“Quick service after a long day of sightseeing”
Review of il pozzo

il pozzo
Ranked #126 of 309 Restaurants in Sorrento
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Description: My wife and I visited Sorrento in May and we had several meals at an excellent restaurant named Il Pozzo (The Well). We tried many of their pastas, risottos and pizzas and they were all wonderful. I had pasta with seafood more than once and it was excellent. I also had their risotto with mushrooms and it was delicious.Their house red wine is very good. It is fruity, easy to drink and very moderately priced. And for white wine, we chose Falanghina from the wine list. Falanghina is a local white wine that is fruity with a subtle crispness.Finally, I need to say a few words about the staff. They were always very helpful and made me feel completely comfortable. They were wonderful guys.Il Pozzo is located on via Tasso, down from the cathedral, at the intersection with via dell'Accademia.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great food for and service for a family of 5 looking to eat and head back to the hotel after a long day. Our 8 year old son loved the gnocchi (it was cooked in it's own ceramic bowl and topped with fresh mozzarella.

My Mom was traveling with us and she is Gluten Free. The staff was very accommodating to her needs and offered a gluten fee pasta option.

Reviewed July 11, 2018 via mobile

Had a fettucine Bolognese and a marinara pizza. Both were ok, not fantastic. For a restaurant in a tourist district, quite reasonably priced though, at least for what I ate. It's just not very memorable.

Reviewed July 9, 2018

We were so please we discovered Il Pozzo as infact we ate here twice. The waiters were friendly and we did not feel rushed. Excellent atmosphere and food. Outside was full so both times we sat inside.

Reviewed July 9, 2018

Right from our entree in this restaurant I felt rushed and somewhat whatched upon by the waiters. Most of them seemed in a haste, while the outside area (justl ike the inside) was pretty empty. We felt a bit uncomfortable, but decided to give it a chance: we didn't want to move to another restaurant again.

Fried starter was fine, just like the risotto with lemon and shrimps. The cannelonni with tomato sauce and cheese however was pretty bad. Very simple, basic tomato sauce and 4 pieces of cannelloni.. too small for my taste. The minced meat inside was more than 'well done', just not nice to eat.

Prices are fine, nice location, but our experience didn't meet the standards we have experienced in other, better Italian restaurants. Especially the out-of-focus, unpleasant service surprised us in a bad way. Would not recommend.

Reviewed July 7, 2018 via mobile

Wondering around Sorrento looking for one where to eat a really good pizza, as this is one of the areas they come from.
Found this place slightly out of the way (50 mtrs) and have had possibly one of the pizzas ever, the service and staff were great the food was very good.
To the staff thank you