“Over Charged and Food- Sadly Mediocre”
Review of O' Sole Mio

O' Sole Mio
Ranked #194 of 280 Restaurants in Sorrento
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Naples, Florida
“Over Charged and Food- Sadly Mediocre”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

First, I must say the lady who owns this place is very nice as is the entire staff...HOWEVER, the pizza was very average--apparently they do not use fresh basil on their margharita pizza despite listing it in the menu, the salad is poor, and the wine is very average also. Lastly, they purposefully over charged me 14 EU, and did only reluctantly give me 10EU back when I asked them to re add my bill. They give you Limonchello after dinner with smiles and then promptly add it to your bill. There are too many outstanding restaurants in Sorrento to waste your time and money on this place--keep walking by...Note--I was referred to this restaurant by the owner of a wine bar on the main street, she must be related to them.

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank Foodie4757

• Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Hexham, United Kingdom
“Sad to say not good”
Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

Before I start the lady who runs this place is lovely, really lovely. Sadly the food wasn't great. We had free dough balls to start which were alright, my other half had her home made gnocchi sorrento which was sadly tasteless. It needed some fresh ingredients to improve it such as some basil and fresh (not tinned) tomatoes. I had the seafood risotto which I was looking forward to as the restaurant is right next to a fish shop. Three mushy prawns and a load of octopus although the risotto rice was ok. We had a green salad on the side which was old iceberg and tomato and that was it. I had a beer and my mrs had a wine. €46, I mean €46!!!!!
If you are reading this from the restaurant TRUST ME be the first place in Sorrento to offer fresh, local produce at a reasonable price. Half your prices, slash the menu size by a third and concentrate on producing quality as all your town produces currently is overpriced rubbish. I repeat however the lady in here is lovely!

Visited March 2014
2 Thank Ian G
Prague, Czech Republic
“Fun and happy dinner”
Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

The lady is very friendly and passion.. we saw the reviews say that beware and it's a tourist trap, and we was panicked as we ordered already.. but actually she didn't charge us any extra fee even the cover charge..
The seafood Risotto is nice and would like to go back to try pizza..
Risotto pescadolle numero uno!! excellente!!

1 Thank ZhiLiangLow
New York
“only if you have to”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Be careful with your check, ask for a receipt which they don't want you to see and they must give. Read the other reviews as the owner seems to over charge for meals. Food is OK not great

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank cbm22
Austin, Texas
“Fantastic family run restaurant”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

The wonderful lady who runs the restaurant gave us poor travelers a discount on our food. She provided amazing service and a wonderful experience. I would absolutely return. Wonderful seafood.

• Visited June 2013