“Perfect!”
Review of Hotel del Corso

Hotel del Corso
Ranked #72 of 100 Hotels in Sorrento
Reviewed November 3, 2012

The hotel is situated on the main road Corso Italia, it is in the middle of everything but is still very quiet at night so you get a good nights sleep. The rooms are clean and comfortable, the staff are very friendly and the service was excellent (they were willing to help with everything). The breakfasts were simple but nice and had a variety of fruits, croissants, toast and cereals with tea, coffee and juices too which are eaten in the conservatory or on the balcony. There is also a good view from the solarium on the 3rd floor. Highly recommended, would stay again. Thank you Hotel Del Corso!

2  Thank Victoria T

Reviewed October 18, 2012

The location was excellent, near the center of the town and a short walk from the Marina Piccola (boats to Naples, the Islands and the towns on the Amalfi coast).

My room was some kind of re-built loft - which ment it was huge (probably ment for a whole family considering there were no less than four beds...) and away from the street noise. The toilet + shower was clean yet quite basic. There was no fridge in the room and the beds were in quite poor shape (didn't bother me too much though since I can sleep on pretty much anything, anywhere...). The AC worked just fine.

The breakfast was "ok" - nothing more nothing less.

Stayed here for two nights. Best part with this hotel was the location and the roof terrace (with some deck chairs etc.) from where we could se parts of the bay of Naples as well as the silhouette of Mount Vesuvius.

Overall the stay wasn't "bad" but considering the fairly high price (however keep in mind that this is one of the more expensive parts of Italy), one would've expected a bit more.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank SirPurple
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I was really unimpressed by the value for money at this hotel. For what we got, I would have expected to be paying less and categorized Del Corso as a 1-2 Star hotel.

Pros: Central location, easy walk from train station, public terrace for breakfast

Cons: Our room facing the main street was loud. The shower didn't drain properly and we were forced to stand in 4 inches of water. Didn't want to think about what was clogging the drain. Mold on the shower ceiling.

We live in Rome and so are accustomed to higher prices but the room was much smaller than expected and had not been updated in some time.

The staff was very nice and helpful, the location was great, but that's all your paying for. Rest of the hotel was a disappointment.

1  Thank anamericaninr0me
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Just returned home after staying at the Del Corso in Sorrento, Hotel location, could not be better, minutes from, all means of transport, and the Centre of Sorrento, Family run Hotel, who are in attendance at all times, Very helpful and polite. rooms are a good size and cleaned daily, Breakfast was great, (continental) would recommend this Hotel. I would endorse the comments made by Kristine H

2  Thank EdwardsKent
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Stayed 7 days in July. Excellent location for all ages as very convenient to train, buses, tours etc. Owners and staff excellent nothing to much for them. Room was very generous, clean and aircon was perfect. Lovely area for breakfast served on the terrace, food was good more than ample.
we enjoyed our stay there very much and woukld love to visit again. Thankyou all at Hotel del Corso for makeing our stay so enjoyable. Graeme & Kris.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Kristine H
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I stayed here with my whole family with 2 double rooms and 1 triple room. This is a family owned business and warmed up to them quickly. The location is right on Corso Italia and just steps away from Tasso Square. Ferries and the trains are no more than a 10 to 15 min walk at the most.
Breakfast was served out in the enclosed terrace and they were very helpful in getting us a taxi for our very early departure to the NAP airport which made it very easy on us.
They have a lift during certain hours that made the walk up to the hotel level easy.
I didn't care for and felt bad having to wake the after hour staff man to let us in after dancing a few nights at a local dance club but I guess it is part of his job.
Other than that the rooms and bathrooms were sufficient for our stay in Sorrento and you can not beat the location.
I just hope they will allow us back lol
Hope all is well with you all. See you soon :P
Natasha

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank NatashaG813
Reviewed July 8, 2012

My initial hopes were high. A phone conversation with Francesco [I think that's his name] about leaving my suitcase a few days before checking in so that I go off walking was polite and helpful - as he continued to be in person. His employer was rather different though, a supercillious man, who seemed to view his clients as undiscerning fools it wasn't worth his while wasting time on. After all if you were idiot enough to check in to his place, you were clearly lacking something!

On my arrival he'd instructed an apologetic Francesco to demand full payment in cash up front. I politely refused. I was then shown to a dark cell with no window except the frosted one in the door leading from the dark hallway.. I asked for another room.

The new room next door was only marginally better, opening directly onto the noisy covered terrace & bar with a bar table right outside. There was at least a window opening on to the street though. The room was poorly furnished with cheap, ancient, scratched furniture and walls painted a pale yellow with scuff marks and stains. The floor tiles were cracked and the toilet/shower room looked ancient, with a high window that opened onto the public terrace. The noise from the terrace and the street meant I needed ear plugs to sleep.

At E 65 per night [allegedly a discounted price for one person!], the hotel is an appalling rip-off. [At E20, I still wouldn't have been impressed, but I might have been more tolerant.]

Mercifully I stayed just the one night. Having to leave very early in the morning, I asked if I could take some fruit with me in lieu of breakfast. 'Not possible' was the reply.

I can understand that people offered better rooms might have a more positive view of the place. And if they only get to deal with Francesco they might think the customer service is good. My advice though is - it's not worth the risk. For a similar price there are far better places in Sorrento. [See my review of Villa Pane for example]

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side, on the left as you walk down the main corridor from reception, are likely t...