“So Good, we went back for more”

Inn Bufalito Taverna Mediterranea
Reserve with
Inn Bufalito Taverna Mediterranea is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 273 Restaurants in Sorrento
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Mozzarella Bar - Taverna Mediterranea: Light, simple and creative, our cuisine takes inspiration from the traditional Campania Region gastronomy.Our Philosophy is to use only local and fresh products, in particular buffalo meats and cheeses.
California
“So Good, we went back for more”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

By chance, we ended up eating lunch at In-Bufalito. I didn’t realize until after our meal it was on my Tripadvisor and Chowhound list of must eats. It was so good; we went back for dinner a few days later.

The restaurant is very large with ample seating and a small bar in the back. We were quickly seated and the waiter reviewed the daily specials (his English was better than my Italian). The menu is unique and very impressive. We decided to start with the marinated vegetable plate. Truly unique, consisting of pickled pumpkin, broccoli and asparagus. The serving was more than enough for 2 people. The focaccia with rosemary was perfect for dipping into the extra virgin olive oil on the plate. I had the Gnocchi, my husband had Squid pasta. Both were amazing. Each bite of gnocchi was light like a pillow with the right amount of light tomato sauce to accompany. The plate was drizzled with balsamic vinegar. This is some of the best gnocchi I’ve eaten. The squid pasta was rich and hearty with thick meaty rings of calamari.

On our second visit, we didn’t have a reservation and had to wait over 40 minutes for a table. We started with the mozzarella sampler plate. A Beautiful presentation of several different kinds/preparations of mozzarella. More than enough to share among four people. We had trouble finishing it. I had spaghetti with fresh tomato sauce. I was slightly disappointed as the sauce was a little too rich for the lightness of the pasta. My husband had the lamb shank. Very tender and fell right off the bone. It was served with roasted potatoes and a jus. He was thoroughly satisfied.

The prices are very reasonable, and no service charge. I would highly recommend to anyone visiting the area. Make a reservation for dinner.

• Visited September 2012

• Turkish first
chester, uk
“As unique as they get”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

Based around food produced by the Buffalo this buzzing place is great just to have a relaxing night snacking on many options whilst drinking the excellent house Chianti

Visited September 2012
1 Thank trueblueChester_Uk
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Absolutely delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

My boyfriend and I went here on our last night, and wished we'd found it sooner. The waiter was very clued up on the menu and specials, and seemed genuinely enthusiastic about all the food. He was right to be.

For a starter we shared a Cheese Fondue and Foccacia with Rosemary to dip in it. It sounds a bit 70s but my goodness it was nice. Don't go wearing a white shirt and order this though!

My boyfriend then had a buffalo steak, which he said was lovely, and he's fussy on meat. I had the gnocchi with tomato and mozzarella sauce, which was beautiful.

We would have loved to have a pudding but were both stuffed. Dinner including a generous tip and a couple of bottles of water was about 45 Euros. Well worth every penny!

Visited September 2012
Dublin, Ireland
“disappointing.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

was a bit disappointed with this place as it had been highly rated on tripadvisor. the waiter seemed a bit too intense and obviously takes his job seriously but could probably do with lightening up a bit. he listed off the specials and he may as well have listed off a whole new menu. there were loads and it took him a couple of minutes to say his piece. frankly i stopped listening in the middle of it as it went on too much. it was quite amusing when another table came in and you could hear him going through the same thing all over again. got lasagne which was nice enough but quite small and could have done with a bit more cheese. wasn't that bad of a place but it just wasn't that good either.

• Visited September 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Fans of Fresh Mozzarella Will Love This Place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

Inn Bufalito is both a restaurant and a shop front in Sorrento. The restaurant does prepared meals using buffalo mozzarella, buffalo meat and many other fresh ingredients. It's a highly recommended place for lunch in Sorrento. My husband and I shared an anti-pasto plate which included a whole mozzarella! It also had cured buffalo "prosciutto" and salamis. My husband then had the buffalo stew which was delicious and I had a pasta special with Italian sausage which was quite good. After lunch we walked to the Inn Bufalito store and bought several salamis to take home with us and they were fabulous as well. Inn Bufalito has a casual atmosphere and the staff are friendly and efficient. We very much enjoyed our lunch here and would recommend it as an excellent lunch place in Sorrento where it can be a bit hard to find a good place for lunch that isn't highly touristic - Inn Bufalito succeeds in this regard.

• Visited July 2012