“Great atmosphere, delicious food, pretty surroundings”

Ristorante S. Antonino
Ranked #67 of 301 Restaurants in Sorrento
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We had a wonderful evening here.

The food was really delicious. My husband and I shared the grilled seafood platter and were delighted with how fresh and tasty it was. I wanted to go back and try the pizza as I saw lots of people dining on them.

The partial garden was very pretty.

The service was very good.

The atmosphere was unbeatable. The musicians strolling around playing neapolitan classics really topped off a wonderful evening.

It was pretty good value too.

I recommend this place wholeheartedly.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,464)

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Based on the reviews I had read on here, we decided to try this restaurant on our second evening in Sorrento. This is not gourmet food, but good honest italian cooking. I had a seafood rissotto which was delicious and my wife had the "small" pizza margharita which was more than enough for her. There often seems to be a feeling of pressure when choosing food in an Italian restaurant that you should do the whole five course thing whether you want it or not, but not at this restaurant. The waiters, several of whom are the sons of the owner and whose mother is English, speak English as if they were from the home counties, and were quite happy if you only wanted a pasta course or a main or even just a starter. The mixed hors d'oeuvres consisted of a huge plate of mixed salamis, prusciutto, Mozzarella and some small fried starters. The house wine by the carafe is very drinkable and at 9 euros a litre a bargain!
We returned here again and this time I had the mixed fried local fish and my wife had Veal which was also delicious, with half a litre of the house white (the red is better)a bottle of water, a mixed salad and fries and a lovely glass of Limoncello to end the meal the bill was only 42 Euros. As has been said the setting of this restaurant is lovely, up stairs and although under cover still feels like you are eating outside. Downsides? Well if I was being really picky I would have liked home made mayonaise instead of Kraft sachets, but as I said at the beginning this isn't gourmet dining and the price reflects that, but it is good food and wont break the bank!

Reviewed October 10, 2012

A family run restaurant with good food, friendly service, and music several evenings a week. We have gone several times during our stay in Sorrento and have found it to be uniformly good, with a smiling welcome each visit. Up a long fllight of stairs, but worth the climb!

Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

We got off to a bad start at this restaurant when having asked for a table for 2 we were invited to sit anywhere, we chose a table for 4 and were asked to move. I wouldn't normally sit at a table bigger than we needed but it was fairly late in the evening and only about 5 of the 50 or so tables were occupied.

Service throughout the rest of the evening was good enough, but not very friendly. Our waiter spoke English.

Starters were good, with a very generous portion of the baked ham and mozzarella rolls - wish we'd had one to share. Our pasta dishes were ok, nothing amazing.

Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

While in Sorrento for only 3 days we ate here twice. The staff was wonderful! If I could give them 10's I would. Seek out this restaurant and prepare for the best.