“A wonderful stay in hotel Capri”
Review of Hotel Capri

Hotel Capri
Ranked #49 of 100 Hotels in Sorrento
Norway
“A wonderful stay in hotel Capri”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I experienced wonderful days in Hotel Capri this September.
Staying for 9 days made me feel at home in the hotel and in beautiful Sorrento. I liked to be able to take a swim in the pool every afternoon after having spent
days in Sorrento or in Positano, Capri, Ischia etc. The breakfast was excellent, and the room facilities super. I had only one problem - with the WI-if - don't know why, because it seemed to work in other parts of the hotel - anyway I got connection enough to send some words home every day !!!
I will be glad to recommend the hotel to all my friends, and hope that more Norwegians will start exploring the southern part of Italy - a beautiful place !!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
7 Thank OlavNorway

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
Torquay, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The large steps up to the entrance were off-putting when carrying a large case, but once inside we were pleased we had chosen this hotel. The staff in reception were extremely friendly and helpful in organising trips out, and the room was spacious and well sound-proofed. Even the bells of the church outside the window were unobtrusive. The location was very convenient for the rail station and the centre of town. We were not on a package deal, so were not offered the menu for the evening meals, but the breakfast was more than adequate for a "continental" breakfast. The one complaint would be the coffee, which was weak to say the least, and when brought by the waiters was almost always in the saucer as well as the cup. We did not use the pool as the opening hours were not very convenient, but it did look very small. The area around the poll was, however, thoroughly cleaned every morning during the breakfast period. We would definitely consider using this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Graham1942
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I stayed at this 4 star ( ? ) hotel with my three daughters at the end of August. Yet again I found that a supposed 4 star Italian hotel was really only a 3 star hotel. The coffee in the morning looked great, Dark and thick. How could it taste of absolutely nothing!!
The food was very poor, often inedible. Even my teenage starving daughters couldn't eat the meals which were over salted. The pork cooked in milk was the worst food experience I've had for some time. The whole slice of meat tasted like fat.UG!!!
This particular meal was served on their gala night. A night when we were hauled from the bar by one of the waiters as we were enjoying a relaxing drink, and working up to the next culinary onslaught. How dare we be in the bar at 19.40hrs when we were informed that the gala night began at 19.30hrs.
I felt very sorry for the young girl practising her sight reading at the piano. Ok she wasn't good, but with no light to enable her to read the music and a desperately out-of-tune piano she had a distinct disadvantage!!
One night a 2 inch slice of over- cooked unidentifiable tasteless white fish was served in its baco foil wrap. The chef seemed to have tried to make this food parcel into an animal shape, or was it a christmas cracker? Anyway, unfortunately the only joke we found inside was the fish itself.Double UG UG
The staff refused to give us a jug of water,( tap water ), with our meals. We were forced to buy it for an exhorbitant price.
The receptionists were unfriendly. One in particular needs to attend a charm school,( not the Harry Potter type) or maybe just change job.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone who likes a hard bed, wants to lose weight and doesn't drink coffee. I have become adept at spreading food around my plate. And no, I do not have an eating disorder.

Room Tip: Dont go to this hotel. I've been advised Thompson Holidays are taking this place over. Maybe you...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank RubyDublin_12
teresa l, Responsabile reception at Hotel Capri, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
I' sorry for your comment...I hope keen to get back as our guest and make you think again about our organization.
brighton
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Fantastic hotel very well looked after, great room overlooking the swimming pool,the staff were funny and friendly especialy our waiters, and Tony seemed to do everthing!! we had a wonderfull week for six of us, i can highly recomend this hotel it is in the middle of Sorrento although no noise at night,I would readily go back there for a month.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back overlooking the pool are the best as they have a balcony,and are very quiet.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank mercman1
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed September 19, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Capri for 5 nights and there is nothing we would fault. The location is central to everything and the hotel room was beautifully kept. We loved the balcony that overlooked the crystal clear pool and the spacious room with a state of the art bathroom was great. We were treated to a delicious daily breakfast which had everything you want in a breakfast. We will definitely go back to Sorrento and back to Hotel Carpi - Loved it.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank conlu
Taunton, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Forget the rest this is a true evaluation of this Hotel from someone who has stayed at some of the best hotels in the world. Having seen the previous negative revues, myself, my wife, her two sisters and their husbands were a little dubious about staying there.
However on arrival at the hotel we were pleasantly surprised at the clean, fresh and classy décor. The receptionist was sweet and welcoming as we checked in. with our room being small but cozy and with a balcony overlooking the pool. The shower had a little mould around the sealer, but apart from that the room was spotless and comfortable.
We had half board and the food was a little basic and repetitive at dinner, but great value for money. The waiters as with all of the staff were smartly dressed and polite. Both the head waiter and his assistant were brilliant characters as long as you have a sense of humour. Don’t get me wrong they were great at their job, but were also entertaining in a way that only the Italians can be without knowing it, we thought that they were brilliant.
Breakfast was a, buffet mixture of meats, breads, cereals, fruit, fruit juices and pastries etc., with as much tea and coffee as you wish.
We drank lots of wine, brandy and other drinks before, during and after dinner whilst there and think that the pricing is very fair. The pool was small but great, the first time I have bothered swimming for 5 years.
Overall the staff were kind, generous and helpful and we really enjoyed our week in this small friendly hotel, really close to the town centre. Stay there and see for yourself, we heard no complaints and will be back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank dizzey
Cork
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Having booked a package holiday with Sunway we opted to stay in the Capri Hotel ,the only option was half board.Being busy people we were looking forward to a relaxing break.......big mistake ,,our room was 119 straight across the road from the catholic church {first bells start ringing at seven }even at that we could have got up and gone to church because we were still awake after the street cleaners finished cleaning the roads at 4.30am!!!! When we asked on saveral occasions to change rooms we were told no and when they saw we were not happy they deciced to ignore us completely.The food for the evening was very poor so we had to eat out most nights and there was no residents bar to be had. This is in no way a four star hotel by any stretch of the imagination.Even though they were happy to charge 4star prices.Very central but only suitable for heavy sleepers on a weekend break.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank eileenanastasia
teresa l, Responsabile reception at Hotel Capri, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
thanks for the comment but I need to say a few things. it is not true that the lady had dinner every night, in fact its extras were many. was not the food but did not like the lady was everything and nothing. the room was not changed because we had no other rooms and also had her favorite book instead of a standard pay more and have a superior, but after can not complain and blame the hotel. Finally the day of departure was the remote control from the room and after telling her she said that I had some problems but when the remote is out of his suitcase I told her which of us had problems? we accept any comment as long as it is valid and correct, but when they are not real or it becomes difficult to accept constructive. however, thank the lady and I hope it can be our guest dinuovo maybe lascinado the remote in its place