“I wish I had walked past”
Review of Taverna dell'800

Taverna dell'800
Ranked #185 of 311 Restaurants in Sorrento
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Initial impressions made us sit down and order. Seafood cocktail was well below par, 5 peeled prawns Marie rose dressing 1 chopped radish and four leaves of lettuce €8. Mussel starter, plenty of shells however theft of any meaningful contents, tiny to say the least. Mains were average at best. Staff pleasant enough, service reasonably quick
It s shame but we wasted one of our culinary nights in Sorrento

Reviewed July 11, 2018 via mobile

Tried our luck with this one without any research.
We managed to grab a table outside despite how busy the place was.
We had Zucchini flowers for starters and actually ordered a second portion they were sooo good.
We had three really good meals and a nice pizza.
My wife and I both hadhome made pasta dishes and you could taste the difference with the pasta.
My son had seafood risotto and it was packed full of mussels and squid.
The house white wasn’t anything special but drinkable at 6euros per 1/2 litre.
All in all a nice venue with hearty home made pasta.

Reviewed July 11, 2018 via mobile

I stupidly only read the reviews as I was eating.

Long wait even though no customers.

Margharita was shop bought Base. Tinned tomatoes, cheap nasty cheese and one tiny peice of basil.

Reviewed July 9, 2018

I stopped here for dinner, drawn in by the offering of a Veal Milanese which I'd been craving my entire trip. I was seated quite quickly, given my wine quite quickly, and received my food very quickly. It seems this restaurant is either eager to turn over tables fast OR is used to tourists who want to receive their food fast. It kind of put a damper on my dinner, but the location on a quiet corner was a bonus. Happy with the service otherwise.

Reviewed July 9, 2018

We had good food at the restaurant and inside the restaurant was lovely. We decided to sit outside which was a little uncomfortable but it was our choice as so warm. The food was tasty and also the wine was good.