“A Litte Gem”

Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Pismo Beach, California
“A Litte Gem”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We ate here our first night in Sorrento and truly found it by accident. The Senora welcomed us in and was so gracious and proud of her restaurant. Small, unassuming and perfect! The food was wonderful, fresh and prepared perfectly. Wonderful pizza, pasta and main entree's at a good price!!! We went back twice.

• Visited May 2013

• Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Essex
“Bad Experience”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We arrived in Sorrento late on Sat 16th March and were looking for a place for a quick bite to eat. Noticed this restaurant and had remembered that there were reviews saying the owner Anna Marie was very gushing and charged for what people thought was a welcome small starter but didn't mind paying a couple of Euros extra.
We arrived, Anna Marie was very welcoming and rushed up with a small plate saying 'this is a small present for you'. It was very good. We ordered a bottle of house red which was the worst wine I have ever tasted - it was 10 Euro, slightly more than any other house wine in Sorrento but tasted like sparkling fruit juice - I doubt whether there was any alcohol in it whatsoever. The pizza was average. On paying the bill she charged 5 and half Euros for 'the little present'
It really did annoy me as all the other trattorias/restaurants we had been in we're very good and up front with the meal. I went in the following evening and asked if Anna Marie remembered me and pointed out the failings with the meal - she immediately asked if I wanted a free pizza - I said no that wouldn't change things but leaving a review would.

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank ClementinaEssex
Santa Barbara, CA
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

It was late and I was looking for a place for dinner. I remembered seeing a sign for pizza way back in a parking area as I was trying to find my hotel in Sorrento. Since it was late and I didn't want to go too far, I decided to give O Sole Mio a try. As soon as I walked in I was greeted warmly be Annamaria. She was so friendly and welcoming. Her smile and laugh was infectious!

She sat me down, gave me a menu and told me about some of her favorites. While I was looking at the menu, she brought out a vegetarian appetizer. I don't know quite what they were, but they were tasty. I decided on the linguine and shrimp with arugula and tomatoes. Wow...it was really good. The pasta was cooked perfectly and the shrimp (not just the tails, but the entire shrimp with the heads) were very fresh! As I was finishing my wine, Annamaria brought out some cookies which was a perfect end to my meal.

Overall, this place reminds me of a good local neighborhood restaurant. Good food, great service by a woman who seems passionate about the food and more importantly about her customers. I would definitely recommend O Sole Mio if you want a home cooked meal that has a casual family feel. Thanks Annamaria for making me feel welcomed!

Pennsburg, Pennsylvania
“Great pizza at this hidden restaurant in Sorrento”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We were recently in Sorrento for part of the day for our cruise. We found this little restaurant by accident as walked down some streets and away from the busy town square. We just popped in to get something quick and ended up sitting down for a quick lunch. Their margarita pizza was fabulous with fresh ingredients. The crust was just right, I can't remember the last time I actually ate the crust of the pizza, it usually gets left on the plate. We finished the meal with some coffee and cookies which you could tell were homemade. We're glad we found this place instead of settling for the tourist traps at the main square. Overall, a very quaint and good place to eat.

• Visited February 2013
Florida
“What a find”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We stumbled upon this restaurant while walking around one night and decided to give it a try. We are glad we did! Ordered two different kinds of pizza and they were both good. Anna Maria was very warm and welcoming. We went back the next night... tried cannelloni and spaghetti with shrimp. Again, food was very good. Shrimp was one of the best I've ever eaten!

Visited November 2012