Hilton Sorrento Palace
$431
$514
$416
  • Breakfast included
Grand Hotel De La Ville Sorrento(Sorrento)
$333
Grand Hotel Ambasciatori(Sorrento)
$912
Hotels.com
3,579 results
All reviewsthe executive loungeindoor poolkids clubdiamond membersettimo loungebay of naplessea viewlarge hotelfamily roomwalk into townup hillmain restauranttop floormount vesuviusbeautiful hoteltrain stationamazing views
Reviewed September 9, 2013

My wife and I spent 4 nights at this hotel and the only faults we found were the extremley expensive bar prices and that the bedrooms have almost no soundproofing ! as we could here other people talking who were at least 4 rooms away which meant that to get a good nights sleep we had to use ear plugs, not what i would expect from a hotel with the hilton name on it.As i said earlier the bar prices were expensive as 1 glass of poor quality wine and a small beer cost 18 euros !! but at the pool the prices were far cheaper ( why ? ). The hotel has a lot of good points though as the rooms are nice and comfortable and the breakfast was more than ample with good choices and also you have a fantastic view over the bay as your eating, the pool area was great with lots of sunbeds and a choice of 4 pools to sit round which are all connected by a small slide for swimming.The hotel is a 15 min walk into town ( up hill on the way back ) which was fine but after 3 days became a bit of a pain and there are no buses to the hotel and also the 5 min taxi ride will cost 20 euros as we found out once when it was raining. If I was returning to Sorrento I would look for a hotel closer to town to save the walk every day .

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Hilton Sorrento
Nice property set back in the hills of Sorrento offering outstanding views over the bay and surrounding countryside. Rooms and corridors are more lightly insulated than one would expect although we were fortunate not to have too many noisy neighbours. The pool area is extremely nice with sunbeds always available. Short 10 minute walk into the centre. Nice airy foyers and public areas. Grab a tasty ice cream from the pool bar and take a walk through the lemon grove gardens which are beautiful. Hilton Gold / Diamond members can access the 7th floor lounge which offers even better views and a private splash pool area, along with snacks and drinks which are handy for a free light lunch. Only downside was the breakfast served in the lounge - very limited choice, with hot options limited to bacon which was frequently unavailable and inedible chicken sausages / scrambled egg. Other options such as fruit and cold cuts were often empty. Other properties I've stayed in just offer Gold members the full breakfast in the main restaurant which in this case would have been more preferable.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2013

a very nice and recommendable experience that matches the nice description on the website. The magnificent view during breakfast and dinner was really very charming. Staff was very helpful and friendly with special thanks to Franco and Salvatore during the dinner. Very kind and distinguished gentlemen with a flavor of humor. We had a superior room with sea view and could enjoy the nice view relaxing on the terrace as well.

Room Tip: as from 5th floor seaview is much better
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I like to stay at the bigger brands, and use point resumptions so I choose this location. I booked 1 night paid in an executive King and then used points for the remaining 5 nights in just a King. I didn't want to risk getting moved to the king so I requested the upgrade. I should have gambled that they would upgrade me but I went with the paid upgrade and kept the same room for the visit.

My room was on the 6th floor overlooking all of Sorrento. The room itself was big with a nice king bed and desk area, patio with chairs a walk in closet and a huge bath. All was good up to this point.

Things that lower my score and not giving it top marks.

Executive Club on the 7th floor.
The staff here are great. The problem is the choices for food are really slim pickins. I have been to other locations and they are much better. There is Wine and Champagne out the whole day but beer is only out for a short time and then comes a few alcohols in the evening.
Breakfast is really disappointing, and when I asked the front desk if I could eat at another location they told me no you have the executive club and it would be the same down stairs.
As I mentioned I stayed at other hiltons where you always have the choice between the Executive Club or the sit down restaurant and I like the sit down for a few more options.

Location
Every one mentions this is 15 minutes up the hill. Its not a bad walk but its just so removed from the downtown that its really becomes something of a pain. I was walking 20,000 steps a day on my trip and so I have no problem walking but a shuttle from down below to up top would be something that you would expect. The location make for amazing views over the city but this is a sacrifice for being so much further away from everything.

Pool
The main pools on the A level is nice its 7 pools connected by tile slides. The water is a little cool but refreshing. Its also deep enough that you can enjoy the pool. There is one kids pool and a kids club. This is great for family's. Also they will deliver food and drink to your seats.
The food all is about double the price of downtown and the drinks just don't cut it for the price.

The executive club pool on 7 is a different story. It is a raised pool with infinity edge but its is not that deep and the day I went to use It I decided not to. It needed to be shocked, cleaned or something. I immediately reported it to the staff who said someone would be up. The water was not clear and you could tell it needed to be treated. I live in a high rise that has a pool and saw this last year a few times. The next day it looked better but I was't going to use it.

Room-Sleep Sound
For a higher end hotel I though I was in a older motel on the interstate. You could hear everything. Noise in the next room. People on the Patio. People in the Hall way. It was just way too thin of walls. The bed was good and firm. Pillows were just ok.

There are many choices downtown. I know its hard to break from the brands and try something new when you know the product. There were some really great places right on the cliff side that had their own beach access- beach access here means may be a small rock beach and piers with lounge chairs and access into the beautiful clear med. Most down below had pools. You need to do your homework.

The price I paid extra for the executive king upgrade was not worth the good view. I would have been better saving my points for another trip and saving my cash as it was not a cheap upgrade and staying at something downtown. Feel free to contact me if you have questions.

The staff at this hotel were great and cleaning wise everything was great but just not my first pic by far.

Room Tip: You do want a room with a view your gonna pay. Not sure if they would upgrade and not make you pay
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank JCRealtor
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I have loved our stay here . After leaving another hotel because it was so terrible. We felt welcomed here . It has many amenities and very comfortable beds. The pool is great and the food is also . The staff is friendly and helpful too :)

• Stayed: September 2013