“Made my Vacation!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Il Ritrovo Sorrento

Il Ritrovo Sorrento
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Il Ritrovo Sorrento is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 271 Restaurants in Sorrento
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
London, United Kingdom
“Made my Vacation!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

We had a so/so experience with Sorrento food, but this place was the best experience I have had for some time. The Manager was so humble and nice and portions were so amazing. Wine was amazing and insalata caprese was out of this world. The atmosphere was amazing and the prices were incredible. We gave the guy a 10% tip the first time and he was so humbling he refused until we told him he deserved more. The second time we went it was amazing again and we gave him 20% tip to which he again refused at first. I recommend to everyone.

• Visited August 2012

• Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
London, United Kingdom
“Generous!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

There probably aren't many places in Sorrento where you can order some shrimps to start for 9 euros and get 9 of them. Followed by two mighty pizzas - the portions here are generous indeed, and well worth the modest prices. Restaurant is relatively small, modern and informal. Service is not the quickest, and it is a good twenty minute walk up the corso italia (in the Naples direction, at number 357, not where the tripadvisor maps places it!) but well worth it for what you get. Probably one of the best value choices in Sorrento.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Terrible Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

The service is what really let this restaurant down. The food was actually quite good. My husband thoroughly enjoyed his steak although my chicken escalope in a lemon sauce was pretty average. There was one girl serving the whole time and we had to wait ages. Wouldn't return due to the poor service.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Reading, United Kingdom
“Ate here on 18 May and had a lovely meal.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

I see the last review 18 May slates this restaurant and can't understand why! We were there the same night! Firstly the waitress was lovely, humorous and attentive. I ordered risotto and was asked if waiting for it to be freshly cooked was ok, I found this reassuring. My wife had a lovely pizza and the mixed salad was excellent. Ok so it's a take away too, and yes locals were buying their food from here so again I found this as a local endorsement. This is out of town but very close to our hotel so was an excellent choice. This actually ranked as one of the better restaurants we ate at in Sorrento. Meal was €40 which included two mains, a side, a wine and a pint of draft beer and a pudding, good value.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Disgusting”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

We went to this place on the the basis of other reviews,and I cannot believe that anyone would think this place was anywhere near good, it was so bad that I refused to pay for the meal after sending it back . We waited almost 2hours for the food to arrive, so we thought it was being cooked fresh BOY WAS I WRONG ABOUT THAT. On arrival we asked for a wine list and they looked at me as if I had two heads, no wine list, just wine on tap. I asked for garlic bread that came as two pieces of crusty cobs with white oil that did smell of garlic but was yuk. I can honestly say that who ever thinks this place is good they cannot have ever eaten in a restaurant before. in fact when we asked a local policeman for directions to this place, he actually said its a take away and are you sure some one has recommended this to you. The policeman did try to help by saying nicer places were available on the same road, but no we did not listen to him unfortunately.my advice DON'T GO unless you are very easily pleased. Just to add when we arrived we were asked to sit almost under the take away counter, just imagine your local take away at home and you sitting under the counter, that's what the place is like.

1 Thank FUSSYTRAVELLER57