We had 17 adults, a 2 year old and a 4 month old in our group and it was great that we could all stay in one location, could all eat together for breakfast and dinner...just way better than any hotel or other arrangement could ever have been.
Location was very close to city center which was great with kids and my mom in her mid 70s along with us on this trip.
Hosts were super nice and extremely helpful
1. Hooked us up with the car service next door which only cost our group 2.5 Euros more per person than the bus would have and it took us door-to-door which was huge since we had our 2 year old and 4 month old in tow
2. Gave us a great local recommendation in Da Filippo the night we did all go out to eat (just up the road, had a playground in the back of the restaurant which kept our 2 year old occupied while waiting for our food to arrive)
3. We took them up on their offer of doing an all you can eat pizza dinner coupled with all the beer and wine we could drink the first night and the pizza was hands-down the best pizza we had all week...amazing!
Small pool made us laugh when we were first checking out places on the internet, but it was a godsend in reality since it allowed us to cool off in our own private pool after long walks and/or long days of packing in too many activities.
They have a slide, toys and little toy house which was great for our two year old. Also, the owners have little kids so instead of pack'n'plays we had two legit cribs for both children.
We felt very safe with the gate/entry system for the property.
We negotiated breakfast to be included in our package and it saved us a ton of $...danishes, fresh fruit, coffee, tea, juice, water, cereal...was just a great way to start each day.
All of the rooms were clean and the place was very well maintained. A/C worked great which has not usually been my experience at B & B's. Wifi was great except in the outside area by the pool.
Kitchen had some serious ants...wasn't a problem anywhere else in the villa, but is something that should be taken care of.
Towels and linens weren't changed until around mid-day of Thursday on a Saturday morning to Saturday morning seven day stay...found that kind of odd...would have thought it would be more like Wednesday morning.
They really need a daily system regarding picking up dog poop from their three little dogs...like the first thing that should happen each morning prior to putting out breakfast is going out with a pooper scooper followed by a cleaning solution to clean the spot on the tile where the dogs pooped. By Day Two we only let our 2 year old run around in the area below outside with shoes on because that was the favored poop spot...we cleaned up dog poop four mornings...not cool.
All in all, fantastic hosts, a really nice villa, wasn't too pricey, amazing for large groups and I would highly recommend this property or any other properties in Positano or Amalfi that they also manage.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The house was completely renovated in 2008. Every corner of the house and garden are finely decorated. The building is in a typical Sorrentine made in tuff - volcanic stone typical of this area. All rooms are rustic but elegant and designed for the comfort of the guests. The Villa offers tranquility, privacy and at the same time, friendliness and hospitality of its owners. ... more less