“Jewel in the Crown”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Jewel in the Crown”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We stayed next door to Coku, and on our second night decided to have a drink. While there we looked at the menu. What a wonderful departure from anything else in the Amalfi area. They call it Japanese Italian fusion. We call it nothing short of amazing. The tastes and, as importantly the smells which come from the kitchen are truly world class cuisine. The ability to travel around the menu and pick and choose is incredible. We had the tasting menu and it was incredible from the fresh fish and scallop carpaccio to the black cod. One of the best we have had. I have not even touched upon the view , the best in Sorrento, to the wine list. Again, the wine was incredible, the sommelier, a genius. I could write much more, but you will have to visit to experience. Put this on the list with a visit to Capri or Pompeii.

• Visited August 2013

Weiden, Germany
“Truly Fabulous”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I was staying in Hotel Londra right across the street and decided to leave due to the large amount of bugs in my dungeon room. I wanted to stay in that location and walked in asking for a room. They were very lovely about it and I was able to receive a discounted room. The room was magnificient, clean and extremely comfortable. The hotel has an old school luxury charm but with modern twists. The staff were beyond wonderful, kind, considerate and helpful. This hotel is definitely worth the finanicial splurge.

Greenwich, Connecticut
“Fantastic food with a different kick WHAT A VIEW”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Well I can say that we were all looking for something a little different as this was the 15th of July and it was our sixth day of luch and dinner of Italian food.
So we found this restaurant by chance and what a golden find.
Fresh sushi which included Amberjack and Bonita in great sauces and one with truffles.
Then the mixture of chicken teriyaki and chicken meatballs.
The filet mignon was so good as well as the blackened cod.
A the end of the meal the manager sent free rounds of sake which also was real good.
Now we get to the view. It was breathtaking and I don't think I have ever seen such a view.
We sat over the Mediterian Sea. Incredible. The only thing that cold of been better was if
we had a invitation to the yacht that was floating on the water.
The whole staff was tremendous and so friendly.
Must go no matter wha to this restaurant.

Belfast, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a view!”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Just a few nights ago my wife and I sat down for dinner at this wonderful Robata grill restaurant in Sant'Agnello, which is at the heart of the Sorrento coast. Now although we did enjoy our meal, we felt as if the management staff (a certain bald gentleman and some sort of sommelier) were trying really hard to persuade us into anything they had to offer without even giving us a chance to glance at the menu. Nonetheless, we were very pleased with our waiter, a friendly, young american by the name of Vincent who was very well spoken and well-mannered, and explained the dishes to us perfectly compared to what the managers had told us, which was difficult to comprehend. Prices are extremely high but the view is breathtaking!

Jurmala, Latvia
“Must try!!!”
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

We walked in by curiosity - place looked very nice.
And what a surprise!!!
Fantastic food, had never like that before! We asked for more and more until couldnt breath.
I can not even describe what we had!
Very nice service, best view over the sea and fantastic sunset!
If I will have any chance to be in the neighbourhood - will go there 100%