“A splendid feast!”

Ristorante Il Borgo
Reserve with
Ristorante Il Borgo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 290 Restaurants in Sorrento
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Description: The restaurant offers a free shuttle service from Sorrento to the restaurant and back to a maximum of 8 people
Reviewed October 26, 2012

On September 21st, 2012, our tour guides from Capstone Tours took us to this lovely restaurant where we sat on the balcony\patio that had a wonderful view of the area. There were nine of us including our tour guides! Each of us chose dishes to be shared by all! Soon large platters of food were being brought out, generous portions for all! Everything was sublimely delicious! The gentleman and the young lady who served us were welcoming and warm, and seemed to enjoy serving us the best of what they had! The wine we had was their own, of which a number of us later bought bottles! We asked to meet the chef and he graciously came out and received a round of applause from a most delightedly satisfied group! Would we go there again, yes, without question! Great service, awesome food, lovely view, what more could you ask for! Beatrice and Tom Cleary, Toronto, Ontario, Canada

2  Thank Beatrice C

Reviewed October 24, 2012

We had been recommended "Il Borgo" by the owner of "Pulcinellos" restaurant in Cleveley (Nr Blackpool) UK. Il Borgo arranged for a driver to pick us up from our hotel in the centre of sorrento. we were then shown to a window table with a stunning view of the bay of Sorrento & Naples. We explained that it was the birthday of one of our party.
The owner / staff were so attentive. We all had different Fish dishes, cooked to perfection. Excellent food, from starter to dessert.
At the end of the meal the lights went down and they produced a fantastic birthday cake (that they had just made) and a bottle of Champagne. What a fantastic end to a memorable evening and a memorable holiday.
They then arranged for the driver to take us back to the centre of Sorrento, at no cost to us.
They could not have been any more attentive.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Best feature of this restaurant up on the hill is the panoramic view of the city and the bay, stunning. Dinner was average, though service was pretty good. Maybe that we ordered badly, but we had the fresh fish and a grilled meat platter, a house specialty, and something to break the days of pasta. The fish did seem fresh, the whole thing, head and all, but with little meat. Supposedly sea bass, but looked and tasted more like lake trout, but with a tasty lemon sauce. The grill meats were just that, a few pieces of grill meat with roasted potatoes. Even the pasta starter was average compared to other places throughout Italy. Go for the view, stay with pasta or pizza, and enjoy. They offer free car service from most hotels.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

We stayed in a small, inexpensive hotel on the Sorrento waterfront, and the reception staff recommended Il Borgo. Because it was late and the restaurant offered a free pick-up service (without which we would not have gone), we made a reservation.

There were only a few patrons there as it was the night of a big football game. The service was very inattentive but we didn't really mind. The decor was dated but the view was lovely, although being late in the season, the outside dining area was closed.

My fish (Riccola) was very tasty, but our waiter had not de-boned it properly and after picking six or seven bones out of my mouth, I gave up and concentrated on my very delicious, pasta. It had been made simply, in a lovely red sauce, and was the best I had on my trip.

Final part of the meal? Home made limoncello dessert wine, made from Sorrento lemons. The actual lemons, sugar and water were sitting in a big glass jar near the kitchen, with the date written on it in magic marker. Strong and sweet, limoncello can knock you over!

I would recommend Il Borgo if you are able to sit outside in warmer weather, and if you have time to deal with slow and not particularly attentive waiters.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

We had the good fortune to eat here in July 2012 after reading other reviews on Trip Advisor. We were not disappointed. It was one of our most memorable evenings traveling through Tuscany, Amalfi Coast and Rome. The restaurant will send a complimentary van to pick you up in town (we did give the driver a small gratuity)-and obviously will drive you back at the end of your meal. Meeting people from other places in the van was fun. If the weather is nice, I would ask for a table outside. We were seated on a small balcony overlooking the Bay of Naples. We saw shooting stars and fireworks. There was a family of 4 from England and a larger party of "locals" celebrating a 50th birthday also out on the balcony. It was a festive night. More importantly, the food was delicious. Sadly, I cannot recall all of the details, but know the seafood ravioli was one of the best pasta dishes we had in Italy. It was cooked just write and melted in my mouth (so to speak). I also enjoyed the spaghetti and clams. It was very fresh. My husband and I shared appetizers, pasta and main courses (pasta, fish and veal). All were very good. I do not think you can go wrong with what you order. The house wine was pleasant and we did not feel any need to order a more expensive wine. The restaurant is not fancy or "upscale"; rather it was warm and inviting. Tony, the owner's nephew, could not have been more kind, pleasant and eager to please. After dinner we were treated to some homemade Limoncello. I am not a big fan of Limoncello, but this was quite good. Also, in addition to the dessert we ordered from the menu, the family celebrating the birthday shared a piece of their Millefoglie dessert. I do not know if the cake was from Il Borgo or a local bakery. It was the most delicious cake I have ever had. Layers of pastry, chocolate, custard and more. I would highly recommend Il Borgo for a delicious dinner and memorable evening.

1  Thank 1LisaF