“Great tour of Sorrento, Amalfi and Positano”

Pleasant Travel - Day Tours
Ranked #48 of 151 Tours in Sorrento
More attraction details
Owner description: Thanks to more than 20 years of experience travelling all over Italy and Europe with different important Tour Companies, I make local excursions to Sorrento, Amalfi, Positano, Ravello, Pompeii, and every spot of Campania.Furthermore I also achieve tours to the principal cities of Italian art and history: Rome, Florence, Siena, Pisa, Lucca, Venice, Verona; all carried out in my comfortable eight-seater Mercedes Van. The deep knowledge of the Country however, permits me, above all, to show you the little villages and towns which compose the "Hidden Italy". Places strongly holding their traditions of century, and where it seems that the time has stood still. Here it's possible to re-discover one's own roots, a very enthusiastic experience. For those who had the chance to find out and know the original place of their families and ancestors, this is a dream that came true . With courtesy, professionalism, and always sense of humour, I will try to convey the emotion and enthusiasm which I still feel when I confront the Art, History, Culture and Warm Welcome that renders our Country unique in the world. I wait for You with the sense of hospitality which comes from my humble origin of the earth, the ancient cultural Art of farmer, to which I'm still much tied, living in fact with my numerous family in a garden of oranges, lemons, vines and olives only 10 minutes drive from Sorrento and 15 minutes from Positano.Why this internet Site ? The idea to realise this site was born after receiving much encouragement from travellers who have been on tours with me. These Guests have appreciated the fondness I spend in my work, suggesting me to present to a larger public, this new way to travel in tourism.
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Our family of 18 was picked up by 3 vans. Our guide Priscilla took care of everything, the schedule, the sights and the food. We were on the Celebrity Reflection and out of all the ports we visited, this was the most memorable. Our tour went perfectly and was according to what we wanted to see. Its also so much more affordable compared to the ship's excursion. It was one great family trip for us. Trust me when I say they are highly recommended.

1  Thank ryan730
Mariano_Fiorentino, Proprietario at Pleasant Travel - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

I have just seen your comments on the web and want to put on record my thanks for taking time out to offer this feed back to future guests who want to know something of the quality of the service they will receive if they book their trips with my Company.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

As others have stated, when you first meet Mariano Fiorentino at the pier, his warmth and friendly manner make you feel like you're being picked up by a relative you are meeting for the first time. Sixteen of us, split into two vehicles, had arranged to spend the day when the Eurodam docked in Naples. I can't emphasize enough how a small group as opposed to a bus load, makes a shore excursion really terrific. Timing that allows you to see as much as possible despite the constraint of your floating hotel leaving without you at a specific time, demands a Mariano, the ultimate pro. Driving along the Amalfi coast can also test your driving skill. The word curve should have a picture of this stretch of road attached to define it. Mariano not only informed us as to the most noteworthy sights, but drove us safely in places that a tour bus could not negotiate. Sorrento and Positano both are located in an unforgettable setting. Our cameras glowed from use ! Just when we were already applauding the sights and the information we absorbed, a super surprise ! Mariano offered us the opportunity to go to his home for lunch. Talk about being made to feel like family. Nestled in a lemon orchard we approached a farm house, Casa Fiorentino. We met Mariano's son, his niece and her husband who served us the homemade authentic dishes you can dream about back home. Homemade wine complimented the food. One more surprise- Mariano invited me to see that this was indeed a working farm. Behind the house was a barn that housed a donkey, several cows, rabbits, goats, chickens, ducks and a goose. Several members of our group got as excited as I did and took the tour. Lemons the size of grapefruits, which are eaten similarly, were on trees as we returned to finish lunch. Sadly we had to say good bye in order to make it to Pompeii and ultimately back to the Eurodam before she sailed without us. I have chosen to write this complimentary review with emphasis on the extraordinary gentleman Mariano is. The sights we saw made a deep impression. The human touch we felt on this discovery tour impressed us even more. Thank you Mariano and Family ! Ulla andDan

Mariano_Fiorentino, Proprietario at Pleasant Travel - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

I have seen the appreciative message for my Company on this web site and it makes me so glad to realize that the hard work we put in makes such a good impression. We do our best and its nice to hear it is worth while

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Our guide Precilla a Brit who has lived on the coast since the 60's was excellent. We were picked up at the ship in Naples for a 6 hour tour of the Almalfi Coast. Precilla was excellent as well as our driver. The four of us really enjoyed the day and it felt more like a family outing rather than a tour. The price was extremely reasonable,(much cheaper and better than the ship offering) Went over the mountains to Ravella, Almalfi, Positano and Sorrento. We were given a good background on each town then given an hour to explore on our on before moving on. Were offered different options for lunch and chose their family farm outside of Sorrento fo lunch. Perfecto! Home made pasta, cheeses, charcoutries, pizza and wine with delicious strawberry dessert of $20 euro each. This family run business is professional, warm and made us want to go back again. Were very careful to get us back to the ship with plenty of time for last boarding. The cost not including the lunch was less than 300 euros for the four of us. Great trip.

1  Thank texasinsc
Mariano_Fiorentino, Proprietario at Pleasant Travel - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Hi, thank you for your review on Trip Advisor site. I think this is one of the best ways of getting an independent and honest idea of services offered by any particular Company and its a great help to anyone wanting to book their trips.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

The decision to use Pleasant Travel was one of the smartest decisions I made on my trip to Italy. Our driver Mariano was responsive, reliable and just the sweetest man ever (I honestly felt like he was an uncle I was visiting abroad!) His service allowed us to learn and see more than we ever would have on our own. He was very knowledgeable about the Amalfi Coast and was happy to share its rich history along with great restaurant recommendations.

We initially were only going to use him once but ended up using him three times while because of the excellent service and prices. I rarely take the time to write reviews but I felt compelled to share this outstanding experience. Mariano is simply one of the best and I cannot imagine ever using any other service next time I am in the area.

Trust me on this one: do yourself a favor and contact Mariano for your transportation needs, it will be one of the best decisions you make on your trip.

Mariano_Fiorentino, Proprietario at Pleasant Travel - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Reviewed January 31, 2013

This is the 2nd time I have used Mariano for a private tour in Italy. We arrived in October 2012 and Mariano picked us up at the Pier - on time and ready to go. He is warm, passionate, professional and very knowledgeable of the Italian region. He advised us where to shop in order to avoid the Tourist traps and showed us a fantastic time. He took us to an authentic family restaurant which far exceeded our expectations. I also used Pleasant Travel for our trip to Livorno/Florence. Paulo was our driver - and another very professional fantastic tour guide. Plesant Travel really made out trip a huge success and i would use them again when i return to the area.

Mariano_Fiorentino, Proprietario at Pleasant Travel - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2013

I have been reading through the reviews on trip advisor and just wanted to say a big thank you for taking the time to send in your comments. It makes a lot of difference to us to see we are appreciated and to others who need a guide line when doing their bookings for the future. Thank you !!
Sincerely, Mariano