1,797 results
All reviewssea viewbay of naplesthe cliffbathing platformbeach barprivate beachhotel groundssmall balconyour honeymoonwonderful hotelten minute walksun deckspectacular viewsevery eveninghalf boardtown centrepublic areas
Reviewed November 4, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel several times and never once had a bad experience. From the moment we arrive until our goodbyes, the staff are just wonderful! Nothing is ever too much trouble. I work in the tourism business in the UK and truly feel some of our hotels could do with spending some time here. The rooms are elegant, there is always something to enjoy in the restaurant - and Tonino's cocktails are the best-try a White lady - excellent. Yes, the hotel is a short walk from the centre, but it is a beautiful, safe walk and it gives you the opportunity to work off some calories after a great dinner. I was there. In May, June an September - do I sound sad only going there- I have spent my life travelling and living all over the world -I have now found a part of heaven just 2hours 40 mins from Manchester! will I be going back - you bet I will - sadly it is closed for Christmas, otherwise I would be back - instead it will be next year! If you go expecting a chain style hotel where you are simply a number and credit card please don't go and book up the rooms so that those who love and appreciate this hotel and it's amazing staff can't get a room!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Maria K
Reviewed November 3, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Ambasciatori at the end of August, 2011, to the first week of September, 2011. Upon our arrival, we were greeted by friendly, courteous staff. We stayed at the hotel as part of our honeymoon and the hotel amenities and employees were outstanding. Our room was impeccable, and breakfast every morning overlooking the Bay of Naples was breathtaking.

We had a room on the 6th floor with a balcony overlooking the Bay. The view at night was spectacular. We spent the end of every evening enjoying a drink on the balcony, watching the lights of Naples blink and the magestic cruise ships come into the Bay and dock.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anybody. Make sure that you book a room at one of the higher floors as the view is worth the extra $$$$.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CindyT524
Reviewed October 31, 2011

My then fiancée and I stayed at the Grand Hotel Ambasciatori in June 2011 with our family as the hotel was the setting for our wedding reception. The hotel and it's staff are simply second to none.

Location: The hotel is set just outside of the town centre of Sorrento, within a scenic 10-15 minute walk or a little longer if you fancy a stroll through some lemon gardens.

Scenery: We stayed in an Sea View room and the view is breathtaking. Watching the sun go down on our balcony whilst sipping champagne together was the perfect way to begin married life.

Staff: The staff at the hotel are fantastic, always willing to help and very warm and friendly (particularly the porters/waiters).

Room: We were happy with our room, house-keeping did a good job and supplies were always replenished. The shower was a little on the complicated side, but once you get it to the right temperature it is fine!

Facilities: There is a beach area (more of a pier) which you could easily spend all day basking in the neapolitan sun. The pool was always quite quiet which was nice and with a bar next to it, refreshments were never a problem. We only ate in the restaurant once (asides from the wedding) as we tended to explore the food on offer in Sorrento, but when we did we were not disappointed.

Wedding: The hotel and in particular the hotel management were amazing. They were very accommodating and exceeded all expectations by making our wedding reception perfect, from the cocktail reception overlooking the Bay of Naples to the sumptuous dinner and party afterwards. Their attention to detail and how they looked after our families (particularly my grandparents in law) was really excellent.

I would recommend coming to this beautiful part of Italy and staying at the Grand Hotel Ambasciatori to anybody and if you are planning a wedding in Sorrento, then this hotel is a fantastic wedding reception venue and they really know how to make the day special for all involved.

Room Tip: Our guests were staying all over the hotel so we got a good look at all the types of rooms. The junior suites and sea view rooms enjoy unparalleled views, there is really nothing better than waking up to them. The garden/pool view rooms also were quite nice and you can still see the bay from them.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank MattDuck
Reviewed October 23, 2011

We booked three nights with this hotel with a Rick Steve's discount as his book recommended this hotel. Upon arrival, our room overlooked a soccer field, noisy and unattractive. We requested an upgrade and were quoted a room overlooking the ocean with the discount applied, so we took it. Upon checkout, we were informed that we were not entitled to the discount as we had to pay cash and not credit card. After arguing with the management, who asked to see Rick Steve's book, he finally honored their original rate including the discount. The night before, there was live music downstairs, we took a bottle of wine to a table to enjoy the music and were abruptly asked to leave and go drink our wine in our own room. We were also charged 4 euros a day for use of the wifi internet, we stayed in many hotels in our trip and were never charged for this. We would never stay in this hotel again, very, very disappointed.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Linda B
Reviewed October 22, 2011

We booked this hotel to stay for the week as we were getting married in Sorrento but overall I was disappointed with this hotel.

I will start with the good points - I love the glamour of the hotel, it is very traditional and boast the most amazing views. The food in the restaurant was lovely but it very formal (something they don't tell you when you book is that you are meant to dress for dinner). The rooms were clean and the private beach was very nice. The hotel is not direct in the centre but is a short walk to the centre.

The room we were given had the view of the football pitch, and to say this trip was for our wedding I was very disappointed of this level of ignorance from the staff. They even grumbled when we requested if they could possibly deliver breakfast to the room free of charge on the morning of the wedding. They did not make any effort for us on our wedding night, even though my bridesmaid requested it as they said that it woulf have to be discussed with the occupants of the room. Well what a surprise that would have been! We still had to check out for 11am the morning after the wedding! To say this is meant to be a 4-5 star hotel, I would expect a more personal service. I no doubt believe that if we would have chosen our reception to be held here, we would have received a better service but they forgot that we were still paying a lot of money to stay in this hotel in the first place! All i'd say is that if you are going on holiday, this hotel is very nice. If you are thinking of staying during your wedding and not holding wedding reception here - then i'd look elsewhere! If you are thinking of it as a wedding reception, it would be a lovely place to have it as the food is lovely and views are amazing. But this is a very formal expensive hotel so if you would like party atmosphere you would be better looking somewhere else - see Don Pedro's as he has a restaurant in the hills with an amazing view and fantastix atmosphere!

Thanks
Rachel

Room Tip: Request not to have a view of the football pitch!!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple