“Wonderfully Romantic & Great Fish”

Marameo Beach Restaurant
Ranked #184 of 292 Restaurants in Sorrento
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Il ristorante Marameo,situato sul mare, vi offre una cucina tipica mediterranea in una cornice suggestiva e romantica come quella della Costa di Sorrento. Chef accreditati garantiscono un alto livello qualitativo dei cibi.
Reviewed June 10, 2014

My husband and I had a lovely meal here one evening whilst passing through Sorrento in June 2014. The waiters were attentive but not overbearing, they were knowledgeable and professional, speaking very good english. There is a lift directly to the restaurant from the town above. The restaurant is on an attractive wooden pier with views over the sea and on to Mt Versuvius. It's lit with candles on an evening and very romantic. My husband and I chose a rock fish from the fish caught that day and shared a seafood platter to start and had the remainder of the fish in a linguini as our main. The waiters recommended a locally produced Rose wine which was also very good. It made for a thoroughly enjoyable evening and I would totally recommend it to anyone visiting Sorrento.

Reviewed May 10, 2014

Great bar built out over he water looking over to Vesuvius, Francesco the waiter looked after us with his impeccable English and ready smile and the drinks came with a constant supply of snacks. Even better it's right by the lift to go back up to the main square so no need to brave the steps!

Reviewed May 8, 2014

We rented loungers for the day at the bargain price of 8 euro each (although I understand this is a seasonal offer) and took the ones at the end of the pier, looking straight out over the water towards Vesuvius. There was a real feel of exclusivity about the place, with nobody really coming near us except Umberto, our personal waiter. He made us feel very welcome, taking photos for us and opening a tab for food and drink to make payment easier for us. You can go into the water here is you wish - there are toilets and changing rooms within the bar area. Highly recommend on a sunny day.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

We came upon Marameo while checking out Mariana Piccola. It was lunchtime, so we were fortunate to get a table on the deck overlooking the water and Mt. Vesuvius. We had octopus salad, which was swimming in a vinaigrette, and grilled prawns. My wife had a hamburger, which she said was good. Service was friendly and prompt, the beer was cold, good food and outstanding views and atmosphere.

1  Thank GeorgiaBill
Reviewed October 4, 2013

This restaurant is a lovely place and nice food but the staff's careless attitude placed my health at risk. This restaurant was booked by our hotel so we had not realised that this was essentially a fish restaurant . To be fair most restaurants in the area sell fish and I have always managed well with just advising them of my position. We informed the waiter that I had was allergic to shell fish and he reassured us that this would not be a problem and he would ensure that the kitchen were aware of this and he wrote this on the order. Ordering Chicken I was reassured that this would be a safe option. Unfortunately, within minutes of eating the chicken I became very ill with a typical allergic reaction. The swift action of the restaurants driver was the only positive contribution of the restaurant . He took me directly to hospital and stayed around to translate, without him the outcome may have been less favourable. We visited the restaurant the next day to explain to them how serious the cross contamination of food was and they showed little interest . We noticed that the kitchen was very small, so presumably it is difficult to keep food separate . We paid the bill in full.

1  Thank skiersuk