“We used them for Naples Amafli Coast,Rome and Florence and Pisa”

Pleasant Travel - Day Tours
Ranked #43 of 150 Tours in Sorrento
More attraction details
Owner description: Thanks to more than 20 years of experience travelling all over Italy and Europe with different important Tour Companies, I make local excursions to Sorrento, Amalfi, Positano, Ravello, Pompeii, and every spot of Campania.Furthermore I also achieve tours to the principal cities of Italian art and history: Rome, Florence, Siena, Pisa, Lucca, Venice, Verona; all carried out in my comfortable eight-seater Mercedes Van. The deep knowledge of the Country however, permits me, above all, to show you the little villages and towns which compose the "Hidden Italy". Places strongly holding their traditions of century, and where it seems that the time has stood still. Here it's possible to re-discover one's own roots, a very enthusiastic experience. For those who had the chance to find out and know the original place of their families and ancestors, this is a dream that came true . With courtesy, professionalism, and always sense of humour, I will try to convey the emotion and enthusiasm which I still feel when I confront the Art, History, Culture and Warm Welcome that renders our Country unique in the world. I wait for You with the sense of hospitality which comes from my humble origin of the earth, the ancient cultural Art of farmer, to which I'm still much tied, living in fact with my numerous family in a garden of oranges, lemons, vines and olives only 10 minutes drive from Sorrento and 15 minutes from Positano.Why this internet Site ? The idea to realise this site was born after receiving much encouragement from travellers who have been on tours with me. These Guests have appreciated the fondness I spend in my work, suggesting me to present to a larger public, this new way to travel in tourism.
Alexandria, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“We used them for Naples Amafli Coast,Rome and Florence and Pisa”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Our first tour was with Mariano. He picked us up on time in Naples and took us on an amazing tour through Sorrento, Amalfi Coast, Pompeii. Taking us to a local family restaurant for great food at a very reasonable price. Mariano was a fantastic tour guide teaching us so much about this region of Italy. What a great day and would recommend requesting him

Our second tour was with John Carlo. He also picked us up on time and took us on a fantastic tour of Rome our favorite. John Carlo was the best tour guide we ever had (not just on this trip). From his top notch service and professionalism and of course knowledge. If you are going to Rome you have to request John Carlo or you will be missing out. What a fantastic day

Our third tour was with Paolo He also picked us up on time. He is not with Pleasant travel. It’s a company they Partner with up in Florence. However we would not recommend him. He did not talk very much he rode in silence almost the whole hour ride from Pisa to Florence only answering questions. He dropped us of in a square in Florence and gave us a map so we could meet him at a meeting spot. That wasn’t so bad we could explore on our own. But when we met him at the spot and was ready to go he was smoking a cigarette and sent us up the road so he could finish his smoke. Not much effort put in on his side.

We just wanted to Say Thank you to Mariano and of course John Carlo for an unforgettable amazing Vacation and lifetime memories

Mike and Brooke Manno
Sir Corrado and Lady

Visited September 2012
2 Thank mikem192
Mariano_Fiorentino, Proprietario at Pleasant Travel - Day Tours, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Hi,
I have seen the appreciative message for my Company on this web site and it makes me so glad to realize that the hard work we put in makes such a good impression. We do our best and its nice to hear it is worth while.

Palm Harbor, Florida, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Best Ever Tour - Sorrento, Amalfi Coast, Pompeii”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Mariano took us on a delightful all day tour of Sorrento, the Amalfi Coast, and Pompeii. Mariano and Pleasant Travel had been recommended to us by a friend as well as on Trip Advisor. He met our group of 8 at the cruise terminal in Naples promptly in his comfortable Mercedes van. With his guidance, we had a day packed with sightseeing, knowledgeable naratives, photo stops, authentic Italian dining, smart shopping, and fun. It was by far the best tour of our 20 day Mediterranean cruise. He and his family were very helpful when one of our party became ill at Pompeii. As an earlier reviewer said, "At the end of our tour we felt like we were saying goodbye to a friend". He is simply the best.

3 Thank Dean R
Mariano_Fiorentino, Proprietario at Pleasant Travel - Day Tours, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Good day.
I have been reading through the reviews on trip advisor. I think this is one of the best ways of getting an independent and honest idea of services offered by any particular Company and its a great help to anyone wanting to book their trips.
Island of Malta, Malta
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“A Fantastic day on the Amalfi Coast”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I found Pleasant Travel through my research on Trip Adivsor and had booked a day on the Amalfi Coast for our party of 8 months in advance. Mariano came to pick us up in a brand new, fully aircontitioned mercedes van and made us feel very welcome. We were immediatly struck by how knowledgeable he is about his country and loved the passionate way by which he expressed himself, you could really tell that Mariano loves his job and enjoyed sharing information with us. We visited Sorrento,Positano, Amalfi and Ravello and drove by the stunning Amalfi Coast. Mariano very kindly stopped along the way to let us take photos and more often than not took photos of the whole group too. We stopped to eat in Praino, in an Italian Trattoria which was also recommend by Mariano.
I cannot recommend this tour enough, you will not be sorry, it truly was a day to remember. At the end of our tour we felt like we were saying goodbye to a friend, Grazie Mariano for giving us a day to remember !

1 Thank Kara977
Mariano_Fiorentino, Proprietario at Pleasant Travel - Day Tours, responded to this review, September 2, 2012
Good day. I have seen the appreciative message for my Company on this web site and It is heartening for us to see that you folks enjoyed your time with us and that you appreciate a really professional service. Thanks again and hope to see you soon.
Auckland, New Zealand
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“A day to remember!”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We were on the same tour already reviewed below. We too were on the Mediterranean cruise and toured the Amalfi coast with Mariano Fiorentino of Pleasant Travel.

There is not much more I can add to the review already given but we must add that it was the highlight of our Italian holiday. We had both been to the area before so doing the tour with Mariano promised to be a different day out - and it was!

Mariano never made us feel that anything was too much trouble and because time was short, he asked if we'd like to have lunch at his home instead of a restaurant. We all jumped at the chance because one of the highlights of travelling is to meet real people and experience real life in that country. Mariano's farm was a delight, his family had lived there for about 38 generations and you felt that history everywhere.

The lunch was just an absolute wonder - everything we ate had been either grown or made on that farm! Thank you Mariano and your family, you made our stay in Italy ever better!

Visited August 2012
Mariano_Fiorentino, Proprietario at Pleasant Travel - Day Tours, responded to this review, August 18, 2012
Thank you for choosing us for your Italian Vacation.
I hope you had a great time with us. My highest priority is your satisfaction
and confidence. It is great to know that our efforts are so much appreciated and
just wanted to say a big thank you for taking the time to send in your comments.
Thanks again and hope to see you soon.

london
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“A magical day with Mariano”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We have just returned from a Mediterranean cruise the highlight of which was the day spent touring the Amalfi coast with Mariano Fiorentino of Pleasant Travel.

Our group of 8 were met at the quay-side in Amalfi. The air-conditioned vehicle was immaculate and comfortable and Mariano's careful, excellent driving made us feel safe and secure on the famous hair-pin bends of this beautiful region. Our day was filled with glorious sights, and Mariano's passionate love of his country was obvious as he filled every moment with interesting observations on the history, the beauty and the daily life of this fascinating area. Our tour visited Maiori, Ravello, Scala, Salerno and Positano....we were never rushed, his patience with the countless photos we asked him to take of us all (4 cameras each time!!) and wonderful sense of humour ensured our enjoyment of every moment of our day but the best was yet to come....we were taken to Mariano's family farm where we had the pleasure of meeting his charming wife, sister and one of his sons. After showing us around the farm we were invited into the house where a wonderful lunch of home produce was served, delicious. The wine flowed along with the laughter and the meal ended with limoncello and a marvellous home-made strawberry liquor.After lunch we enjoyed visiting Positano and then it was back to Amalfi and our ship. If you are looking for a memorable day with a charming and knowledgeable guide, look no further than Mariano and Pleasant Travel.

Visited August 2012
Mariano_Fiorentino, Proprietario at Pleasant Travel - Day Tours, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Hi, thank you for your review on Trip Advisor site. I think this is one of the best ways of getting an independent and honest idea of services offered by any particular Company and its a great help to anyone wanting to book their trips.