I had waited 18 years to stay at this hotel, having seen it on a previous trip to the beautiful place, that is Sorrento. It was worth every bit of waiting time, and entering the lift up to reception, when the doors opened, it certainly had the WOW factor.We payed a crazy amount of money for a sea-view room, with a very small balcony, but sitting up there on an evening looking at the view across the Bay of Naples to Vesuvius, I wouldn't have swapped it for anything.
The hotel is in a prime position, built into the corner of some cliffs, about a 15 minute stroll n an evening to Piazza Tasso - the main square in Sorrento. The decor is very Italian, and beautiful, and the service and the food is second to none. I have recommended this hotel to many people, and everyone has loved it. Well done Cappodimonte.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A prestigious 4 Star Superior Rating Hotel built on the lines of the typical Mediterranean architecture, positioned on the rocky mountain dominating the town of Sorrento and the enchanting Gulf of Naples. A striking and imposing hall, wonderfully designed into the rock cavern ambience, is connected with the fifth floor of the Hotel, thanks to two fast elevators. Guests will be welcomed by a selected and highly professional staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, TravelUp, Cancelon, Agoda, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Hotel.de and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grand Hotel Capodimonte reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Sorrento
- Sorrento Capodimonte
- Hotel Capodimonte Sorrento
- Capodimonte Hotel Sorrento
- Grand Hotel Capodimonte Sorrento