“The most amazing Wedding Reception Venue”
Review of Palazzo Marziale

Palazzo Marziale
Ranked #2 of 100 Hotels in Sorrento
Reviewed July 14, 2009

My Daughter and my new Son-in-Law married at Cloisters in June 2009.
The Palazzo Marziale is just over the road from the Coisters and I have to say what a fantastic choice for a wedding reception.

The venue is stunning and the food was amazing to say the least. We were a party of 35 and we had sole use of the venue.

All of our guests commented on the magical location !!!!

I would like to thank Paola & her staff for their part in making my Daughters dream come true.

If you are looking for a stunning venue then look no further !!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank ChrisMaidstone
There are newer reviews for Palazzo Marziale

Reviewed June 7, 2009

We got married at the Cloisters and decided to have our wedding reception at the Palazzo Marziale after a reccommendation from our wedding advisor.
We were nervous before going there as despite seeing some lovely pictures your never quite sure what you've booked but when we got there we were VERY impressed! The venue it's self is beautiful, from the minute you walk through the doors there is a magnificent entrance and we were then taken through to the terrace and restaurant which were both stunning.
We meet with Paola who was really helpful as we had several dietary requirments that needed met and nothing was too much trouble!!! They put all our wedding favours out and place names etc...
The day itself was amazing, the standard of food was outstanding!!!! The tables looked beautiful the waiting staff were very professional yet friendly and they were very flexible allowing us breaks between courses!
All our guests commented on what a stunning location we'd choosen, even the trips to the toilets got rave reviews as there are views of the ruins under certain parts of the floor.
It was without doubt the perfect venue for our wedding reception and we are so pleased that we choose it. We would recommend this to any couple getting married - PERFECT!!!!

• Stayed: June 2009
1  Thank ClaraY
Reviewed January 4, 2009

very pleasant well located hotel
with pound on parity with the euro: not cheap!

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ericleroi7
Reviewed October 14, 2008

I cannot express in words how beautiful this place really is. We got married at the Cloisters of San Francesco in Sorrento on the 8th September 2008 & had our wedding reception at the Palazzo Marziale.

When you walk in, the entrance hall is just breathtaking, the whole building is stunning, it truly is magical. We had an amazing selection of delicious canapes & a non-stop flow of champagne served by white gloved waiters on the gorgeous terrace garden. The service was exceptional, the waiters could not do enough for you & were dressed impeccably.

After a leisurely couple of hours we proceeded downstairs to the beautiful dining room. It was like something from a dream, the tables & chairs were decorated so beautifully, everything was so authentic & stylish in a way I can only describe as 'effortless'. We felt like we were in a fairytale in this palacial heaven!

The food was the best I have ever tasted, we had a four course meal after the canapes & also a wedding cake (made by Paola the owner). Everything was so delicious & perfect..... I didn't want the day to ever end!

Paola & her staff are absolutely fantastic, nothing is too much trouble & they all made our day so, so special. We have the most beautiful memories.....all our guests were so amazed at how we had found such an amazing place. The Palazzo Marziale is just a beautiful magical place with wonderful staff....

We cannot thank them all enough!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jamesclairePreston
Reviewed October 7, 2008

The location of the B&B is nice. The place looks good and we had a nice room. It is a nice place up to the moment that you need the hostess to arrange something for you. In our case the jacuzzi broke down and we were very dissapointed because that was the reason we booked such an expensive room. The hostess responded very aggressive when we told her about the malfunction. She told us things like that happen. She wasn't willing to do anything about it and suggested we should find an other place with a working jacuzzi. So we did! I've never had such a bad experience with a hostess/owner before. She is even one of the most aggressive persons I've ever met.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
7  Thank RoseHolland
PaolaSavarerese, Proprietario at Palazzo Marziale, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2013

Dear Rose Holland,
i remember very well all of my guests becouse, even you maby don't think so, i care very much about them and of course i remember you.
It is true that in that occasion the Jacuzzi was not working but i just realized when you told me becouse it was going great since a couple of days before. Unfortunately things like this can happen and i explained you that the Jacuzzi assistance service (located in Naples not in Sorrento) wouldn't come before at least two days the call; you only had two days holiday and could not accept to stay without a Jacuzzi, so decided to move somewhere else.
I can understand you were disappointed but sometimes a litte bit of comprehension would make things work better: i surely didn't want you to leave but sometime things just happen.
Kind regards,
Paola Savarese

Reviewed October 1, 2008

My husband and I celebrated our gorgeous wedding at Paola's palazzo. We came in march to have a look around and fell in love with the romance of the settings and the gracious hospitality of paola. We set our wedding for the 28th of august and left the arrangements of the ceremony and reception up to Paola. She booked our ceremony at the stunning cloisters over the road from the palazzo and with the beautiful gardens and views of the sea below. Her colleague Jane, originally from the UK, organized all our paperwork for us so the stress of planning a wedding abroad was removed.

Planning was easy via email and phone as we chose our menus from the delicious selections Paola sent us and I sent her a photo of the boquet and buttonholes I wanted. Nothing was too much trouble.

When we arrived on the week of the wedding we decided to stay in the White room which is the largest suite and with views of the cloisters. This was great for the day of the wedding as I could catch sneaky glimpses of my groom and guests arriving!

Paola had gotten up at 4 in the morning the day before to fetch me some flowers for the bridesmaids from the flower Market (I only decided what I wanted when I arrived). She then insisted that they were a gift and would not allow me to pay for them.

The interpreter at our wedding was jane so it was nice that we had talked through everything with her beforehand and it eased the stress of the big day. The weather was stunning and after the photos we walked over to the palazzo for a stunning champagne reception where the champagne and canapes kept flowing. Our dinner was a 4 course treat that everyone loved and the waiters could not have been more attentive or professional.

As we only had 40 guests we were able to dine on the terrace before going downstairs for dancing.

All in all we had a fantastic time and our guests can't stop talking about how wonderful everything was. They even want us to organize a reunion next year so we can spend some more time in sunny Sorrento! Thanks so much to Poala for making a week to remember

Stayed: August 2008
1  Thank Palmerholidays
Reviewed August 6, 2008

Date: July 09-13 at Palazzo Marziale in Sorrento, Italy.

We just got back from our Europe trip. We spend total about 2 weeks in Italy traveling from Rome, Tuscany and Amalfi Coast.

Palazzo Marziale has only 5 rooms. First two nights we stay at the white room the biggest from all, then we move to the red room. The owner Ms Paula is very friendly, she speaks English very well and take care very well of the property. The rooms are clean and very big with beautiful furnitures. Breakfast from 8.00-10.00 is great and plenty.

There is a computer that we can use for free at the lobby for 24 hours. We always check our emails at midnight.

This hotel has a great location, its in midtown of Sorrento, you can go anywhere in the city within walking distance max 10-15 min. 5 min to Piazza Tasso. Its close to restaurants, cafes, beach, city park, and the ferry going to Capri Island. We park our car at the park house not far from the Hotel, cost EU 20 per day. At the end of our stay, I have arrange a family dinner of 36 people at that Place. Paula has arrange the party very well including the flower arrangement, food and entertainment. Everything has exceeded my expectation.
Overall I would say that we are very happy staying at this hotel.

Thank you Paula, I wish you good luck with your little Palazzo. We will stay at your place again some day in the future,

Grace & Joe Ong
USA

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank ong2000