“Almafi Coast Tour”

Sorrento Silver Star Tours
Ranked #2 of 34 Food & Drink in Sorrento
More attraction details
Owner description: The Sorrento Silver Star is located in Sorrento; it has been operating from many years in the tourism industry of minivans and limousines, with professional drivers and cars fitted with all the comforts that assure the maximum safety, courtesy and punctuality.
Reviewed December 26, 2012

This tour was the highlight of Italy for my husband and I. Our driver Marcimo was wonderful. He picked us up at the Hilton in Sorrento in a beautiful Mercades. We visited 3 towns and were given plenty of time to look around and enjoy the sights. He took us to a ghrotto where we had a boat waiting just for us. Marcimo took us to a delicious restaurant for lunch. We were interested in Italian pottery so he took us to a factory. We enjoyed our day so much we made arrangements with Louisa to have Marcimo take us to the train station in Naples the next day. He took us for great pizza in Naples and helped us at the train station making sure we got the right tickets on the fast train to Rome. I highly recommend Sorrento Silver Star Tours! You will be treated like royality.

4  Thank Jhanie_12

Reviewed December 23, 2012

We hired the Sorrento Silver stars service for a transfer between Ravello and Sorrento after a wedding reception. The driver was there a few minutes early, and it was a very pleasant trip back to our hotel. We stopped for a few minutes just above Positano for a beautiful sight at night. The driver was very informational about the area. The service was easy to contact by internet, and a phone call when we arrived in Sorrento. I would highly recommend this car service!!!

3  Thank retire10
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Excellent day with the Sorrento Silver Star Tours. This company was recommended by Rick Steve's so we hired a driver via internet. The driver picked us up at the ship pier and drove us to Pompeii, Sorrento, and the Amalfi Coast. We were given shopping time and given an excellent recommendation for lunch. We compared prices with this company and those of the cruise tours from the ship......for a group of four, this tour was more personal, did more, and cost less.

1  Thank sgaslin
Reviewed December 21, 2012

When travelling in Italy recently we booked Sorrento Silver stars service for transfers between Naples and Positano on the Amalfi Coast. We were also able to include a stop to tour Pompeii on the way .
We found the service to be excellent. The drivers were extremely helpful and informative, pointing out and explaining the sights and attractions as we travelled. The vehicle was very comfortable with plenty of space for 4 of us and our luggage.
We were very happy with the service and have no hesitation in recommending it to others.

1  Thank Anne00_12
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I'm sorry I'm late for this review. Last year, May 2012, was my first extended visit to Italy and the Amalfi coast. We decided to hire SSS for our transfers on the reviews from Trip Advisor. Well let me tell you it was one of the best decisions I ever made, first being when I married my wife. We arrived at the Naples airport and there was Massimo waiting with sign in hand. He immediatly took our luggage and took us to his car ( a new Mercedes). From the airport he took us to the Naples port where we were to take the hydrofoil to go to Capri. At the port he purchased our tickets and showed us where to take the hydrofoil. Returning from Capri we were again met by Massimo. He then proceded to take us to our hotel in Ravello, stopping along the way in Positano, Amalfi, Minori and Maori and to our hotel. Throughout all this driving Luisa kept in contact making sure everything was okay. Following our stay in Ravello, Massimo took us to our leg in Sorrento and then to the Naples airport. All the time driving Massimo was caring (my wife gets carsick easily), friendly, informative and funny. We had laughs exchanging stories and small talk, he was a man of my own heart. While driving I also spoke to Luisa exchanging small talk and stories. My wife and I are celebrating our 50th anniversary in 2013 and have planned an extensive trip to Italy. I plan on using SSS as much as possible. If anyone is planning a trip to the Amalfi coast I strongly recomend using SSS

1  Thank NickT0623