“All the action and cozy”
Review of Hotel del Corso

Hotel del Corso
Ranked #71 of 100 Hotels in Sorrento
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Previous reviews held me skeptical but arrived in Sorrento after being pick pocketed in Rome. We were exhausted. The concierge gave us an adorable room with our own terrace. The lobby has a small bar, books and an adorable 3 yr old that is family member. Breakfast was ample with fruit, rolls, juice on the terrace, oh don't forget the coffee. Would definitely stay again. Only problem was the wifi, even with paying could not get it in room, only in public areas. But, I met great people travelling. Don't forget to see Teatro Tasso. Tenors are superb and musicians, magnificent. And the Michaelangelo Cheese Factory. Great People. And near the supermarket Gia Russa Risturant. Reasonable and Delicious.

Room Tip: Ask for balcony room
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 17, 2012

I have to say this hotel boasts 3 stars however was below average in quality and facilities. Although its in the main square and easy to get around, the room itself was very old, musty and not comfortable. The bathroom in particular was a problem with a shower railing almost broken, curtain too long as it clogged up the drain as you stand in 10cm water and it went everywhere on the floor when you were done. It was impossible to not get the whole room wet. My bed also had a broken spring which stuck int my back when sleeping. The breakfast was not very appealing and they charge you for wifi when a lot of other hotels have it for free. They also came into our room while we weren't there to remove a single bed without telling us and moved all our personal belongings which I didn't like. There was no explanation of facilities, ie the bar, any maps or general information given as we would expect. We had to ask questions all the time.

The onlylus is that they have laundry machine and dryer which you can pay to use, rarity in Italy. I wouldn't recommend to stay unless you just want a base and you don't want to spend much time there.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ashley M
Reviewed May 23, 2012

I come in this hotel quite often and I love its vibe. The rooms are cosy, breakfast served in a terrace, they always serve fresh fruits. The masterpiece is definitely thei balcony facing the Vesuvius and the Naples bay. Central located, family run. U definitely like it!

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank elpatojones
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Stayed in the 3 Star???? Del Corso in Sorrento just last week ( May 7-9) How they got their 3 star rating is the big question. It was dirty and they first put us in a room with no window and then moved us into an unrenovated room on the top floor that was spacious but very strange with a wooden ladder up to the bathroom. Very challenging in the middle of the night. Very old 'spring in your back' mattresses. Definetely needs upgrading.Not recommended.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank nance22
Reviewed May 13, 2012

We spent 2 weeks in Italy and found some amazing gems but this is definitely not a place I’d recommend. The location is convenient and there’s a nice terrace but that’s about all it’s got going for it.

My single bed was extremely uncomfortable (more like a cot and without a box spring), the towels were thin and discoloured, we had no hot water for showers on Day 2, the breakfast buffet table was crawling with ants and not to mention, the unfriendly staff with one particularly rude individual.

Here are some other things that stood out about our stay:
• If you get quoted availability via email, be careful to note that they’ve probably quoted the rate based on a cash payment. It will be more if you pay with credit card which is not disclosed so make sure you are clear on the rate.
• They tried to say that we’d been upgraded because our room had a balcony. I’m fairly certain all of their rooms have a “balcony” but regardless, we didn’t feel it was an upgrade. The balcony wasn’t wide enough to sit out on nor did it provide a view but ultimately, it made our stay extremely noisy when bottles were thrown out by local restaurants and then picked up each night.
• My friend was reprimanded for not using a tray at breakfast. Really?
• I thought I’d settle our bill the night prior to departure so I paid 280 Euro with a credit card but was told that I had to pay the tax (6 Euro) in cash. Totally understandable but I didn’t have cash on me at the time and my friend was already in bed so I said that I’d pay the balance in the morning. The front desk agent was extremely rude saying that I needed to pay the tax and that it would be easier for him if I paid at that moment. Apparently I was delusional to think they’d make it “easy” for their guests; I felt like I was being accused of theft and he was insinuating that I was going to try and skip out on paying the tax. Seriously. I already paid 280 Euros, I wasn’t going to try and skip out on 6 Euros.

We stayed 3 nights and definitely regret confirming this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank Time2Travel_K
Reviewed April 11, 2012

We stayed at the Hotel del Corso for five (5) nights in March of 2012 and we were very satisfied with our stay. We were in a Quad room and never felt cramped - the room was very clean. Breakfast was typical Italian fare - rolls, fruit, juice, meat, cheese, cereal, coffee, and tea. We would definitely stay there again and have already recommended the hotel to friends.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lgiardi
Reviewed February 29, 2012

I stayed 5 nights in September with my wife at the Hotel del Corso in Sorrento. We chose it mainly because it was in a great location on the Via Corso near Piazza Tasso. We stayed 5 nights in a large comfortable room with a decent bathroom on the back side of the hotel. The room was on the second floor with a large veranda window opening onto a noisy back street but amazingly this noise was eliminated when the window was shut.
It is a medium size hotel with about 25 rooms. Upon arrival there are two flight of stairs to navigate baggage to the lobby. The hotel has a large veranda overlooking the main street, this is were they served breakfast. As it was September we found it extremely pleasant in the morning. The breakfast was ok although we always felt that the owners were watching how much or many times we visited the ham or cheese buffet. We also concluded that tour groups stayed the night a couple of times and when they did the hotel eliminated the ham and cheese from the buffet and went with something less expensive.
We thought Hetel del Corso was average costing Euros 110.00 a night, WiiFii was extra, so I give it a 3. The breakfast is worth a 3, just standard fare. Location is super, a definate a big 5. Yes the street is noisy but Sorrento is vibrante town, full of vacationers enjoying themselves. Overall I give the hotel a 3, although I would not stay there again. I thought Rick Steves review of the hotel was spot on, nothing fancy but OK.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple