“Highlight of our trip”

Pleasant Travel - Day Tours
Ranked #46 of 151 Tours in Sorrento
More attraction details
Owner description: Thanks to more than 20 years of experience travelling all over Italy and Europe with different important Tour Companies, I make local excursions to Sorrento, Amalfi, Positano, Ravello, Pompeii, and every spot of Campania.Furthermore I also achieve tours to the principal cities of Italian art and history: Rome, Florence, Siena, Pisa, Lucca, Venice, Verona; all carried out in my comfortable eight-seater Mercedes Van. The deep knowledge of the Country however, permits me, above all, to show you the little villages and towns which compose the "Hidden Italy". Places strongly holding their traditions of century, and where it seems that the time has stood still. Here it's possible to re-discover one's own roots, a very enthusiastic experience. For those who had the chance to find out and know the original place of their families and ancestors, this is a dream that came true . With courtesy, professionalism, and always sense of humour, I will try to convey the emotion and enthusiasm which I still feel when I confront the Art, History, Culture and Warm Welcome that renders our Country unique in the world. I wait for You with the sense of hospitality which comes from my humble origin of the earth, the ancient cultural Art of farmer, to which I'm still much tied, living in fact with my numerous family in a garden of oranges, lemons, vines and olives only 10 minutes drive from Sorrento and 15 minutes from Positano.Why this internet Site ? The idea to realise this site was born after receiving much encouragement from travellers who have been on tours with me. These Guests have appreciated the fondness I spend in my work, suggesting me to present to a larger public, this new way to travel in tourism.
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We booked a tour of the Amalfi and Sorrento coast with Mariano based on a friend's recommendation and past experience with him. Our day with Mariano was the highlight of our trip. He was so informative and accomodating and took us to some of the less touristy places that you might never see on your own. His knowledge of the region and his enthusiasm for the beauty and traditions in Italy made it especially fun for us. The places that he took us to were some of the most beautiful we had seen on our entire trip. He also took us for a wonderful lunch at a family owned restaurant where everything was made fresh that morning. One of the best meals we had in Italy! We were so glad we had that tour with Mariano. It was a great way to really experience all that the region has to offer.

Mariano_Fiorentino, Proprietario at Pleasant Travel - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Good day. Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor site.
It is heartening for us to see that you folks enjoyed your time with
us and that you appreciate a really professional service.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

We are a family of 5 with 3 kids (9,8 and 6) and we had the most wonderful 2 weeks under the wing of Mariano and his family! Mariano is so experienced with the region, and brought us to eat at all the best local places..... We went around sorrento, Naples and the amalfi coast and had the best time! Mariano introduced us a guide to Pompeii and Herculaneum who is most informative, very good with children and we had a great time roaming the ruins. We especially enjoyed the cooking lesson at Mariano's family farm, and we ate the pizza and pasta that we learned to make, as well as the cured meats done by the farm. It was an awesome Italian experience to hang out with Mariano's family on a hot summer's day, among such hospitable and sincere people. We certainly recommend a true Italian experience with Mariano's family on the farm, the children enjoyed the animals, and we're fascinated with the fruit trees around us. When we were in Naples, Mariano showed us the opera house, the best pizza, and the old tea room, the town square and also brought us to an exhibition (probably seasonal) at one of the smaller churches. We totally enjoyed Capri with one of Mariano's friendly guides who brought us around the whole island in a private boat which was totally relaxing, and made us feel like superstars. All the restaurants that we're recommended were very reasonably priced and served excellent Italian cuisine. We particularly liked this off the beaten track restaurant high up in the mountains where they had the freshest veal and the freshest vino from grapes from their own farm. All I can say is, if you want to have a great southern Italy experience, do engage Mariano from pleasant travel!

Mariano_Fiorentino, Proprietario at Pleasant Travel - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

I have been reading through the reviews on trip advisor and just wanted to say a big thank you for taking the time to send in your comments. I think this is one of the best ways of getting an independent and honest idea of services offered by any particular Company and its a great help to anyone wanting to book their trips.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Four of us rainging from 13 to 62 yrs, had booked Mariano via email for a port excursion from Naples. From the very first email, Mariano was informative, helpful and replied promptly to all of my queries. He was waiting for us as we got off of the ship and took us on a fabulous day trip along the Amalfi Coast. He stopped at all the great 'photo ops' and took us to a lovely italian restaurant for lunch...beautiful views, great service and great food with complimentary liqueurs for afters! The van was very clean and very comfortable and his knowledge of the area was first rate. When I venture back to Naples and surrounds, I will definitely be calling on Mariano for our transport and I have recommended him to everyone who is considering visiting the area.
Well done Mariano!

Mariano_Fiorentino, Proprietario at Pleasant Travel - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2013

I have seen the appreciative message for my Company on this web site and it makes me so glad to realize that the hard work we put in makes such a good impression.
Thank you again to choosing us for your Italian vacations.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Our ship docked at Naples instead of Sorrento because of the rough seas and even though I could only give this tour company a quick email the night before, there was a van waiting for us in Naples. Roberta met us and because of the changes, she had been waiting for 2 hours for us and although we were so sorry for the delay, she was really wonderful and gracious. Our tour was everything we could have hoped for and more. Roberta's level of historical knowledge and stories and humour made our day. Her only disappointment was that it was a cloudy day and she wanted us to see the fabulous Almalfi towns in all their glory. We ended the tour visiting Sorrento before returning to the ship. We all felt that we really experienced this famous part of Italy. Thanks Roberta...a fun day.
Heather September 12/13

I have just seen your comments on the web and want to put on record my thanks for taking time out to offer this feed back to future guests who want to know something of the quality of the service they will receive if they book their trips with my Company.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Sadly cannot reccommend this company as Mariano let us down in Naples and took other people who we had recommended his company to from our ship instead. Our ship was delayed into Naples so I rang him the night before and explained we would be a day late and he said he couldn't take us till after 1pm but to phone him before 9am to confirm pickup or to see if he could organise something for us earlier. We had booked him for 3 day tours for Naples, Rome & Florence months before travelling. We rang him numerous times before 8.30am and each time we were cut off. We also sent him texts, asking for confirmation for our day tour in Rome and we never received a reply either by text, phone or email. Extremely disappointing especially when one of our party will never have the opportunity to travel to Europe again which Mariano was fully aware of at the time of booking.

2  Thank JG1812
Mariano_Fiorentino, Proprietario at Pleasant Travel - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

In reply to the comments made by the above person I would like to put on record the truth of the facts exactly as they happened:

· The client was a passenger on the Cruise ship Royal Princess which developed electrical problems and blackout on departure from Greece towards Naples port where it was due to arrive at approx 07.30 on the morning of Monday, 23rd September

· Due to above problems the ship actually arrived in the port of Naples at 23.30 on Monday, 23rd September.

· The client had booked a tour with my company for the morning of 23rd September which it was now impossible to carry out.

· On Tuesday, 24th September, I had another tour booked with passengers from the Norwegian Epic cruise on arrival in Naples on that day.

· To try to help my client of the 23rd, I spoke to her on the telephone at after midnight when the Royal Princess had just docked in Naples . I asked what I could do for her and told her that the next morning I would be in the port of Naples for another client doing the same tour from the Norwegian Epic. The client told me that all passengers had been advised by the captain of the Royal Princess that the next day they would all be disembarked and at that point in time she did not know whether she would be able to take the tour. I told her that anyway I would be in the port from 07.00for departure at 07.30 on the morning of the 24th with a notice with Pleasant Travel plus the Epic client’s name, therefore, if she came off the Royal Princess in the morning, she would be able to join the tour I had for that day as the client from Epic had agreed to this. I never said either that I would not be able to do anything for her before 13.00 on the following day or that she had to call me before 9am. The mere fact that her friends joined me at the correct time proves that she did know of my arrangements and timings.

·The client did not appear but she had given my details to a friend who had come down in good time and was able to join the clients from the Epic. I tried to contact the client to tell her that we were ready to depart on the tour but was unable to make any contact. I finally managed to speak to her at 08.30 to say that I had not been able to keep the clients booked for that day waiting any longer and that we had already left.

· At this point both her friend and I sent her a texto to tell her that the only thing possible was for her to catch a jetfoil to Sorrento and I would pick them up there but neither of us had any reply.

· Through the rest of the day both the friend and I tried continuously to get in touch but to no avail and we had absolutely no more contact with the client.

· To try and help this client both the friend and I sent messages to say that I was prepared to take her on the tour gratis if she came off the Royal Princess for when I arrived at the port in the afternoon or that I would take her the next morning if she preferred and then transfer her to Rome. But still I got no response and I had absolutely no means of knowing at that point if she was still in Naples or not since she had never responded to any of our messages.

· This particular cruise of the Royal Princess finished at Naples and did not carry on to Rome. All passengers were disembarked between the 24th and 25th September and the ship went on empty to Barcelona where she arrived at 04.00 on the 27th September.

· Passengers from the Royal Princess were taken to different destinations in Rome. Some to the airport and some to various hotels but there was no way that I could have known just where this client was going to be and therefore it was totally impossible for me to organize a tour for her in Rome and I found myself having to cancel bother her tours which had been booked for the ports of Civitavecchia and Livorno.

· In Fact from the time of my last telephone conversation at 08.30 on the morning of the 24th September, I had NO MORE CONTACT with this client despite the repeated efforts of both myself and her friend to get in touch with her and she did not try to get in touch with me either by e-mail or telephone

· To finalize , I spent 3 days and nights trying to help this client. I made numerous phone calls; contacted the pilots in the Canal of Sicily where the ship passed at 15.00 on the 23rd September and Port Autority of Naples.

· Contacted my client from the Norwegian Epic to get permission for her to join their tour and spent the whole day of the 24th repeatedly trying to contact her in order to resolve her problems.

The above are the facts of this episode and, as is perfectly clear from the many reviews and feed-back on trip advisor, my Company has an excellent reputation. In point of fact, we are particularly recommended because we give every assistance to our clients, often over and above the normal call of duty.