Hotel Mignon
$779
$736
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Art Hotel Gran Paradiso(Sorrento)(Great Value!)
$428
$402
Orbitz.com
Grand Hotel De La Ville Sorrento(Sorrento)
$289
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsthe main streettrain stationno elevatorfresh fruitquiet streetamalfi coastgarden restaurantfloor tilescentral locationthe breakfast areastay there againsmall hotelthree nightsnice breakfastexcellent locationloved this hotelshort walk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Found this hotel through Rick Steve's' guidebook. Great value for this hotel. In an alley off the Main Street in Sorrento, so very convenient to everything. Loved the nice big bathroom and shower! Only negative about the room was we had quite a few ants in our room. Friendly staff and great (free) breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the alley -can get a little noisy at night.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Katie K
HMignon, Direttore at Hotel Mignon, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Thank you for your beautiful and very kind review!
We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that make it a memorable holydays!

Thank you again for taking the time to review The Hotel Mignon on TripAdvisor.

We really hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back at the Hotel Mignon soon a near future!

Reviewed July 5, 2014

I stayed at Hotel Mignon for three nights last month on my first trip to Sorrento. I don't know why it's billed as a 2-star hotel: it was far more than that to me. It is spotless, nicely designed and decorated, and welcoming. The handpainted blue-and-white tiles in the entrance carry through to the small foyer space and the first floor rooms, and they made our room (room 3) feel fresh and clean. I've just scrolled through the photos of the hotel in Tripadvisor and feel they don't do it justice, at least from my experience.

Our room had a small balcony and fronted onto the alleyway that is used as a thoroughfare to the main street of Sorrento. It got full sunlight but there was an electronic blind to shut out the light, which was great. Room 3 doesn't have as good a view as the rooms upstairs however: a tip for those who like to look at something other than a concrete wall. Another downside of our room is that it was close to the breakfast area so were were awakened on the first morning by early breakfast-goers (I mean who has breakfast at 7am on holiday??!!). The hotel graciously offered us a room upstairs but I opted to stay on the 1st floor as I loved the room (the tiles!) and also our bathroom with its spacious shower that felt a bit hammam-like. I would have loved some nicer toiletries but I know that that always ratchets the price up so it wasn't a big deal. I also would have loved a mini fridge in the room (we love buying local produce rather than always eating out) but again I can see why there isn't one.

The breakfast is plentiful (breads/pastries/fruit/cold cuts/cheese; nothing hot) and we ate in the grassy courtyard beneath a lemon tree adjacent to a lemon grove. It appears to be a family-run hotel and the family members were always present: very smiling, happy, friendly and endlessly helpful with my many queries. There is no restaurant, but there are numerous restaurants nearby.

I absolutely loved Mignon and hope to visit Sorrento again and stay there.

Room Tip: The first floor gets noise from the breakfast room but front rooms have balconies. Upper rooms are a little less spacious, and a bit more traditional in design, but the room I looked at had a lovely aspect across rooftops.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 21, 2014

This was a great hotel. Clean and well located at a reasonable price. Good breakfast. Only two drawbacks as far as I could tell: 1) No elevator - this wasn't a problem for us at all. In some ways, if stairs/walking are difficult for you, Italy might not be the best place to travel. 2) Noise from the bar down the street. This was only apparent in our room on one night but for some in our group (we had 8 rooms in total) it was more bothersome. Perhaps if you are a very light sleeper, Friday and Saturday nights might be a problem. To offset this, the management and staff were absolutely terrific.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 18, 2014

Our stay at Hotel Mignon was one of the highlights of our trip to Italy.

Located in a quiet side street just off the main strip of Sorrento, the hotel is an easy walk to everything you want to visit in town, whether it’s the beach, restaurants or shops.

Our room was a good size with a firm and comfortable bed, and very quiet despite the central location – the double windows and shutters keep out any stray noise and light and make for a very good night's sleep. (The only downside was our room’s proximity to the breakfast area meant we were woken at 7am by some rather loud and less-than-considerate fellow guests, but I can’t fault the hotel for that.) Special mention goes to the great shower in our bathroom – having a bench to rest on was a bonus after walking around town all day.

The included breakfast was a generous spread of pastries, fruits and meats. Try to grab a table in the gorgeous garden, where you can have your morning espresso sitting under the lemon tree. Speaking of outdoor spaces, there's also a large roof terrace with great views across town.

But the thing that really made our stay there special was the staff, who were absolutely fantastic. Whether it was making bookings for us, offering advice on where to eat or what to see, or even just offering to keep our wine in the fridge, there was nothing they wouldn't do for us, and all of it with a huge smile.

If I’m ever lucky enough to find myself in Sorrento again, I’d stay at the Hotel Mignon in a minute – I can’t recommend it enough.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
HMignon, Direttore at Hotel Mignon, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Thank you for your beautiful word on my staff,and on our service.
We look forward to the opportunity to host you again soon!

Best Regards,

Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

Loved the blue decor. Great breakfast. Friendly, helpful staff. Quiet street but close to shops. Nice common areas and courtyard with a lemon tree. Let us keep our wine and limoncello in their refrigerator.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Ellen D

Thank you for your wonderful comments about your recent stay with us. We look forward to the opportunity to host you again soon!

Best Regards,