Grand Hotel Capodimonte(Sorrento)
Hotels.com
$330
$311
  • Breakfast included
Grand Hotel De La Ville Sorrento(Sorrento)
$333
Orbitz.com
$406
$343
3,579 results
All reviewsthe executive loungeindoor poolkids clubdiamond membersettimo loungebay of naplessea viewlarge hotelfamily roomwalk into townup hillmain restauranttop floormount vesuviusbeautiful hoteltrain stationamazing views
Reviewed July 16, 2014

This could be an outstanding hotel but it lets itself down in some key areas. Let me start with the good. Location is excellent, away from the bustle of lovely sorrento but a pretty easy and safe walk up the hill. Gardens , pools and views are outstanding and huge bright airy and welcoming reception. Room was good size with a full single bed for our daughter. Not a camp bed which she has had to suffer in other hotels abroad. Beautiful lemon and orange trees in the gardens and all beautifully maintained. Views from the balcony were picture postcard and a joy to wake up to.
Now the bad. This was a special holiday for 2 reasons which I informed the hotel of before arrival and got a reply each time I emailed saying this was noted. I hoped for some little token gesture from the hotel in recognition. We got absolutely nothing other than at check in when the receptionist said "this is a special occasion". Not even a complimentary half bottle of wine. An opportunity lost by the hotel in my opinion and they clearly knew about it. I even filled in the customer questionnaire 3 days
before departure and pointed this out, giving the hotel a chance to do something. Still nothing.
The terrace bar / restaurant is gorgeous with amazing views. However the prices are so high it is ludicrous. 13 euros for a gin and tonic ! The food is way overpriced too as if the hotel is some kind of 5 star luxury resort. 7 euros for a bowl of fries ?? Shame as we would have spent much more in the hotel if prices were even remotely acceptably.
Breakfast buffet is excellent and the omelette / pancake lady is a star. However it is pot luck if you get your coffee/tea. One morning I asked 3 separate staff for coffee. All of whom forgot the minute they walked away from the table. On our last morning we were surrounded by staff dismantling tables for a conference group. Hilton standard ?
The sound proofing in the corridors is non existent. You can hear every sound from the corridor and the doors are paper thin. That said it didn't keep us up.
Overall this is a lovely hotel and the location is excellent. It could be up there with the best if they address some basic issues. We had a fantastic holiday overall and sorrento/amalfi coast are everything we hoped for. It is a shame that the hotel couldn't recognise the special occasion which is particularly disappointing for a hilton property and doesn't say much for their personal touch.

Room Tip: Get a sea view room. Worth waking up to the views.
3  Thank Martin P
HiltonSorrentoPalace, General Manager at Hilton Sorrento Palace, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2014

Dear Martin P,

Thank you for taking the time to communicate your experience at our property.

I am very pleased to hear that you found so many aspects of our Hotel enjoyable, including the pools, lovely gardens, our reception area, lobby and lounge, the breakfast, and overall area, location and views. I have forwarded your kind comments to Rossella, the woman who we agree is a Star at the Live Breakfast Station!

It is a shame that we did not further acknowledge your special occasion. I apologize for our oversight. I have addressed our Front Desk Staff with your comments and we can now only hope to improve our service upon the next request. Furthermore, I have shared your comments regarding our breakfast staff with the Food and Beverage Team and we are, as always, seeking to constantly improve. Updates and renovations are a constant process and we are happy to inform you, we are in the process of refurbishing our rooms and amenities, including the soundproofing of the interior of the hotel.

We are so glad you enjoyed a wonderful holiday in Sorrento. I would value the opportunity to restore your confidence in our Hotel and would appreciate it immensely if you would contact me directly may you wish to come back to Sorrento, so that we can provide you with the exemplary service and wonderful facilities that keeps so many Guests returning to our hotel.

I remain at your disposal.

Warmest Regards,

Paolo Pedrazzini

Reviewed July 16, 2014

Okay, so this is the second time that I have stayed at this hotel. If you like Italy or have never been and want to experience it, this is a great place to start! I love the location, the hotel is great and you have access to many things like Capri, Pompeii, etc..

The first time I stayed here I had some challenges getting into the Settimo Club Lounge. At the time I was a gold card Hilton Honours member. Long story short, I did get in but it was hassle and I didn't expect it. To be fair, I simply didn't read the "rules" and expected to get in since I always got into the Executive Lounge.

Now I am a Diamond member, but I wanted to make sure I didn't have any issues. As such, this time I made sure that there would be no issues. I simply made sure that the room I booked gave me access. If you are a couple or have grown up children this is a must. This lounge is great and well worth the extra money for an Executive room. The main challenge is that it is so good, why leave?

You have to! There is so much to see in the area so go have a look.

With the rooms, these are a little basic, so this is a bit of a let down. In terms of position, my suggestion here is to ask for one with sea views. I received an email with an option to make sure you get this. It costs money, but I think this is worth it.

If you have a family, the main pool is a great pool area.

Room Tip: Rooms that give access to Settimo Longe Rooms with Sea views Fourth Floor rooms have a shared terrace with great views
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
HiltonSorrentoPalace, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Sorrento Palace, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2014

Dear Greg P,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at the Hilton Sorrento Palace. Not only are you a returning Guest, but you are a Hilton Honours Member and therefore truly one of our most valued Guests! Thank you sincerely for your continued loyalty!

It is a pleasure to read you were able to enjoy both of our lovely lounges, The Executive Lounge and our exclusive Settimo Club Lounge! And I particularly like appreciate your witty comments regarding the Settimo Club! It would be difficult to leave, but I agree, there is so much to see and do in and around Sorrento!

On behalf of the entire Hilton Sorrento Palace Team, I hope you will return to our coast in the future and we would be thrilled to welcome you back to our Hotel!

All the Best,

Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

When we got to the hotel, a beautiful and clean building, my family and I were helped out of the taxi and our luggages were sent to the room. Very great service. We got to our room, and looked outside. The view was absolutely gorgeous! Mountains and small houses lined the shore, and the Mediterranean Sea looked stunning that evening during dinner. The rooms were clean and very comfortable. Probably the hotel my family enjoyed most from our 10 day vacation throughout Italy.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank eTravelReviews

Dear e TravelReviews,

It is so lovely to read you and your family had such a fantastic stay with us at the Hilton Sorrento Palace this summer! Thank you for sharing your thoughts on TripAdvisor! We greatly appreciate your comments and hope that you and your family make a return trip to Sorrento and to our Hotel!! We would be delighted to welcome you back!

All the Warmest Regards!

Reviewed July 15, 2014

I have stayed in Hilton hotels around the world and this is now in my top 5! Even before we arrived at the hotel the concierge was exchanging e-mail messages to ensure that our every need was met! The front desk personnel went out of their way to make sure our arrival was effortless. Our group was 3 sisters and our respective daughters - as such we booked two triple rooms - one on the Executive level and the second a Garden Room. They were both really great - the major difference with the Executive room being an incredible view from the balcony and access to the Club. Refreshments at the club as well as the use of the deck and pool were great - staff were friendly and went out of their way to meet every need. Our daughters ate breakfast in the restaurant and based on their comments this was an exceptional variety of breakfast options. I cannot say enough for the high level of service - in addition to going out of their way to meet our needs the hotel provided each room with a complimentary bottle of Lemoncello - to take home - although we sampled some on our desk overlooking the Bay of Naples after dinner our first night.

Room Tip: Although I only have experience about the two rooms types that we were in I imagine that there is no bad room in the hotel! the garden rooms were close to the incredible swimming pool and well appointed.

Dearest Carlasroka,

What a wonderful review! Thank you and your sisters and daughters for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Sorrento Palace for your holiday this summer! This sounds like a very special holiday and I am so pleased you spent it with our Team in beautiful Sorrento!

It is fantastic you were able to enjoy so many aspects of your stay, especially the exclusive Settimo Club Lounge and our Hilton Sorrento Palace Team! Guests’ comments are always appreciated, and it is always extra special when we are able to help create a magical holiday for someone and they take the time to share their experience!

Should your family wish to return to Sorrento, we sincerely hope we are your Hotel choice for the future! It would be an honor to welcome you back! The Team and I shall remain at your complete disposal!

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed July 14, 2014

The Hilton Sorrento is set up a gentle hill, about a 10 minute stroll to the main shopping area and probably another 10 minutes walk down to nearest marina. On arrival the taxi from train to the hotel, though not far, is a standard €20. We took that option rather than walk with luggage. It's a very large hotel with huge reception / bar areas. The pool area is great - Plenty of sun beds and plenty of swim space due to different levels of pools. Pool side food and drinks expensive to the area but standard for Hilton. We travelled as exec members so were upgraded to exec room facing Vesuvius. Rooms pleasant though safe didn't work ( and is very small). Balcony is quite open to next door so no privacy but nice to say hello to your neighbours!!! You cannot open a door quietly due to design, so when coming in /out of rooms is makes quite a noise which is annoying for anyone trying to sleep. Walls are thin as we heard families with children crying a few doors down and it echoed along the corridor. We heard next doors phone vibrating. That said.. We would still stay here again and hope for considerate neighbours. Executive lounge - breakfast was great. Everything you'd expect. There wasn't a lunch option. Drinks (inc wine/beer) crisps and nuts, are available all day. Snacks 6-8pm - A bit hit and miss. Literally tasty nibbles - pizza bites or similar. Possibly 2 choices but on two occasions only one selection. Staff throughout hotel were polite and helpful.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple