“Our Local in Sorrento”
Review of Banana Split

Banana Split
Ranked #2 of 20 Nightlife in Sorrento
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Was great to find a bar on holiday that after 1 visit was just like your local. Day or night there's always a warm welcome. Great pint of peroni, great wine, great cocktails and any other drink you can think of, I would recomend the Italian Stalion. After only 1 week in Sorrento have made some great friends in this bar and can't wait to go back. p.s Livia makes a lovely toastie.

1  Thank janine c

Reviewed May 14, 2013

I haven't tried all the bars in Sorrento, I don't need to I discovered Banana Split last year. So if you go to Sorrento a visit to this bar is a 'must'.It's so nice to be able to go into a bar alone and get such a warm welcome. Luigi and Livia are charming and I made some new friends while there. Luigi keeps a fine range on drinks on the shelves. In particular, the malt whiskies. The relaxed atmosphere made it feel like your 'local'. The only difference being that you can enjoy your drink in the bar or al fresco. Situated near my hotel I dropped in after a daytime shopping trip and of course, after dinner to end my day in good company. I'll be back!!

Reviewed November 20, 2012

If your are after a good night out with friends or even on your own this is the place to go in Sorrento! Amazing service, people and a very vibrant atmosphere, will never forget the wonderful times I has there and how much fun it was! It is a 'must go place', staff is very welcoming and friendly, Gigi the owner is the sweetest person on earth, his wife Livia and his dog are truly amazing, people of the greatest people I have ever met! YOU MUST GO!!!

4  Thank LarissaRomero
Reviewed October 22, 2012

This is the bar to visit in Sorrento! Luigi and his wife and daughter were charming. We enjoyed drinks and some very reasonable snacks there. With 2 screens we were able to chose which match we wanted to see, both locals and tourists enjoying themselves together.. I was missing my dog so was pleased to get my 'doggie fix' from either Split or Guinness. Roll on next year.

1  Thank Suzi A
Reviewed October 12, 2012

This bar has to be one. Central but not as touristy as central bars. We spent a week in Sorrento and visited almost every night. Luigi/Rocko and his dog welcomed us every night. Drinks great value, free Wifi and you can even play you tunes directly from your phone onto Rocko's sound system. Thanks Rocko for the giggles.

1  Thank JollySapphire