“Consistenly good Italian food”

Ristorante Sorrento
Ranked #246 of 292 Restaurants in Sorrento
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Indoor and outdoor dining; reasonable; excellent muscles and fish
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We spent a week in Sorrento and fortunately found this restaurant on via Padre Rigin on our second day. Thereafter we went there regularly and were never disappointed either with the food or service. They have an excellent menu and deserve to be successful.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Although scooters and motor bikes go past all the time, this did not detract from the excellent food, service and good value for money.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I was looking for something for dinner on Good Friday and thought the restaurant looked reasonably full with quite a few Italians. Usually a good sign, but not in this case.

I decided to opt for the the fried prawns and calamari accompanied by seasonal vegetables. There was no fault with the vegetables which were grilled but with olive oil & herbs on them other than not being as hot as I would like them. The same cannot be said for the seafood though which was overcooked. The prawns were hard to de-shell and were very dry while the calamari was very rubbery.

I left with 22 euros less in my pocket after a long wait for the bill. This being the cost for the main, the vegetables and a diet coke ... plus a cover charge. Hopefully my favourtie Sorrento restaurant will be open by I return in summer otherwise I'll be picking my restaurant by the higher rated Tripadvisor ones.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

After a few overpriced experiences in Sorrento, this is a welcome relief with value-for-money, genuinely good food, and well priced wine.

Both has prawn starters, one in Oil, Garlic, and white wine, just delicious, the other in deep-fried spagetti -a taste sensation f you like big meaty prawns.
Gnocchi was fine, but never a great choice as its a bit bland on its own.
A Selection of Grilled fish, lovely selection, and a Fish-lovers dream. Grilled vegetables were generous, perfectly cooked and of nice variety.
Wine was lovely, and with a good variety for €15 a bottle, which is refreshing.
All-in-All, one of our best eating experiences in Sorrento.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

We were recommended to visit this restaurant by adjacent guests in the Grand Hotel Aminta so decided to give it a try. We arrived around 7pm and it was reasonably busy but not overly so. we ordered the specials of the day, Italian meatballs and sardines and a carafe of house red. We drank the house red and nothing arrived. Everybody else got served. I called the waiter over and was told the machine for making the meatballs had broken and it would be just a minute. Another couple sat at the adjacent table and got their wine and order. They suggested we ask for some bread to keep us going. We did and got bread and oil and another carafe of house red. Nearly an hour after ordering our meal arrived. It was delicious! So was the Limoncello they offered and which I thought was on the house. Should have known better. Loved the food, disappointed with the wait.