“Fabulous food and service!”

Inn Bufalito Taverna Mediterranea
Reserve with
Inn Bufalito Taverna Mediterranea is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 292 Restaurants in Sorrento
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine
Description: Mozzarella Bar - Taverna Mediterranea: Light, simple and creative, our cuisine takes inspiration from the traditional Campania Region gastronomy.Our Philosophy is to use only local and fresh products, in particular buffalo meats and cheeses.
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We loved everything about the Inn Bufalito--the service, the ambiance, and especially the food! I had the buffalo stew, which was really interesting and VERY hearty and we had the crock of mozarella fondue for an appetizer--which was actually what lured us into the restaurant in the first place--and it did NOT disappoint! The house red wine is a really lovely Nero d'Avola--one of the only things that is NOT local in the whole restaurant--but since I wasn't really impressed with the red wines in this region, that might be for the best. There were an awful lot of English-speaking tourists there (and the servers all spoke excellent English), which was a little disappointing for me since I like to seek out "local" places and practice my Italian--but don't be turned off by the fact that it's a little bit touristy--it's a truly excellent restaurant.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,258)

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I could rave on about this restaurant for hours - my partner and I thought it was absolutely fantastic and ended up eating here 3 times during our week's stay in Sorrento. Food was simple but done to perfection and lifted up to slightly more modern standards than many of the other traditional Italian restaurants, but remaining honest in style. Our first trip was for lunch and we had the tasting platter of mozzarella which was delicious and very generous in its portion size. Our second visit was for dinner and we each had a pasta dish and a dessert. The pasta and their sauces were truly delicious, I'm still salivating at the thought! On our second trip for dinner we had the T-bone water buffalo steak between 2 which comes with roast potatoes and salad and was just absolutely amazing and HUGE. I just can't fault the restaurant at all in terms of food, and the service was pretty good too with helpful staff happy to explain dishes to you. Price was very reasonable, probably about middle of the range in comparison with other restaurants in Sorrento. The only thing to be aware of is that portions are very big! If you are planning to go and be typically Italian - starter, pasta course, main course, dessert - I'd advise you not to, or at least not to eat all you are given or you will literally explode!
Very very good indeed.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

This is a busy, friendly, excellent restaurant. Service is attentive, but not pushy and the food is really good. What more could you ask for? The antipasto with mozzarella was excellent and quite ample for 3 people. Ink stained pasta with squid and shrimp was outstanding, seafood pasta, and the waiter recommened fusilli was very good. A dark chocolate cake for dessert was really delicious! We would definitely go back.

1  Thank Michael T
Reviewed May 5, 2013

My husband and I ate here for an early dinner. We came in around 430 and order an appetizer to share along with the house red wine. I will say that the wine was average, but also very reasonable. The bartender gave us a very generous poor and went over the menu in deal. We ended up getting a meat, cheese and vegetable plate. Amazing!!!

I love cheese, especially fresh mozzarella and this is the best I have ever had. We had buffalo salami and veggies marinated in oil. The salami was delicious as well as the veggies. We ate all the meat and cheese but veggies had a lot of oil in them so we couldn't finish the plate. At the end of our meal, the bartender asked if we liked the veggies because there were still some on the plate. I explained that they were great, just different then I was used too. He offered to get us something different, but after eating mozzarella the size of a softball, I thought I was going to pop.

The atmosphere is great, mainly rustic with low lighting. When we came in they were playing 80s music, which I love. The bathrooms are very clean. They also had a shelf of books by the bar that you browse through while you sit.

We are staying a few more days and I hope to go back once more.

1  Thank Lexidee22
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Look for the the red devil head. (I think it's suppose to be a buffalo head). We ordered the rocket salad and rosemary bread for an appetizer. Salad is big enough to share. Try the buffalo. It was great. House wine (red) was not as good as others we've had but they had several other wines to choose from.

1  Thank sandandwaves