Hotel Central
$779
$736
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Art Hotel Gran Paradiso(Sorrento)(Great Value!)
$428
$402
Hotels.com
Grand Hotel De La Ville Sorrento(Sorrento)
$289
TripAdvisor
$337
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewstour groupminute walkbusy roadrooftop terracepastriessingle filesmall balconyfifth floorstayed two nightssister hotelpoolside barthe hotel staffthe main squarevery clean hotelcorner roomnice staynice pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Mixed feelings about this hotel. Pros- great pool, large rooms, rooms with balconies, roof top deck with spectacular views of the Bay of Naples, Cons- long walk to the center of town and the hotel is located on a major road that serves as the areas highway. Crossing this road is dangerous.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I stayed only 1 night but had a good experience. The other reviewer was correct as my room was in 5th floor and I had to climb the last steps from 4th floor. I don't mind, though. I slept with curtain opened because my window and balcony opened to the full mountain view, just too good to skip. Room was quite spacious in Italian standard. My room was just next to the terrace bar and it offered the open view to both the mountain side and the sea side. I had both dinner and breakfast in the onsite restaurant. Food is very good. There was this funny server, though, he just stopped everybody touching the espresso machine and he was very determined in being the one operating it.

Room Tip: Higher floors for glorious view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Poppy_cz
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I stayed in a twin room for three nights at the end of a two-week tour of Italy. We were with a tour by Gate 1 Travel and there was another tour group there. We found this hotel comparatively nice. The room was the biggest we had in Italy; everything was clean and well-maintained. You do have to be careful not to flood the bathroom when you shower, but we ran into that elsewhere in Italy. The twin beds are pushed together, but that is the way it is in Italy. The walk to Piazza Tasso, the center, is at least 15 minutes along a busy road with narrow sidewalks, so keep that in mind. All in all, a nice place to stay in Sorrento.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank sperantei
Reviewed November 8, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed our 3 night stay at Hotel Central and found it a good base for all we wanted to do. It is within about 10-15 mins walking distance from the train station and, although we didn't need to use it, there is a bus shuttle service between hotel and station. The bedroom was very clean and comfortable and we were not aware of any noise at night time. A kettle and some tea and coffee were the only things we missed! Regarding the view from our bedroom, although we were overlooking another building, we could see across the bay towards Naples which was nice. The rooftop terrace on the top floor was really lovely. I am coeliac and had informed the hotel ahead of our stay. I appreciated the special gluten free cereal and sweet bun I was served with promptly every morning. There were other foods I could eat from the general buffet too, which my husband also enjoyed. The only thing I missed was some GF bread. We did not have time to try out the fitness centre or pool as we had full days exploring Pompeii and the Isle of Capri. Sorrento is an excellent base for visiting both these places. If visiting Capri and you don't like either negotiating hundreds of steps or walking down a steep hill, take a bus or taxi to the port. The town of Sorrento is at quite a height above the port. For us, the steps just added to the adventure! Forgot to mention that, when making our online booking, we availed of a 'make an offer' Hotel Central deal and were delighted that our offer was accepted:)

Room Tip: The front of the hotel faces the street and buildings opposite. The back faces towards the bay. Lift goes to fourth floor. Steps to fifth floor level where the rooftop balcony is situated and perhaps some more bedrooms. .
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GJ20132013
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stayed for three nights at the end of a twelve day tour of Italy. The staff accommodated our request for a room change (2nd floor corner room had a balcony but no view) on the second day to move to room 404. Nice! Breakfast buffet was just average, but we took our coffee to the rooftop terrace each morning which is rated a ten out of ten! Convenient free shuttle to the center of sorrento four times each day kept the schedule flexible. We walked only twice. Hanging out on the pool deck, overlooking the bay of Naples and mt. Vesuvius was just outstanding. We found the hotel decor soothing. And although we did not use it, the 24 hour bar service made us smile. Like another reviewer, We also moved the furniture to suit our needs, liking it was not nailed down. Of course, we put it back in place before departing.

Room Tip: Fourth and fifth floors facing water. Some have balconys. Everyone can use rooftop terrace
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple