“Best bar in town!”
Review of Square - CLOSED

Square
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: A brief description it is not enough to describe the warm hospitality and the friendly staff that you'find at The Square. Restaurant, Fine Music, Art Cafè, Wi Fi Area free of charge and Library are some of our facilities to offer you while your stay in Sorrento. Square Angelina Lauro 47
St Keverne, United Kingdom
“Best bar in town!”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

I was in Sorrento on holiday and came across this excellent little bar in one of the main town squares.

Great cocktails (though beer is cheaper)
Great city vibe in a small city
Amazing coffee!
Smiley people
Free book swap!!
Easy food

And they do live music (well there was a band playing on a Friday but I don't know if it was a one off.... I didn't ask!)

• Visited May 2012

Hyde Park, New York, United States
“Highlight of Sorrento”
Reviewed April 30, 2012

During a three week culinary tour of Italy, my group had stayed 3 nights in Sorrento. One late evening after going out to see the nightlife we came upon this noisy bar with tons of young Italians looking at us with disgust and being very condesending. After our group decided to by-pass that particular bar we came across Square. It was a cozy, modern lounge that had a medium tone of conversations. In the case, where we actually wanted to hear what our other friends were saying we decided to go in. BEST CHOICE EVER. The drinks were made with TLC and the bartender took good care of us. The people there were also extremely nice, not like the rude others that were drinking at the bar next door. The place was soo nice we even decided to go there a second night after the bartender told us about the live music that would be present. The second night= awsome drinks, awsome music, and lovely company including the locals. The bartender made an awsome Kir Royale and all the drinks were cheap!! But made with qualitiy liquer. LOVE LOVE LOVE. Next visit to Italy must include another (or more) visits to Square. :]

• Visited March 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best hangout ever.”
Reviewed March 14, 2012

While on a three week culinary tour of Italy, my fellow students and I found ourselves in sorrento with a fair amount of free time. Square was the highlight of the three days there. The owner and bartenders were the most personable, fantastic people we met in this wonderul country. The drinks were expertly made, the food was top of the line, and the entertainment was phenomenal. Go here!!!!

1 Thank Johochu
Longwood
“Perfect place to catch a bite/espresso & stay in touch with free wi-fi.”
Reviewed November 15, 2011

my husband & I stayed at a hotel a block away from this gem of a place and we would have at least a daily espresso while we communicated with folks back home using their free wi-fi. We were pleasantly surprised one evening when we were too tired to walk much further and decided to order dinner..it was fabulous! One of the owners, Massimo spent time telling us how he became involved in this venture and shared his vision for the future. If you're in Sorrento & your hotel has a fee for Internet access, then this is the place to go. Have an espresso and one of their delicious dessert, or better yet, have a meal. I promise you won't be disappointed!!

2 Thank Isabel56
Ottawa, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Somewhat disappointed”
Reviewed November 14, 2011

I generally put a lot of stock in tripadvisor reviews, but this is one case where i thought the reality did not quite match the reviews. The atmosphere and service were very good. The waiter was very friendly and even offered to cook up something for our kids before the kitchen officially opened, though we decided to wait. I enjoyed the decor and the music very much, and really like the idea of a bar/restaurant attached to a book store. However, the food was the weak point. My mushroom, pea and ham dish was missing the ham completely and the mushrooms tasted canned. My husband was equally underwhelmed with his dish.

All in all, I would maybe go back for a coffee or a drink, because the ambience was very nice, and unlike the other places we saw and tried in Sorrento, but would likely not try again for an evening meal

1 Thank misha10