“great customized day trip”

Pleasant Travel - Day Tours
Ranked #45 of 150 Tours in Sorrento
More attraction details
Owner description: Thanks to more than 20 years of experience travelling all over Italy and Europe with different important Tour Companies, I make local excursions to Sorrento, Amalfi, Positano, Ravello, Pompeii, and every spot of Campania.Furthermore I also achieve tours to the principal cities of Italian art and history: Rome, Florence, Siena, Pisa, Lucca, Venice, Verona; all carried out in my comfortable eight-seater Mercedes Van. The deep knowledge of the Country however, permits me, above all, to show you the little villages and towns which compose the "Hidden Italy". Places strongly holding their traditions of century, and where it seems that the time has stood still. Here it's possible to re-discover one's own roots, a very enthusiastic experience. For those who had the chance to find out and know the original place of their families and ancestors, this is a dream that came true . With courtesy, professionalism, and always sense of humour, I will try to convey the emotion and enthusiasm which I still feel when I confront the Art, History, Culture and Warm Welcome that renders our Country unique in the world. I wait for You with the sense of hospitality which comes from my humble origin of the earth, the ancient cultural Art of farmer, to which I'm still much tied, living in fact with my numerous family in a garden of oranges, lemons, vines and olives only 10 minutes drive from Sorrento and 15 minutes from Positano.Why this internet Site ? The idea to realise this site was born after receiving much encouragement from travellers who have been on tours with me. These Guests have appreciated the fondness I spend in my work, suggesting me to present to a larger public, this new way to travel in tourism.
Montgomery
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“great customized day trip”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We chose Pleasant Travel for a day trip to the Amalfi Coast for the 4 of us because they offer a customized itinerary for about the same price as other packaged trips. Our price included pick-up and drop off at our Naples hotel. Our guide was Roberta, a British woman who spoke perfect English. She had a great sense of humor, gave us lots of interesting information and was happy to answer our many questions. Although we had made our own itinerary, she made some suggestions about sights and photo ops along the way. Time spent at each stop was up to us and we had a very full day that was totally enjoyable. The van was comfortable and the driver was obviously very experienced. I would definitely use them again for another excursion.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank LandJB-12
Mariano_Fiorentino, Proprietario at Pleasant Travel - Day Tours, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
Hi, thank you for your your comments on Trip Advisor site. It makes me so glad to realize that the hard work we put in makes such a good impression, and its a great help to anyone wanting to book their trips.

Natick, Massachusetts
154 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 91 helpful votes
“Disappointed in this tour”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We booked a full day Amalfi Coast tour based on these reviews and when I asked Mariano if we would have him as a guide, he didn't answer. Instead we found a lovely English woman as our guide and although she had married and lived there for over 20 years, we found it was not at all the same as having someone who really knew the place. We did not get much information that we didn't already know. Also our driver was very nice but spoke no english. The tour was the coast so it was beautiful but think it would have been so much better if the guide connection and info sharing were better. We also thought we would see Mariano and his lemoncello based on the reviews but he was nowhere to be found and we never met. We used 2 other companies during our stay and wish we had used one of them instead. Pretty disappointing. They also took us to a restaurant and arranged the meal and the food was pretty bad so that was disappointing too.

Visited October 2012
Mariano_Fiorentino, Proprietario at Pleasant Travel - Day Tours, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Having read your negative comments on the tour booked with my Company
I can only say how sincerely sorry I am that the day did not come up to your expectations. I am very proud of my Company and of the many positive reviews which we have had over the years
and therefore it is a great disappointment for me to read your feedback.
My correspondence mentions that either I or one of my family team would look after you during the day. It is not always possible for me to be present to meet our clients since, if I have more than one service to cover on the same day, I am often in a completely different place.
In this case you were in the capable hands of an excellent and careful driver, and an English mother tongue lady who has lived in Italy for many years and has a very good knowledge
of the history, culture and traditions of this area. She tells me that she certainly did not stint on
giving you information during your drive and doing her best to make the day as enjoyable as possible to the extent that, at the end of the day, you expressed your satisfaction with the service which does not surprise me as I have received so many complimentary letters regarding both of them.
Speaking to both your driver and to the lady who looked after you, I know that you visited all the important places such as Positano, Amalfi and Ravello and had free time in each one of these in order to get the feel of the town. You were taken to a wine cellar to sample the local wines and lemoncello and you were also taken to little visited villages, not normally
on the itinerary. In short, you were given every possible assistance throughout the day
and in fact, since you expressed your appreciation, I was more than surprised to see your comments on Trip Advisor.
It would seem that the chief problem was the restaurant which is one that we
have been using with great success for a long time with no negative
comments until your own. On this particular day there were many more people than
normal and that's why things did not run so smoothly but the food was of good quality. We are very careful to choose restaurants which are family run with good food at honest
prices and so far all our clients have been more than happy with the results.
Alexandria, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“We used them for Naples Amafli Coast,Rome and Florence and Pisa”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Our first tour was with Mariano. He picked us up on time in Naples and took us on an amazing tour through Sorrento, Amalfi Coast, Pompeii. Taking us to a local family restaurant for great food at a very reasonable price. Mariano was a fantastic tour guide teaching us so much about this region of Italy. What a great day and would recommend requesting him

Our second tour was with John Carlo. He also picked us up on time and took us on a fantastic tour of Rome our favorite. John Carlo was the best tour guide we ever had (not just on this trip). From his top notch service and professionalism and of course knowledge. If you are going to Rome you have to request John Carlo or you will be missing out. What a fantastic day

Our third tour was with Paolo He also picked us up on time. He is not with Pleasant travel. It’s a company they Partner with up in Florence. However we would not recommend him. He did not talk very much he rode in silence almost the whole hour ride from Pisa to Florence only answering questions. He dropped us of in a square in Florence and gave us a map so we could meet him at a meeting spot. That wasn’t so bad we could explore on our own. But when we met him at the spot and was ready to go he was smoking a cigarette and sent us up the road so he could finish his smoke. Not much effort put in on his side.

We just wanted to Say Thank you to Mariano and of course John Carlo for an unforgettable amazing Vacation and lifetime memories

Mike and Brooke Manno
Sir Corrado and Lady

Visited September 2012
2 Thank mikem192
Mariano_Fiorentino, Proprietario at Pleasant Travel - Day Tours, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Hi,
I have seen the appreciative message for my Company on this web site and it makes me so glad to realize that the hard work we put in makes such a good impression. We do our best and its nice to hear it is worth while.

Warm regards,
Mariano Fiorentino
Palm Harbor, Florida, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Best Ever Tour - Sorrento, Amalfi Coast, Pompeii”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Mariano took us on a delightful all day tour of Sorrento, the Amalfi Coast, and Pompeii. Mariano and Pleasant Travel had been recommended to us by a friend as well as on Trip Advisor. He met our group of 8 at the cruise terminal in Naples promptly in his comfortable Mercedes van. With his guidance, we had a day packed with sightseeing, knowledgeable naratives, photo stops, authentic Italian dining, smart shopping, and fun. It was by far the best tour of our 20 day Mediterranean cruise. He and his family were very helpful when one of our party became ill at Pompeii. As an earlier reviewer said, "At the end of our tour we felt like we were saying goodbye to a friend". He is simply the best.

Visited August 2012
3 Thank Dean R
Mariano_Fiorentino, Proprietario at Pleasant Travel - Day Tours, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Good day.
I have been reading through the reviews on trip advisor. I think this is one of the best ways of getting an independent and honest idea of services offered by any particular Company and its a great help to anyone wanting to book their trips.
Island of Malta, Malta
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“A Fantastic day on the Amalfi Coast”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I found Pleasant Travel through my research on Trip Adivsor and had booked a day on the Amalfi Coast for our party of 8 months in advance. Mariano came to pick us up in a brand new, fully aircontitioned mercedes van and made us feel very welcome. We were immediatly struck by how knowledgeable he is about his country and loved the passionate way by which he expressed himself, you could really tell that Mariano loves his job and enjoyed sharing information with us. We visited Sorrento,Positano, Amalfi and Ravello and drove by the stunning Amalfi Coast. Mariano very kindly stopped along the way to let us take photos and more often than not took photos of the whole group too. We stopped to eat in Praino, in an Italian Trattoria which was also recommend by Mariano.
I cannot recommend this tour enough, you will not be sorry, it truly was a day to remember. At the end of our tour we felt like we were saying goodbye to a friend, Grazie Mariano for giving us a day to remember !

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Kara977
Mariano_Fiorentino, Proprietario at Pleasant Travel - Day Tours, responded to this review, September 2, 2012
Good day. I have seen the appreciative message for my Company on this web site and It is heartening for us to see that you folks enjoyed your time with us and that you appreciate a really professional service. Thanks again and hope to see you soon.