“A Vegan Haven in Sorrento”
Review of Mondo Bio

Mondo Bio
Ranked #104 of 280 Restaurants in Sorrento
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“A Vegan Haven in Sorrento”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

I was very excited about having a veggie/vegan restaurant in Sorrento as I was staying there for 9 days. Mondo Bio turned out to be an absolute godsend for me. I had been fed nothing but pasta with tomato sauce for several days before I arrived in Sorrento.

To have vegan ravioli stuffed with tofu, calzone, seitan steaks and spicy tofu with vegetables was fantastic, not to mention the vegan chocolate cake and 'cheeseless' cheesecake! The prices are reasonable and the staff are so friendly and helpful, I felt very relaxed eating there both with friends and alone.

The setting is charming, with patio and garden seating and a view of the mountains in the distance.

I would urge vegetarians and vegans to eat at this place, it is a little paradise and well worth your support.

• Visited August 2014
4 Thank lesley100

Beaconsfield, United Kingdom
“A great choice”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

We had dinner at the Mondo Bio while on holiday in Sorrento. I am not really a big meat eater and fancied a change so convinced my somewhat reluctant carnivorous husband to give it a try. My veggie selection plate and spelt flour pizza were delicious, as was the beer. Unfortunately, my husband's mushroom risotto was very bland and disappointing. Our desserts were tasty. The main plus point was the service, very friendly and keen to be as helpful as possible. The location on the main junction isn't particularly scenic but the screens help and they've done their best to make the most of the site. I also popped into the shop and was impressed with the range on offer, which was also reasonably priced.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank laurakb
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Only veggie restaurant in Sorrento”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

We stayed in Sorrento for two weeks and this was the only vegetarian restaurant around. We had a lovely meal but the location is on a busy road junction which spoilt the atmosphere slightly but otherwise everything was excellent.

• Visited July 2014
Stavanger, Norway
“Wonderful food”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Being a vegetarian in Italy for a month is not fun. Pasta, pizza and salad soon get pretty boring which is why I was delighted to stumble upon this place. They had a huge range of tofu and seitan dishes, several of which I tried and found delicious. You can eat in the restaurant or take away. The staff were lovely. I would definitely go there again.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Catherine D
London, United Kingdom
“Independent, veggie/organic restaurant and shop”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

During a two week holiday in Sorrento, I shopped at Mondo Bio multiple times as it is the only organic and vegetarian/vegan shop and restaurant here.

There is a little restaurant, more of a café really, too. They offer breakfast, lunch and dinner. For lunch, I bought a vegan calzone to take away, which the owner heated up for me. The calzone was stuffed with vegetables and a rice based mozzarella-like cheese. Cost: 2.50 EUR.

I also had dinner at Mondo Bio and chose a mixed salad and the gnocchi. The mixed salad was green lettuce with sweetcorn, tomatoes and grated cucumber. The vegan option of the gnocchi came with tomato sauce and some of the rice-based mozzarella. The meal was very tasty and the price reasonable. With a soft drink and half a litre of mineral water, I paid 17 EUR, which in Sorrento and for an organic meal is not bad.

The shop and restaurant are on a busy street corner, so there are no stunning views but if you are looking for tasty, veggie/vegan/organic food, this is the place to visit. It's the only place in Sorrento where you will find seitan, tofu, tempeh, vegan cheese or indeed vegan cakes on the menu!

• Visited June 2014