, even though the hotel is supposed to have it, same again for the internet – it did not work when they were supposed to have it.
- On the first night my sister found blood on her bed sheets. We asked for new sheets and had to make up the bed ourselves. The second lot of sheets also had blood stains on the sheets. A manager came up to our room with another set of clean sheets to change our bed. We went through 5 sets of sheets until we found a clean one. The were all old, had holes in them, and had black and red stains. Very uncomfortable.
- At breakfast the bowels and cutlery were not very clean
- We were charged and extra $120 euro for another bed (we think it is because we complained). I think they ripped us off.
I wouldn't recommend staying here at all!!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
5  Thank redstar111
Reviewed August 23, 2009

In planning our Italy trip, Sorrento unfortunately got reduced in our schedule to that of a jump off point down the Amalfi Coast...and in such a situation, this hotel will work for that purpose since it's situated right next to the boat docks.

That's about where it ends. If you come down there, be prepared with extra money for that night, along with your money for the following day. There are no ATM machines in the pier section of Sorrento, which is at the base of a cliff and far, far away from the main part of town. There's a couple bars and restaurants on the wharf there, but the action is in the heart of Sorrento.

You'll need to take a cab or shuttle to get to Sorrento to really see the town, otherwise you'll negotiate a very scary, perilous flight of stairs...if you're afraid of heights, forget it. The shuttle's your best deal, much cheaper than the cab.

Upon our arrival, the gentleman at check-in who greeted us was very friendly and took note of the fact that we were on our honeymoon...it was the only occasion of the trip where someone was kind enough to take note of that. The bell staff was also friendly, and in one case a fella helped me find a bottle opener for wine I had purchased the following day on Mt. Vesuvius.

I'd consider giving the service here 5 stars if it wasn't for the crazy old lady we ran into coming back from a local pizzeria near the wharf...and I've read about her on other recent reviews, so I know she's still there. When we came back, we had some leftover pizza in a box...and she started yelling at us, saying what sounded like "Niece! Neice! Neice!" repeating that over and over again. I had no idea what her trip was, but a bystander explained to me that she was saying "MICE" in Italian, and was probably concerned with the pizza box attracting mice in our room.

Uh, sure...whatever. Have we not called Terminix lately, or what's happening here? We continued onward with our pizza...and never had mice issues. The room we stayed in was adequate with a view of the harbor...and that night, there was a concert on the pier, so we were able to listen in...it was really cool!

At the end of the day, I can't recommend this hotel to a friend because I think it's pointed to a niche client...and will only work for 1 night, AND if you're heading out via boat the following day. Otherwise, don't bother...stay closer to the heart of town if you're in Sorrento to check out the night life and culture.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JediSushiChef
Reviewed July 18, 2009

Well me and my school of around 40 people stayed in this hotel for 3 nights before heading to Rome. We were greeted and made very welcome. We got help with all our bags and were issued our rooms. Most of the rooms we were given had balconeys which overlook a bueatiful bay. The rooms were clean and cleaned everyday. Our room was very big. It had 4 single beds yet there was more space for another one. We had 2 armchairs and 3 desks, everyone had a bedstand. Big wardrobe. The en suite bathroom was big aswell, the shower worked and it easy to use not alot of things to turn. The food there was great. The breakfast was simple but tasty. The dinner is a really italian feast. We were given a starter which is a plate of paster, a main which is either a meat or fish dish. There was also a vege option and also a dessert.

During the night there is no noise but the area around, up a walk there is a great nightlife. Everyone is nice and plesent, no trouble what so ever. I really enjoyed my stay and would give the hotle more then 3 stars. I recommend it to everyone!!!! I went into friends rooms and they had great rooms to so it wasnt just me!

I definitaly want to go again when i'm older because Sorrento is a fabulous town with great shops and boutiques and cheap things that cost loads in London. :D

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple