“Welcomed Surprise”

Ranked #131 of 290 Restaurants in Sorrento
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 4, 2013

It was hard for me to believe that there's a vegan/vegetarian option in Sorrento, I had to see it for myself.
My expectations weren't very high, but the food not only tasted really good, but it was a very decent price! My tofu ravioli pasta dish and lemonade were 10E, which was true for others at my table too. I tried a friend's gnocchi and minestrone soup (special of the day) and liked theirs too!
The outdoor seating area is serene-looking, although a little noisy from the scooters and cars on the street below. If you have time, check out the vegetarian store/market next to the restaurant as well.
P.S. "Bio" means organic. The host/waiter, to make sure we were interested in eating at the restaurant, told us everything was organic and vegetarian before we sat down.

1  Thank lws07

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Well worth finding (near bus & train station) Unusual for us to get a good choice of food abroad. Quite small but friendly owner and food (& wine) was very good - would recommend and return

1  Thank kei186259
Reviewed September 20, 2013

My partner is veggie so we were pleased when we found this gem. Great food lots of choice friendly staff and such s relaxed atmosphere.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

When your sarcasm has finally run out and you're tired of expressing wonder that fish apparently grow on trees on the Sorrentine peninsula, it comes as a blessed relief to find an oasis which welcomes vegetarians, vegans and other lovers of organic food in Sorrento. We had crispy tofu fritters, mushroom risotto, vegan gnocchi with tomato and basil, vegetarian and vegan pizza calzone stuffed with mixed vegetables or aubergine and cheese (rice cheese for the vegans), chocolate melt-in-the-middle puddings and sorbets. Mondo Bio is, mainly, a shop selling a good variety of vegetarian and vegan produce, mostly food, but also some lotions and potions. Attached is a little cafe with tables in the garden or (thankfully for us in an August thunder storm) in a protected lean-to. The owner was kind, polite and enthusiastic about his produce. Some of the items on the menu were not available, but there was enough of a choice to keep us happy. The kids liked it enough to want to go back, though as it happens, the variety of eateries of various qualities in and around Sorrento is such that you don't have to dine in the same place twice.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

My partner and I visited this wonderful place a few times and one could not fault it! The Sorrento-experience would not have been the same without discovering this little gem.So lovely to get away from the usual pasta and pizza menu and being offered tofu and tempeh and other vegan items. Admittedly, it would be good to have even more vegan options, but the restaurant(more of a cafe,really)is only small and it is probably difficult to produce many dishes.
Staff were delightful-friendly and committed to an ethical lifestyle.Vegan booze is on offer too:-) Prices are very reasonable as well! Can't wait to return!