Pleasant Travel - Day Tours
Review Highlights
Three days of travel with an amazing person!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Camper65608540146
Amalfi Coast Full Day Tour with Lunch

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
StoniKL
Fairfax, Virginia

All reviews sister in law amalfi coast amazing vacation cruise ship authentic restaurant cruise critic roll call day trip intimate knowledge family owned restaurant waiting patiently private tour non touristy italian holiday rough seas whole group larger tour his passion
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My wife and I finally experienced our dream trip to Italy! We spent a week in the town of Amalfi, along the Amalfi Coast. The thing that made this trip more special and memorable than we could have dreamed was our time spent with Mariano Fiorentino. We were grateful to have spent 3 days with Mariano exploring the beautiful countryside and learning more about the culture and history of the region than we thought possible. The highlight of the trips were two days experiencing true Italian Trattorias for lunch. The restaurants were in more remote locations and only frequented by locals. The food was fresh, homemade and absolutely delicious! If you're lucky, you may even get Mariano to choose your menu selections and serve some of the food. A true gentleman and gracious host! Highly, highly recommended.
Thank you! Dom & Sue

mariano F, Direttore generale at Pleasant Travel - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thanks a lot for the good feedback.

Thank you again hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Fantastic tour. We couldn't have asked for a better guide. The knowledge and passion Mariano shared for his country was infectious. The restaurant he chose for lunch was one of the best meals we had on the trip. So simple and fresh with a fantastic view, just like being home with family on a Sunday afternoon. We will definitely be planning a trip back to the Amalfi coast and when we do, Mariano will be the first person we call.

Mariano was extremely responsive while we were setting up the tour and allowed us to customize as we liked. Mariano was very aware of when we needed to be back at our ship and made sure we maximized the time we had with him. We were able to see many of the towns along the Amalfi coast and left with a true appreciation for the beauty and way of life of those lucky enough to live in that region. Can't wait to return. Thank you so much Mariano, you more than delivered on our expectations.

Good Day,

I have just seen your comments on the web and want to put on record my thanks for taking time out to offer this feed back to future guests who want to know something of the quality of the service they will receive if they book their trips with my Company.

Thank you again, hope to see you soon.
Yours, Mariano

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I would highly recommend Pleasant Travel for day trips around Italy.
We had two amazing days with Mariano, Priscilla and Antonio where they showed us around Sorrento, the Amalfi Coast, Mount Vesuvius and Pompeii, always giving opportunities to stop for photos and to see the amazing coastline.
They also took us to a local restaurant where we had the best meal we had eaten in the whole 2 weeks we were in Italy!

They had extensive knowledge of the area and showed us many beautiful small villages and interesting places while informing us of the history of Naples.

I think these 2 days were the highlight of our trip to Naples, I am so glad we booked. Thank you so much Pleasant Travel!

Hi, thank you for your review on Trip Advisor site. I think this is one of the best ways of getting an independent and honest idea of services offered by any particular Company and its a great help to anyone wanting to book their trips.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Mariano picked us up from the Port as planned and gave our group of 8 a FULL day tour out of Naples down the Amalfi coast showing us this amazing tour of near his hometown down along this awe dropping coast where the towns are built into the cliffs. We had a wonderful lunch and then headed for Pompei where he arranged a tour guide for our two hour tour of Pompei.

He had us back at the port in plenty of time to catch our ship.

Mariano has such a passion for his country and loves to show you it all. He is a very safe driver with a very clean air conditioned van.

You can't go wrong with Mariano.

mariano F, Responsabile reception at Pleasant Travel - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

I have been reading through the reviews on trip advisor.
My thanks for taking time out to offer this feed back to future guests who want to know something of the

Thank you again and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Mariano arrived at our hotel and our amazing journey began through the Amalfi Coast! First let me say that the Amalfi Coast is stunning in every way! But when you add the fabulous history and trivia from Mariano you are elevated to a new level of sensational!! His passion for his country and his intimate knowledge of the cities and churches is truly a game changer!

He is the epitome of an Italian gentleman and surprised us with gelato and cappuccino! Our private tour with him will forever be a highlight of our trip!

I highly recommend him and the Amalfi Coast!! Thank you Mariano!! Ciao!!

mariano F, Direttore generale at Pleasant Travel - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi, thank you for your review on Trip Advisor site.

Thank you again hope to see you soon.
Best regards,
Mariano Fiorentino

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Priscilla and Antonio provided us with an excellent day full of sightseeing. Priscilla was very knowledgeable of the area and was able to provide us with lots of interesting information. Antonio was a great driver/photographer and made us feel safe on the windy mountain roads the entire time. Would highly recommend Pleasant Travel.

Good day.

Thank you again.

Reviewed September 7, 2018

My husband and I have visited Naples/Sorrento numerous times on our many cruises, but we wanted to revisit the beautiful Amalfi coast. Having used Pleasant Travel a several times before, I contacted the owner, Mariano, and booked our excursion with him.
Our arrival to the dock in Sorrento was delayed a bit by rough seas, but Mariano was waiting for us and whisked us away from the port. He shared all sorts of interesting information about the region as we drove to Ravello & Amalfi, even stopping to buy for us fresh buffalo mozzarella (made that morning!) to experience. We dined at our favorite hotel restaurant in Positano before enjoying some free time in the town and then driving back to the Sorrento port to meet our ship. It was a perfect day in one of the most gorgeous areas of Italy.
Thanks so much for the wonderful memories. We highly recommend Pleasant Travel and look forward to using their services in the future!

mariano F, Direttore generale at Pleasant Travel - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 5 days ago

Hi!
I've read the message of recommendation here on trip advisor. Thank you. It is great to know that our efforts are so much appreciated.
Thanks for the feedback.

Reviewed August 18, 2018 via mobile

We did a private tour of the Amalfi coast and hinterland with this company and can highly recommend them. Booking and communication was easy and our guide Priscilla and driver Roberto were wonderful. Priscilla discussed our particular interests with us and designed the day to suit. We had a wonderful day with Priscilla and it was fantastic value for money as well. Highly recommend them for tours

Reviewed August 2, 2018

Mariano drove my family of 5 up the Amalfi for an amazing day. The day with Mariano was a highlight of our two week Italy trip. We stopped at the towns along the way and had a wonderful lunch at a local restaurant in the mountains. Mariano showed us the beautiful coast and gave details on the history. Pleasant Travel was a pleasure to work with. They responded quickly to questions and the booking process was very easy. I would HIGHLY recommend using this company for tours or transportation in the Naples/Sorrento area.

Reviewed July 15, 2018

We had the great pleasure of meeting Antonio, Priscilla and Mariano. Antonio and Priscilla picked us up from the Napoli train station on the day of our arrival and took us to Pompeii as had been agreed. Along the way, Priscilla talked about the city and shared important facts. They were incredibly pleasant, kind and informative. Mariano gave us a tour of the Almafi Coast the following day. It way a 9-hour day that flew by. Everything we saw was breathtaking! Antonio knew the perfect places to stop for photos and took us to a "non-touristy" restaurant for lunch, where the food was one of the best we had in Italy!! Pleasant Travel is a highly professional company that makes your travel as it states: VERY pleasant :-) Thank you for making our visit extra special!

mariano F, Direttore generale at Pleasant Travel - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2018

Good day. I have seen the appreciative message for my Company on this web site and it makes me so glad to realize that the hard work we put in makes such a good impression. We do our best and its nice to hear it is worth while.

Thank you again and hope to see you soon.
Sincerly, Mariano