“Enjoyed”
Review of Nautica Sic Sic

Nautica Sic Sic
More attraction details
Owner description: Nautical sic sic is a boat rental company based at the port of marina piccola in sorrento. The company supplies wide ranging services for pleasure boats: from boat hire, including rubber dinghies, yachts and the sorrento typical boat gozzo, to personalized boat tours to explore the most beautiful places of the sorrento and amalfi coasts and the surrounding islands such the marvelous capri.
O'Fallon, Missouri
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Enjoyed”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

My husband and I rented the smallest boat, 150 euro plus 31 euro in fuel. My husband has experience with boats and this helped in the morning. When we left the sea was rough. We had waves bigger than us, this was especially bad crossing over to Capri, white caps. We docked in Capri, 10 euros an hour. We thought Capri itself was ok and wouldn't dock again. After this we went around Capri and loved the scenery. The grottos were beautiful and we even braved the cold ocean for a swim. We had a great time. I am prone to seasickness. I started taking meclizine twice a day starting 2 days before and then took it 3 times the day off. I only got nauseated once, towards the end of the trip crossing back to Sorrento. The seas were much more calm on the way back. We loved being on our own and felt like we saw a great amount of the Amalfi Coast. Highly recommend but take medication if you have motion sickness or if the seas are rough.

Visited October 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“The only way to see the Amalfi Coast!”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We rented a boat and hired a skipper through Nautica Sic Sic. The prices are reasonable, and the skipper was very knowledgeable/friendly. We took the boat all around the coast, and circled Capri. Mario, our skipper, would share tidbits of information about the history and geography of the coast. He also recommended a delicious restaurant in a tiny town that was completely isolated from the touristy areas of the coast. I would highly recommend this for anyone wanting to see the Amalfi Coast from the water.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Joe B
Kailua, Hawaii
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent Trip to Capri”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We rented the smallest boat (540 Gommone) for my wife 16 year old son and I. We docked in Capri and went to Anacapri, came back down got in the boat and went to the back side of the island and a private cove. Dropped anchor, had lunch and went swimming in our private cove. Incredible. This was in July and it was amazing to totally get away from all the tourists that afternoon. If you have any experience being around the water and boats you really should do this.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank GG1HI
Rosemere, Canada
“F.Mule”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We rented a boat for 2 persons from Sorrento no captain just my wife and me and went to Capri, the amalfi coast all the way up to Positano. What a day, the scenery is breath taken. We had the chance to stop in little cove and go swim. It was the best way to see all these places and totally worth every penny spent to go cruising along the coast for the whole day.

Visited November 2012
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Minneapolis, Minnesota
63 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“One of the best experiences ever...”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I rented their smallest boat which is about 18 ft long and has a 40 HP motor. It says it holds 6 but I think it really is good for 4 adults comfortably. I took my wife our for our 5 year anniversary and proposed to her again, she did say yes:). It gives you such a different perspective of the coast as we drove around the point on the way to Positano. Based on the amount of wind there is that day will really determine how well your day goes. Our day was fairly calm but there are still waves. Make sure your passengers are ok with it being a little bouncy. There is a decent amount of larger, some much larger, that travel in a similar path and it will create some waves that you should know how to navigate. If you've never driven a boat that might be a challenge to keep things calm in the boat. It took us over an hour to get around the point and into a small port that we were able to just float and take a swim. If you haven't been in this water you truly can't appreciate how clear this water is. I went down about 10 feet and my wife took a picture and she could see me very clearly all the way to my toes. The color is incredible and more than warm enough for a great day of swimming. I think if you didn't spend much time stopping you could make it to Positano for some amazing views. This company is very well organized and very helpful for thins to do and not to do. You can bring on food and beverage, wine/beer included. For an extra 5 euros they will give you 2 large water bottles that are frozen to throw into the cooler that they provide and that works out well and when it melts you can drink it. The gas can get expensive but we drove at about half throttle for a total of 5 hours or so and it was 45 euros. If you are at all prone to sea sickness I don't think you should go very far but just staying in front of Sorrento where the waters are pretty calm would be fine and still amazing views of the city.

Visited September 2013