“Very nice”
Review of Re Food

Re Food
Ranked #33 of 288 Restaurants in Sorrento
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
London
“Very nice”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

I've not given this a rating of five as the next day we visited somewhere else where the scenery, service and most important the food excelled and it'd be unfair to give both a five. However, this is a nice place and we had a very nice meal.
We ate early, so were the first ones here. As such, its difficult to comment on any service issues as it wasn't busy and our waiters were very helpful and on the ball.
You're given a welcome Prosecco and enough bread to feed the 5000. The olive oil was very very tasty.
Starters: Melon and Parma ham. Ok not exactly adventurous but I think it's a good measure for standard. It was very nice. The melon was very tasty.

Mains: Other half had the seafood plater. I don't do fish, but she said it was to a high standard and very nice and if we visited again, she have the same.
I went for the steak (medium rare) with pine nuts . It came up a litre too rare for my taste, but I tucked in regardless and found the steak to be tender and well matured. I'd have this again too next time, but medium.
Desert: Shared a lemon sorbet. Apparently home made. Nothing to suggest otherwise as it was very fresh and tangy. Plenty for two too!
Complementary Limoncello was very smooth indeed and finished the night off nicely.
Cost: Overall add two beers and a bottle of still water €60 which for the area etc, was about right.

• Visited April 2014

• Korean first
Copenhagen
“Average Italian but nice decor”
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

I would give this restaurant an average rating for food but an above average (very good) rating for seating, ambience and decor. Overall the rating barely sneaks up to a 4 out of 5.

Our hopes were high on the back of very good starters with parma ham and melon which was excellent.

However after an average seafood risotto and an average lasagne ( with egg????) and average deserts we were disappointed and let down.

The wine selection was good and so was the service.

Shame really - as with many other places in Sorrento it could be so much better if only they served some good Italian food.

Kentfield
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A local gem!”
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

Clean modern designed ambiance- great host and chef. Delicious artfully prepared dishes and great wine list. Absolutely loved the bread sticks made on the premises. Truly a gem in the crown of Sorrento!

Visited March 2014
Fayetteville, Arkansas
“Modern & Delicious”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

My Husband and I really enjoyed the modern vibe of Re Foods in Sorrento. The lighting is spectacular and the service is just as brilliant. Ah, the food...delizioso! The server that we had (and I truly wish I remember his name) was an Italian hipster who knew his food. What a great meal we had there! The Gnocchi alla Sorrento was fabulous, as was the house wine. Thank you, Maison Tofani for recommending this delightful ristorante. The bread at Re Foods is some of the best we've found. If I lived in Sorrento, I would eat here often! Grazie!!!!!!

• Visited February 2014
Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Brilliant food and service”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

This restaurant is friendly and welcoming. The prosecco and amuse-Bouche to start are lovely. Warm and attentive service. Everyone was very helpful with my halting italian. Fresh calamari to start, followed by delicious cannelloni and then fresh fish in a potato crust, which was just melting and crunchy. My husband had a dolce, which he declared to be superb, a lemon confection which looked gorgeous. We loved it so much, we booked for tomorrow too.

• Visited February 2014