“Lovely guesthouse in Sorrento”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sorrento
Villa Adriana Guesthouse Sorrento
Ranked #45 of 143 Sorrento B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We spent a week at Villa Adrianna the first week of September this year and loved it. The house is very nicely done and the rooms are very comfortable. The pool and sourrounding area are such a welcome relief after a day of touring or a great place to spend the day if you want to just relax. Vittoria and Rosy were both welcoming and gracious hosts. Rosy helped us often with directions and suggestions. I found them to be very helpful when we needed them and very unintrusive when we were sitting and relaxing outside. The breakfast served in the pool area was nicely prepared and we were always offered more than what was presented at the breakfast table. The villa is a ten minute walk from town. You are removed from the constant noise of motorcycles, cars and pedestrian traffic. It is on a street that does have some traffic but we were nevered bothered by traffic noise. A large Hilton is just beyond the villa but again we were never bothered by noise from the Hilton. And I am someone who is very bothered by intrusive noise. Reviews are very subjective as are the impressions one takes away from any place. I read the previous two reveiws and disagree with them, but respect their right to state their impression. When I read reviews of a place on Tripadvisor I try to glean whether the person writing values the same things I value and whether they are looking for the same amenities I am seeking. When the majority agree then I assume that those disagreeing are looking for something more or something different. In this case, the 10 minute walk, even though slightly uphill at the end of the day, was a small price to pay to be removed from the noise, traffic and congestion of the town. We had a wonderful stay and I would not hesitate to recommend Villa Adrianna. I highly suggest that instead of taking the larger ferry type boats to visit other towns that you spend the extra money to rent a boat with 10 or 12 people. It was such a great experience and the view of the Amalfi coast from the water is not to be missed. Also, look on TripAdvisor for Zia Lucy who will take you on a hike up in the mountains above Positano. Not for the faint of heart, but it is a great experience. If you like mussels, then try them at all the different restaurants. Some of the best we've every had.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Regina C

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Paid good money after reading previous reviews, villa was clean but souless and had no ambience. Totally agree with previous review by Starbuck3. No teas, coffees or snacks in our room, we should not have to ask for tea etc. Totally overlooked by the Hilton, screening on balcony is needed, also noise from the Hilton on 3 nights, Toiletries need to be upgraded, As for breakfast, same every day but where was Italian breads, tomatos and olives ?, sliced bread so dry and tasteless it had to be toasted. Met people who were staying at Uleyses Hostel and Spa and the Hotel Elios, they had nothing but praise, check these two out.
Villa Adriana is an expensive B&B without the extra special touches which i presume the previous family members added .

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Pommers1
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Villa Adriana Sorrento is the most wonderful B&B I have ever stayed in. I am here with my son, my brother and his wife as well as my nephew and his wife. Check it out at www.villaadrianasorrento.com
Beautiful Villa, lovely rooms, close to train station and downtown. The pool and gardens are lovely. It is within walking distance of everything you might want to see and do. Vittoria and Rosy are wonderful and so willing to help arrange anything from tours to taxis. I plan to return to Sorrento and I will stay only here. I have read one negative review of this place and can't imagine that we are speaking about the same place. All other reviews have been great and well deserved.
Nicola

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Wonderful place to stay when visiting Sorrento. Stayed for for 4 nights, during which Vittoria and Rosy made us feel extremely welcome. Nothing was too much trouble for them. House, rooms, and pool were all lovely and clean. Took about 15 mins to walk to town or the train station so this is a nice, quiet alternative to staying in the main town.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Villa Adrianna is a lovely B&B which is well run by Rosey (the manager) and Vittoria (the owner). They were both very friendly and welcoming. Vittoria held a party at the Villa for her parents 40th anniversary and was kind enough to invite all of the guests. It was a beautiful affair with food, wine and live singing.

I stayed on the top floor with my wife. We had a very nice room with a balcony and lounge chairs. My three kids stayed in a triple suite with two bedrooms; there was ample room. The rooms are well appointed and immaculate. The bathroom was large and the bed was comfortable.

The villa has a beautiful pool with a small waterfall. (My only criticism is that the pool closed at 6:30 pm; I would have liked to taken a swim after getting back from sightseeing all day). The grounds are well maintained.

A continental breakfast is served from 8 am to 10 am. with pasties, fruit, cereal, salami, cheese, yogurt, ect. The cappuccino was excellent.

The B&B is slightly outside the main part of town and located directly across from the Hilton hotel (which is huge and looks down on the villa). The Villa is a 15-20 minute walk from Tasso Square, which is the happening part of Sorrento.

We enjoyed our stay at Villa Adriana and I thought the cost of the rooms was very reasonable.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for five days in July and it was just perfect. When I say charming, I mean every aspect of it!! From Rosy and Vittoria's wonderful customer service, to the beautiful grounds (especially the pool!), not to mention the clean, pretty room we stayed in. We really couldn't have had a better stay! In fact, I was lucky to celebrate my 32nd birthday in Sorrento, and Rosy and Vittoria helped my husband surprise me with roses and champagne in my room, plus helped him find a fantastic restaurant right on the beach. The list of why I loved this place could go on and on. We will be back!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2013

staed for 5 nights in the queen terrace the house is spotless,the breakfast,very good and the pool very nice, it is 15mins + walk to tasso sq,vittoria & rosey are the most lovely people you could meet the only negatives are the road can be noisy and you have the Hilton hotel over looking your terrace, on the whole very nice

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple