“Good cheap food for lunch and great value ice cream.”
Review of Bar Veneruso

Bar Veneruso
Ranked #10 of 26 Dessert in Sorrento
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Ellesmere Port, United Kingdom
“Good cheap food for lunch and great value ice cream.”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Staff seem friendly but sometimes a little slow to notice you have sat down and take an order. We used this place for lunch a few times as you can get pizza for 5 euros or hot dog and chips for 6 euros. Fries are amazing but the hot dog wasnt fab but ok for a cheap lunch.

Ice cream is the best value in Sorrento as you get much more for a tad cheaper. Limited choice though for ice cream but still nice.

• Visited August 2012

San Francisco, California
“Delicious yet inexpensive food!”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Loved this place. The wait staff were very helpful and friendly. And they gave us a yummy plate of bruschetta as antipasti - free of charge! Try their pistachio meringue, sicilian cannoli, calzone (make sure to eat your calzone while it's hot!), and their pistachio cream puff. They are soooo yummy!

• Visited August 2012
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“The best Espresso in town.”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We introduced the waiter to a cola float, vanilla ice cream in a glass of cola light, coupled with my double espresso's.
Great to sit at the pavement tables on an evening on Cosa Italia when the road is pedestrianised.
Will be on our list when we return.

Visited August 2012
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Best value Rum Babas in Sorrento!”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

We ate here on a few occasions during our 2 weeks in Sorrento and had good food and excellent service each time. The menu is simple but extensive and reasonably priced and the cakes are wonderful. My husband is a Rum Baba fiend and here they are not only really good but also half the price of many other cafes in Sorrento. The daily specials are excellent - I had a lovely tagliatelle with smoked salmon, courgettes, chilli and cream on one occasion and half a lobster with spaghetti on another, the lobster was one of the best meals I had while in. Although I believe the coffee is really good in Bar Veneruso my favourite drink was the fresh lemon juice - really refreshing and a real taste of Sorrento.

Dayton, Ohio
“Good food, seems to always be open”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I'm not sure what the hours of Bar Veneruso are, but whenever I wanted food from there, it seemed like they were always open (even somewhat late at night). I had many different items on their menu: pizza, bruscetta, chicken sandwich, proscuitto sandwich. Everything was very good, the service was generally pretty quick, and the staff were friendly. I ate here several times per week when I was in Sorrento. It's a great place for quick meal--or to grab something to go.

• Visited June 2012