“Felt like our new best friens”

Ristorante Zi’Ntonio
Reserve with
Ristorante Zi’Ntonio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #48 of 292 Restaurants in Sorrento
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Popped in for a late night drink after dinner. Was serenaded in by the music. The proprietor was really friendly and the kitchen staff were singing and playing instruments. It looked such fun that we booked a table for the following night.

Staff were ready and waiting for us and called us by our names. So friendly. Food was very good. I had the lobster linguine which was huge. As it was shrove Tuesday that day in England I asked the chef to cook me a pancake with Grand Marnier. It was delicious. Wish the restaurant was local to us.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

We had noticed this Ristorante a night before and thought, hey we should give it a try since it was within walking distance to Maison Tofani. On the night we chose, the ristorante was filled with locals and non-locals. We took a table downstairs and that is when the life of the ristorante began! Our server, Carmine, was so handsome, so endearing and gave us all the time we needed to make our choices. Since it was our last night in Sorrento and we had eaten a huge lunch, my husband and I decided on having Pizza and an appetizer. My Hubster chose the Proscuitto e Melone and a Sausage Pizza. I ordered the stuffed zucchini blossoms and a simple Pizza di 4. . Have Mercy! Both starters were succulent, juicy and just what we desired. Carmine, oh dear Carmine, recommended a lovely bottle of local wine and it paired perfectly with both the appetizers and the Pizzas. The food was absolutely delicious and I will never forget the taste of the slightly sweet sauce on my Hubster's sausage pizza. As for my pizza, I ate every bit of it and found it very comforting. We felt so happy we ordered yet another bottle of wine. Grazie mille, Carmine. All in all, a fabulous meal with fabulous service. Carmine had an endearing sense of humour that made us all smile and enjoy the atmosphere of the ristorante! Grazie, Carmine!!!!

Reviewed January 12, 2014

The multiple small dining areas allowed for privacy and a quiet, quaint setting. Food was very good although when offered a salad bar option as an antipasto, we Americans assumed it would be similar to what we were accustomed to. It was also implied that it was included in the full meal price. The salads were more traditional Mediterranean salads and pastas, all very good, but could have been a meal in itself. Pricing was reasonable if we hadn't ordered a "meal-sized salad bar" plus an entree!
Lesson learned: clarify anything you are unsure about, wait staff generally very gracious and understanding of your limited language skills!

Reviewed December 28, 2013

We ate here twice during our trip to Sorrento. The first time was on Christmas Day. The food as well as the service were great. One of the best pennette al'arrabiata I've ever had. On the second occasion the restaurant was a lot busier: probably the reason why the service didn't live upto expectations. However the food was still good. Certainly would recommend this place to anyone.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

After finding our recommended restaurant closed, we came across this place and decided to give it a try. We had a great waiter, whose english was not so good, but he was friendly and attentive. The food was EXCELLENT. During our 7 day trip to Italy, this was the BEST pizza we had. The atmosphere is great and the food is well priced.