Just returned from a stay at the Conca Park in Sorrento and i must say I was impressed by the hotel.
The food was excellent, (al acarte) and the rooms spotless.
Reading some of the reports before we went made me apprehensive, especially about the tunnel walk up but there is a golf buggy to take you up or down if you are less than able. The plus side is that it is on the doorstep of the town.
The cliff facing rooms are nice and quiet, where the seaview ones could be noisy from the courtyard.
One word of caution, beware the charge on the sun beds around the pool, 5 euros a day, which is a bit naughty from a 4* hotel.
The resort was lovely with loads of shops, bars and resturaunts.
Best beer at the English bar or mannequin pis bar. Nise sea views from the Foreigners club bar.
As our holiday included the cost of trips we did Capri, Pompeii and Vesuvio, a trip down the Amalfi coast and a trip to Naples.
AVIOD the trip to Naples, a city in my view, of thieves and rogues just waiting to fleece the unwary.
I would recommend the Conca though, a little more in price but worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just five minutes' walk from the historic centre of Sorrento, Hotel Conca Park is ideal for a relaxing stay on the Sorrento Peninsula. The Hotel is close to bus stops and the train station, and so the most beautiful places in Campania can be reached in an hour at most. Pompeii, Herculaneum, Capri, Amalfi and Positano really are close, and we can organise private guided tours to ensure that your stay on the wonderful Sorrento Peninsula is truly unforgettable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Conca Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Conca Park Hotel Sorrento
- Hotel Conca Park Sorrento