“Fantastic”

Il Nido Hotel Sorrento
Ranked #22 of 100 Hotels in Sorrento
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We have just returned from Sorrento, where we had the pleasure of staying at the lovely Il Nido Hotel. Fantastic position, up on the hill, overlooking the bay and Vesuvius. Great service with the mini bus which is regular and always on time ,from the hotel to Sorrento centre. Rooms were spacious and comfortable with a great view off the balcony. Breakfast consisted of a huge choice of foods all delicious!, however nothing could beat the friendly, helpful owners and staff they did everything to make our stay special and always with a smile so a huge thank you and we will return.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
ilnidosorrento, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Il Nido Hotel Sorrento, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Dear GLYNIS9,
It was our pleasure to host you. Then we really want to thank you so much for selecting our hotel for your recent visit and for writing such a nice review.
We are so delighted to hear that you enjoyed the view and the breakfast!. We are equally pleased that our staff made such a favorable impression.
We will look forward to seeing you again on your next trip.
Regards

Write a ReviewReviews (1,788)

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Our stay at IL Nido made our trip to Sorrento very special and enjoyable. The entire staff we dealt with were all very helpful. The location is up in the mountain but due to their regular timed free shuttle to and from town, which takes about 10-12minutes, it is easy to reach. Also the SITA bus that says Verde does stop right near the hotel.

The place is quiet and very clean. The room we had was large enough for two and their bathroom is spacious and very clean. They do supply shower caps, these days even some higher end hotels have stopped giving shower caps. The view from are room and balcony is stunning. You enjoy views of the ocean with Mount Vesuvius in the background, very picturesque. You enjoy this panoramic view from the dining room and its balcony seating area as well as their car park.

The fact that they have a car park is a plus. They also will book tours for Naples, Capri and the Amalfi Coast for you and you get picked up at the hotel. We bought SITA bus tickets from the front desk. Their breakfast is superb with offerings of fresh fruits, freshly squeezed orange juice, cereal, different meats, eggs, pastries, coffee and many more and it is all inclusive in the price. The two dinners we had at the hotel were all fantastic and the price is very reasonable. We could have had all our dinners there but on some nights we eat in town because we wanted to be in town at night some of the time. One night we wanted dinner on our room's balcony but it was dark and our room's balcony had no light so Dino offered to give us room service. They do not charge extra for that. They set up a nicely laid extra table in our room with romantic lights, great service. We did not tell Dino we were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary but he still made it so, so special. What a place, what a family! I am already looking forward to staying there again.

We were on a long trip and Sorrento was about half way into our trip so we needed to do laundry. They have a commercial size washer and dryer on site and it actually works, the soap is supplied by them. One of the reasons I chose IL Nido was the laundry service and it was very handy. This hotel deserves more stars than it has now. It is a wonderful and special place. We met some very nice people at this hotel.

Dino and family you are doing a great job and offering great service, keep it up!

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room.
2  Thank mothergirl

Dear Mothergirl,
i really don't know where to start. Your detailed review really prizes us. The Management and staff at Il NIdo Hotel are so delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay in our property and there is nothing makes us happier than your confirmation of satisfaction as this is our ambition. I will pass along your compliments to Dino and the rest of the staff.
We certainly hope to be able to host you again on your next trip to Sorrento.
Regards.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

We recently spent four nights here and I have to give it a mixed review. The Il Nido is nicely situated on the Bay of Naples, but it is far away from Sorrento so you have to take a shuttle bus any time you want to go into town. I did appreciate that they had a shuttle running every hour, and the driver was quite accommodating. In fact all of the staff was helpful when you could find them. We often found no one at the front desk and had to hunt to find them. One time I had to steal a toilet paper roll from the lobby bathroom because I couldn't find anyone to get some for our room! The food was delicious, both at breakfast and for dinner, with a lovely view from the dining room balcony. We couldn't enjoy our room balcony because our next door neighbors spent all their time smoking on theirs, which was just a few feet away. I appreciated the self-serve laundromat in the basement. Unfortunately I could not stay here again, nor would I recommend it because of the prevalent mold everywhere. Shortly after arriving I got what I thought was a cold, it turned out to be a mold allergy, and I was miserable every time I stepped foot in the hotel. Literally within minutes of arriving I would start up with a reaction. There was mold all over our bathroom ceiling and the whole place just smells moldy. I didn't get a good night's sleep the entire visit because of it. If I had figured out earlier what was causing my illness, we would have moved to a different hotel, but instead I just toughed it out and tried to stay away from the place as long as possible during the day. To be fair, my husband and daughter did not suffer any from the mold and the rest of the place was clean.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room first to check in the bathroom for mold.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Dear, ThreePelicans
Thank you for your feedback. Thank you for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community! Our ultimate goal is the absolute satisfaction of each and every one of our guests. But let me point out some aspects. Is quite clear, as we show on our website that the Hotel is 5 km from the city center, moreover the same information is wrote on your confirmation too, so it could not be a surprise for You. I'm sorry, but we can not prevent our customers to smoke on the balcony. We take all guest comments very seriously and investigate any concerns immediately, and your "mold allergy" sounds so strange, as You never talked about it with our staff, further I ask myself why if the "the whole place just smells moldy" there is no trace about it in over 1.000 reviews. Maybe You confused some stains of condensation with mold. We really thank You for your review as sharing your thoughts at the time of your stay allows us to help you immediately; sharing your thoughts online let us to reply and helps us to ensure the future comfort of our guests to come.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

其实以Sorrento作为探索Amalfi海岸的基地很不错,酒店餐饮的性价比是周边地区最高的,酒店每小时有班车开往镇上、火车站的班车。特别是II Nido酒店的餐饮,每天回来后都要胡吃海喝到9、10点钟,两人消费一顿才不过60来欧。最喜欢的头盆是生牛肉+Parmisam奶酪,主菜的白酒对虾真的很像中国菜的做法。早上有个自己榨鲜橙的榨汁机第一次看到。躺床上就能看到维苏威火山。无敌,大力推荐该酒店。This excellent hotel, can be an ideal base for exploring the Amalfi coast. Very good value for money,considering this location, view and catering. People of this hotel is specially friendly. I specilly love the dish: raw beef + Parmisam cheese, White wine shrimp is the same cooking style of Chinese food. Morning, lying in bed you can see Vesuvius volcano.

Room Tip: sea view room with terrace
2  Thank JuliaJiangChina

Dear JuliaJiangChina,
Thank you for staying at our hotel and for sharing your experience. I was delighted to hear you had an enjoyable time at our hotel, and I am equally pleased that our restaurant made such a favorable impression.
Once again, thank you very much for taking your time and we are looking forward to host your return in our property again soon.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

We loved our 2 stays at Il Nido last week with our family; very friendly staff, excellent food with wonderful view of Naples Bay from our dinner table and our room. Everything was top notch and the staff was a pleasure! Highly recommended property! We will be back next year.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank BruceG116
ilnidosorrento, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Il Nido Hotel Sorrento, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Dear Bruce,
What a nice review! Thank you so much for writing such a nice review and I was happy to read you enjoyed your stay and the surrounding areas. Nothing more to say besisdes the fact that we are already waiting for you in 2013!

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Stayed at the ILNIDO HOTEL over the last 7 days. The views from our very clean and comfortable room were fantastic. The shuttle service was great only 12 minute drive from the town centre. The drivers were both very helpful and friendly..Breakfast and dinner were very good. Tha staff were firendly and always smiling. We will recommending this hotel to our friends.

1  Thank sandy705

Dear Sandy,
Thank you very much for sharing us with your favorable feedback on Trip Advisor. Your fine feedbacks are highly appreciated and i will share your comment with our driver and the rest of the staff. Is a pleasure to know that You enjoyed your stay and our restaurant.
We certainly hope to be able to host you again on your next trip to Sorrento.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

This hotel is very far from Sorrento proper. I really had no idea that this was the case when we booked our stay. There is a free shuttle bus every hour as previously stated by other reviewers, and it is helpful. The rooms are very basic, but clean, and our balcony views were great.

The breakfasts were among the best of our trip. They included eggs which helped with our energy levels during our long touring days.

We had dinner at the hotel twice. The first dinner was only fair, but the second one was fine.

I think if we had stayed closer to town, we would have had more opportunity to try different restaurants. We did eat in town one night, but arrived very late back at the hotel.

We never had any negative dealings with the desk staff. My impression was that the owner is overworked and is trying very hard to please.

Dear Gudava,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share you experience and for staying with us. I was happy to read you enjoyed your stay. I just want to point out that we are just 5 km from the center of Sorrento, as is stated on the homepage of our website.
Once again, thank you very much for taking your time and we are looking forward to host you again.